If you’re not seeing Instagram Reels on your feed after the latest update, don’t fret – there are a few reasons why this could be happening. It could be that there are still some bugs in the app that need to be ironed out, or that the Instagram servers are down for maintenance. In either case, try restarting the app and checking again later to see if Reels have reappeared.
Another reason updates to the Reels option could be that it moves to a new place; you’d have to find it. To fix the issue, you should clear your cache files from your mobile storage. Go to Settings, open the Apps and select Instagram. Open Storage & cache and tap Clear cache to clear all the cache files. If your business account doesn’t have access to the Reels feature, you can switch your account to a personal account in the Instagram Settings from the Account section.
Why Reels Are Not Showing on My Instagram After the Update:
There are the following reasons:
Related Post: Why Can’t I Unread Messages on Instagram
Bugs in the App:
If Instagram Reels is not working for you, check back later. All servers have server issues from time to time, and Instagram is no exception. Many users see this server error message when they try to access the app’s features. Don’t worry, though. It’s only a temporary problem.
Check the official Instagram account on Twitter for any updates on app bugs or server issues. If you don’t come up with an idea, uninstall and reinstall the app. Go to your phone’s Settings, and from the Apps section, uninstall Instagram. After that, open your Google Play Store, search for Instagram, and install it again. In this way, the bug might be solved.
Option Moved Somewhere else in the App:
After updates to the app, Instagram Reels may be moved to a different location within the app. To find Reels, check in some places where they might be located.
Steps To Follow:
- After entering the home page, if you see the Reels icon at the bottom bar, then click on it and see if you can access it or not.
- From the bottom bar, tap the Search icon and check if you can see Instagram Reels next to the home icon.
- Go to your profile and click ‘Following’, then open any of your friends’ accounts and check if the Reels option is available next to the All-post option.
Video on How to Fix Instagram Reels Option Not Showing:
App not loading for Network issue:
One of the common reasons people are unable to access Instagram Reels is due to a network connection error. Social media platforms, such as Instagram, can consume a lot of data, so people cannot use these platforms for a long time if they are only using mobile data.
Hence, your entire data pack will be cleared. On the other hand, if the network connection in your area is not stable, you will also have this problem. Due to the slow internet connection, the app may not load all options during this time, which may show a blank white page if not loaded correctly.
How To Clear Cache If Reels Not Working on Instagram:
Sometimes, if you use an app for a long time without clearing the cache files, the app may glitch. Similarly, for Instagram, if you don’t clear the cache files, then a lot of cache files may be stored on your phone. To remove all of these cache files from your phone’s storage, which may solve your problem, you have to clear the app cache from your phone. This may fix your issue and allow you to see the Reels again on Instagram.
So, to fix this issue, reset your Instagram app cache from Android:
Steps To Follow:
- First, open the phone Settings, go to the ‘Apps & notifications’ section, and search for ‘Instagram’.
- You can also tap and hold on to the app for a few seconds, tap the pop-up ‘i’ icon, and go to the App info section.
- After entering this section, you can see the option ‘Storage & cache’.
- Open the section and tap on the ‘Clear cache’ option to clear all the cache files from your app.
- You can also tap on the option ‘Clear Data’, which will delete your whole account and the cache files, but in this case, you have to log in to your account using the same credentials.
To clear the Instagram app cache and fix this issue on iPhone:
Steps To Follow:
- First, open your iPhone Settings, scroll down, tap ‘General’, and then select the ‘iPhone Storage’ option.
- Here you can see all the apps, including Instagram. You can also see how much space the apps take.
- Open the Instagram app from here and click on the option ‘Offload App’ to clear all the app’s caches.
Fix Instagram Reels Not Working on A Business Account:
If you want to view Reels on your Instagram Business account, you will need to switch your account over to a personal account.
Switching your professional account to personal:
Steps To Follow:
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account, where first you will enter the Instagram homepage.
- Tap on your profile picture to enter your Instagram profile page.
- Click on the Three lines from the top left, and from the top of the options.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Select the ‘Account’ option.
- After entering the page, scroll down and see an option: ‘Switch account type’. Click on the option and tap ‘Switch to personal account’.
- Select this option again in the pop-up part and confirm your switching.
If you can’t see the Instagram Reels, it can be extremely frustrating. That’s why it’s important to know how to fix the issue so you can quickly watch them again.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.