Table of Contents
- Easiest Fix for Valorant Crashing:
- Fix-1 Update Graphic Card Driver:
- Fix-2 Update Your Windows:
- Fix-3 Reinstall Riot Vanguard:
- Fix-4 Run the Game on low Video Settings:
- Fix-5 Update your Build Specs:
- Fix-5 Update DirectX:
- Fix-6 Change the video Settings from Full Screen to Windowed Screen:
- Fix-7 Turn Vsync On/Off
- Fix-8 Set Game Performance to High:
- Fix-9 Activate your Windows:
- Fix-10 Cap your FPS:
Easiest Fix for Valorant Crashing:
Valorant is a first-person shooter game available to play on Microsoft windows. Valorant attracted many players from the gaming community. As the number of gamers increases for Valorant, high feedback is received regarding the game being crashed during gameplay. Today we will talk about the easiest way of fixing Valorant crashing. Follow the following steps one by one.
Fix-1 Update Graphic Card Driver:
In many cases, the Valorant game crash occurs due to old drivers of graphic cards that are not updated. To clarify, when you update your windows or game, the old version of drivers are not compatible with the current files of windows and game. In order to update your graphic card driver, follow the below-mentioned steps.
To update AMD graphics drivers, follow the below mentioned steps.
- Go to device managers by right-clicking on the Start button.
- Click on Display adapters,
- Once the display adapters tab expands, click on AMD video card Driver.
- Click on update driver and install the drivers.
To update Nividia graphic drivers, follow the following steps.
- Go to Nvidia GeForce Experience software.
- Once you open Nvidia GeForce Experience go to Drivers.
- On the top right corner, click on Check Updates.
- Click on desired driver type.
- Click download and then install the drivers.
Fix-2 Update Your Windows:
Updating windows is essential whether you face any problems or not. By updating windows, you can eradicate errors and vulnerabilities. If your Valorant is crashing, you may fix it by updating windows.
To update the window, follow the steps
- Go Start menu.
- Click on settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Update on the left side.
- There, you can check for updates and download.
- If you have any windows updates, download and install the update.
This may prevent Valorant from crashing. If the game still crashes, try other fixes that are following.
Read Also: Best Gaming Mice for Small Hands in 2022
Fix-3 Reinstall Riot Vanguard:
Riot Vanguard is an application, and just like steam, it is required to be running. At the same time, you are about to play as there is no way of verifying integrity cache or files you may need to reinstall the Riot Vanguard from the official website of Valorant. This will help you have a complete set of files without bugs, and it may resolve your problem.
Fix-4 Run the Game on low Video Settings:
While playing, your game may crash due to high video settings that are not compatible with your build. Subsequently, low FPS sometimes cause the game to crash. Consequently, you need to have a minimum FPS of 60 to run the game smoothly.
Fix-5 Update your Build Specs:
Every game requires a minimum specs build to run the game. If the build is good enough, it will run the game smoothly and swiftly without any interruptions. While on the other hand, you may face lag. The game is stuck and crashes. The minimum requirement for Valorant is following
|CPU||Core i3 370M|
|Operating System||Windows 7/8/10 (64 bit)|
|Graphic Card||GTX 1050ti|
|Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader||3.0 and 3.0 respectively|
The specs mentioned above are the minimum requirements to run Valorant. In addition, if you have better specs and still your game crashes, try the following tips and fixes.
Fix-5 Update DirectX:
While updating windows, DirectX is updated, but quite a few times, it is not. DirectX is a collection of programming applications that handle tasks related to multimedia and, more specifically, video and game programming. To run any game without interruptions, you need to update DirectX. It is recommended to use the latest version of DirectX 12 if your system supports it.
Following are steps to follow to know the current version of DirectX.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Search dxdiag.
- Click on dxdiag, a window will pop open.
- Click on the system tab on top. There you will see a list of features of your system.
- At the bottom, your DirectX version will be mentioned.
Fix-6 Change the video Settings from Full Screen to Windowed Screen:
You may change your settings from Fullscreen to Windowed screen with the due reason that your screen or your Graphic card may not support the current resolution. This may impact the gaming experience. To change the video settings, go to the video setting option and change Fullscreen to Windowed.
Fix-7 Turn Vsync On/Off
If you have a low spec build and your FPS fluctuates around 60, you need to turn Vsync on to lock your FPS at 60. While on the other hand, if you have a good spec build turn off the Vsync option in video settings to get maximum FPS.
Fix-8 Set Game Performance to High:
Before launching the game, make sure to end all the programs running in the background to increase the game process. You can also increase the game process manually by forcing your PC to focus mainly on the game when launched. You can do this by following the mentioned steps below.
- Open Task Manage that is by ALT+CTRL+DELETE keys.
- A new window will pop open.
- You will see tabs. Click on the Details tab.
- Look for Valorant.
- Right-click on the game, move the cursor on set priority and click High.
This will divert your PC attention to Valorant mainly when it is launched. Hence multiple cores work together to run the game smoothly, and the game will not crash.
Fix-9 Activate your Windows:
When your window is not activated, there are no updates, causing errors and vulnerabilities. You can easily update your windows by buying a Product key online, or you can find a crash product key for free once you have the product key follow the following steps to activate your windows.
- Go to the start menu.
- Click on settings.
- On the right bottom, click on Update & security.
- On the left side, you will see tabs. Click on Activation.
- Enter the product key and activate the windows.
Fix-10 Cap your FPS:
Players using the screen of 144hz or 60hz or any other screen can cap their in-game FPS according to their screen refresh rate. For instance, if your screen is 144hz, limit your in-game FPS to 144.5hz, same goes for other screens.
Moreover, if you are still facing a similar issue, you can try cleaning the dust from your PC, cleaning your fans, and installing RAMS in other slots available on the motherboard. I hope these would have helped you. If your game still crashes, contact Valorant support.