Table of Contents
- Why Is the Instagram Story Not Posting?
- Instagram Bug:
- Poor internet or no Wi-Fi connection:
- How To Fix The Instagram Story Not Posting Issue?
- Turn on the Internet or Switch to a better Network:
- Clear App cache & force close:
- Video on Instagram Story Not Posting- what to do:
- Logout of Instagram and then log in again:
- Alternative Methods:
- Third-party tool for posting stories:
- Switch to a Different Device:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
If you’re wondering how to fix the issue of Instagram Story not posting, you’ll need to check whether or not your device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi or data connection. If it’s not, connect your device to a stable internet connection to resolve the issue. It can occur from using the outdated version of the application. Check for Instagram updates from the Google Play Store and then update the Instagram application.
There are a few things you can do if an app is glitching. One is to clear the cache data, and another is to force-stop the app to restart it. If you’re having trouble uploading files, try logging out of the application and then logging back in. You can also reinstall the Instagram application after uninstalling it.
We, as Lastly, if this doesn’t help, you’ll need to reach out to Instagram Help Center about the issue and wait for them to get back with a solution. As an alternative to uploading stories, you can try the following: -Switching to a different device or web Instagram
Why Is the Instagram Story Not Posting?
There are the following reasons if the Instagram story is not posted:
It’s likely that you can’t upload stories to Instagram because you’re using an old version of the app. Outdated versions of Instagram often crash more and lack new features. To fix this, simply update Instagram to the latest version from either the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store.
The Instagram application can sometimes experience glitches, which may cause your Instagram story not to upload. This is usually due to problems on Instagram’s end, and there is nothing you can do about it except wait for it to be fixed.
Poor internet or no Wi-Fi connection:
When you’re having problems with Instagram, remember that you need a strong internet connection or a Wi-Fi network. If your device isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi network or has a poor data connection, Instagram will have difficulty working properly and won’t be able to upload stories.
How To Fix The Instagram Story Not Posting Issue?
Follow the below methods in order to fix the issue:
Related Article: How To See Who Viewed Instagram Highlights After 48 Hours
Turn on the Internet or Switch to a better Network:
Users on Instagram are facing frequent glitches where their stories won’t get uploaded to their Instagram profiles. However, many times, it’s only because they’re having a poor network connection. Your Instagram account needs a strong and reliable data connection to work properly. Make sure your device’s internet connection is turned on, and try switching to a stronger network if you’re having trouble.
Clear App cache & force close:
Another quick fix to your Instagram woes is by clearing the app’s cache data. If you’re struggling to upload content, it might be due to small glitches caused by a build-up of cache. Excess cache data can also interfere with how the app works. Therefore, you need to clear the application cache from the settings of your device and then force close the app to restart it again.
Steps To Follow:
- Open the Settings of your device.
- Click on the Apps & notifications
- Then click on App info.
- Next, you’ll need to scroll down the list of apps to find and click on Instagram. Then click on Internal Storage.
- You’ll get the Clear Cache Click on it. Then come back to the previous page and then click on FORCE STOP.
Video on Instagram Story Not Posting- what to do:
Logout of Instagram and then log in again:
Log out of your Instagram account if your story isn’t loading, then log back in to restart your session. If you’re experiencing minor glitches, logging out and then logging back in should fix the issue. However, make sure you have your login credentials handy before you log out.
Steps To Follow:
- Open the Instagram application.
- Go to your profile page by clicking on the profile picture icon.
- Next, click on the three lines
- Then click on Settings.
- Scroll down the page and click on the blue Log out
- Next, on the login page, enter the username and the password of your account to get into the account.
Follow these methods below:
Third-party tool for posting stories:
You can use the third-party tool Ai-Schedul to post stories on Instagram and avoid the issue of stories not uploading. Instagram applications often experience glitches, due to which errors in the process of uploading have become very common and frequent. Therefore, you can use the third-party tool name Ai-Schedul to upload stories. This tool can be used on a PC. It helps in avoiding uploading issues too.
Steps To Follow:
- You’ll need to sign up for your AiSchedul account for free.
- Signing up requires you to create your account using a Gmail address and a password.
- Step 3: After you get into the AiSchedul tool, click on the Add Instagram Account
- Next, from the account dashboard, you’ll need to choose your account.
- Step 5: Under the POSTS AND SCHEDULING tab of the tool, you’ll be able to see the Schedule
- Click on it and then click on Story.
- Upload the image or video that you want to post to your story.
- You can either schedule it for posting later or you can post immediately by checking the Post immediately Click on Schedule Story.
- You can use the editing tools to edit your story and then click on
Switch to a Different Device:
If your device is not compatible with the latest version of Instagram, it may fail to function properly. Old devices don’t support the latest version of Instagram which is why the uploading issues are mainly caused. In that case, you can either switch to a different mobile device or you
The best way to use Instagram is to go to www.instagram.com and login to your account. Check if the issue is fixed after you login.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can’t upload Instagram stories from the gallery – Fix
If you’re having trouble uploading Instagram Stories from your device’s Camera Roll, try clearing your Instagram app’s cache data and restarting the app. Accumulated cache data can interfere with the app’s functionality. Therefore, you’ll need to close the Instagram application and clear the cache data. After clearing the cache data, try to open the Instagram application and then log in to your account again. Try to upload the story once again and see if it works.
Instagram story upload failed Retry – Fix
If your Instagram story has failed to upload, you can get an error message telling you what went wrong. Just next to the error message, click on the three dots icon. First, save the picture if you don’t have it, then click on the Delete option to delete the failed story. Re-upload the story. Make sure you’re connected to a stable Wi-Fi or data connection while re-uploading.
Can I delete an Instagram story that’s stuck in the process of uploading
Instagram Stories that are in the process of uploading can’t be deleted directly. Wait for it to either fail or get uploaded. To delete, turn off the data connection or Wi-Fi on your device. Turning off the data connection will cause the story to fail to upload, with a red “couldn’t upload. Try again” message on the screen. Click the three dots icon next to it and click “Delete.” Confirm by clicking “Delete.” So, a story that’s stuck can only be deleted by restarting your data connection.