Skype for business picture not updating, the profile picture is not showing in Skype for Business, but is showing in the other applications. The reason is very simple.
By default, Skype for Business hides the picture. To make it visible, you should check the option to “Show my picture,” which can be found under My Picture options.
Skype for business picture not updating
Even though this might not be a major issue, it can cause people difficulty when popping up in video calls or Skype and having to show your friends and colleagues that you’re there rather than just your name.
- The best size to upload for a profile picture in Skype for Business is 96×96 pixels. Make sure it is uploaded correctly.
- You must see your Skype profile picture in other Office 365 apps like Outlook, Word etc. Otherwise, something is wrong with the picture size or upload process.
- Make sure your contacts can see the profile picture you uploaded.
- The most important thing is that, it should be visible in the “Preview” section
If you’re still encountering issues with Skype receiving an image, one possible solution would be to check that your Outlook settings and permissions are up-to-date.
Then update these settings to make sure your outlook do not hold any counteractive settings that could be conflicting with the Skype application’s ability to receive image updates on the dashboard.
There are other troubleshooting steps that you can try if the above simple solution does not fix.
- Sign out the Skye for Business client. Delete the browser cookies and sign-in information stored on your Exchange server.
- Sign-in again and check if the problem is resolved.
- If that does not work out , the open the Run bar in Windows.
- Type %AppData% in it.
- Generally, it will take you to “Roaming” folder.
- Just go one directory less and make sure you are in the AppData directory.
- Then Navigate to \Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\ for Skype for Business .
- Delete the sip_profileName folder. If you cannot find it here, you can check it in \Local\Microsoft\Communicator directory.
- Erase all the files in the Tracing folder. Don’t delete the folder.
- Clear the DNS by using this command ipconfig /flushdns in the elevated command prompt.
As another solution, to fix this issue.
It can be confusing to realize that your picture won’t show up in Outlook, Lync or Skype when using Office 365. This happens when photos are set to private, because the programs don’t show private images by default.
This is one of many instances where an accidentally-private photo could cause some confusion.
Generally, when you send an email or speak on Skype with someone, you can see their avatar displayed beside their name.
If this is not the case, Skype for business picture not updating that person may have disabled their image for whatever reason. You can fix this by following these steps:
- In Outlook (2010,13,16) open the File > Options.
- Select People or Contacts depending on your versio of Outlook.
- Enable the option on the right side that says “Show user photographs when available“.
- Click OK.
- Restart Outlook or Skype for Business.
You can also change this configuration by modifying your Group Policy settings .
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run box. This will open the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC).
- Under User Configuration > Administrative templates you will see Microsoft Office xxxx node. Where xxxx stands for 2016, 2013 or 2010.
- Navigate to Contact Card under this.
- On the right hand side pane, you will see the “Do not display photograph“.
- If it’s enabled, then that is the issue.
- Make it either disable or Not configured and click OK button.