Table of Contents
Check whether your Instagram app is up to date or not to fix the Instagram tagging not working issue. Go to Play Store/App Store and on the search bar, type > Instagram and open it. Find out if there are any updates available or not. If yes, tap on the ‘Update’ button and update the app. Then you will be able to tag.
Both people you are trying to tag have not blocked you from their Instagram accounts and neither of them has been temporarily disabled from Instagram. If you own a private account, then your follow request has been accepted. Because you cannot tag people who have not accepted your follow request and have not allowed you to be involved in their Instagram world.
If you’re having trouble tagging on Instagram, even after checking and fixing everything, go to the Instagram Support Team and report the problem. Open Instagram and go to your profile page. On the top right corner, tap on the “Three horizontal” lines. Then, select > ‘Help’.
Why Is Instagram Tagging Not Working?
The issue of not being able to tag someone on posts on Instagram is a common one that has been reported by thousands of users. If you are not able to tag your friend or other people on Instagram, then this means there may be some problem with your Instagram app or with the user you are trying to tag.
Related Article: How To Fix If Instagram Not Showing Last Active
Don’t worry, every technical issue has a manual solution, which just needs to be learned and applied. So, here, let us first learn the reason and then apply the solution to the problem. The following can be the primary reasons for not being able to tag someone from your Instagram account:
Typing the username Wrongly:
If everything is alright, but you’re still not able to tag someone, that means you’re probably typing the username wrong. The wrong username won’t tag the person you’re trying to tag. So, first, go and see what the username of that person is, check the spelling, and watch out for special characters and numbers. Then come back and try again—it should work.
Space hogger It is important to tag someone when you are addressing them in a post so that they are notified. To tag someone, you must use the “@” symbol followed by their username with no space in between. For example, “@john_haven22”.
Now that we know the reasons someone can’t be tagged on Instagram, let’s move toward the solution.
How To Fix Instagram Tagging Not Working?
Following are the solutions to fix the Instagram tagging not working:
Update the Instagram app:
Problems arise when you haven’t updated the app and there is a new update. If you’re having trouble tagging someone on Instagram, check for updates and update the app if there is one available.
Steps To Follow:
- On your device, go to the Google Play store or the App store
- Tap on the search bar and type “Instagram”.
- Open it and see whether the “Update” button is displayed or not.
- If ‘Update’ is available, then update and go back and try tagging.
Video on How to Fix Instagram Tagging Not Working:
Report the problem:
Even though you have tried every possible measure, you are still having issues tagging someone. If this is the case, your last option is to request help from the Instagram Support team. You can do this by going to the “Report a problem” option in the app. There, you will need to provide a brief description of the issue you are having while tagging someone. The Instagram Support team will then get back to you with a solution within 24 to 48 hours.
Steps To Follow:
- Open your Instagram account and go to your ‘Profile page’.
- Click on the “Profile icon” on the bottom right corner of the home screen and you will reach the profile page.
- Over there, click on the ‘Three Horizontal” lines in the top right corner and select > “Settings”.
- Now, from the ‘Settings’ menu list, tap on “Help” and then, select > “Report a Problem”.
- Next, choose > ‘Report a problem.
- On the appeared page, briefly explain the issue and add the screenshot of the same. To add a screenshot, two options are given, select anyone and add.
- At last, click on > “Submit”, given in the top right corner.
Wait for some time, and Instagram will reply to you. Follow the instruction and your problem will be fixed.