Playing sounds through your microphone on Discord can be a great way to share music, audio clips, or just have some fun with your friends while in voice chat. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it:
How To Play Music Through Discord
- Make sure that you have a working microphone and that it is properly set up on your computer.
- Join a Discord server and go to the voice channel you want to use.
- Open up the sound or audio file that you want to play through your microphone. This can be a music file, an audio clip, or anything else that produces sound.
- Right-click on the speaker icon in your system tray and select “Recording devices.” This will open the sound settings for your computer.
- In the Recording tab, find your microphone and select it. Then, click on the “Properties” button.
- In the Properties window, go to the “Listen” tab.
- Check the box next to “Listen to this device.” This will allow you to hear the audio that is being input through your microphone.
- Click on the “Apply” and “OK” buttons to save your changes.
- Play the audio file that you want to play through your microphone. You should now be able to hear the sound through your speakers and anyone else in the voice channel should be able to hear it as well.
Read Also: How to Install Discord on PS4 and PS5
That’s all there is to it! Just remember to turn off the “Listen to this device” setting when you’re done, as leaving it on can be distracting.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.