Best Laptop for Digital Nomads It has enough power, memory, and storage to keep you productive when you’re traveling. This list has a computer for everyone whether you’re a digital nomad or not. There are a variety of laptops, desktops, and monitors that cover just about every price point.
These days you don’t need to buy a laptop just for your digital nomad lifestyle, whether you travel to a new location or simply move between different offices. It’s hard to know which laptop to buy. There are a lot of choices out there… And laptops are expensive, so you don’t want to spend more money than you have to.
Top 10 Best Laptops for Digital Nomads
- Apple MacBook Pro – Best processor for Game lovers
- MacBook Air – Probably the best laptop on our list
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Best in a budget laptop
- Acer Chromebook 15 – Long lasting battery life
- Dell XPS 13 – Best 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
- Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 – Best laptop with 360° hinge
- Acer Aspire 5 – It has a very unique design
- Asus ZenBook 13 – Best lightweight laptop
- Lenovo Ideapad – Best Premium Design Laptop
- Asus Vivobook – It has the best compact design
What is the Best Laptop for Digital Nomads Overall in 2023?
To help you pick the best digital nomad laptop, I’ve narrowed it down to the top 10 options to help you find the perfect travel companion. If you’re searching for the best laptop for digital nomads, this guide will help you choose. If you have any questions along the way, don’t hesitate to ask.
How to Choose the Best Laptop for Digital Nomads
If you’re looking for a laptop to take on the road and work while you travel, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind to ensure you get the best device for your use If you’re not sure, start by thinking about these three things before you click “Buy”.
Size & Weight
Whether you’re traveling with a backpack or in your car, your laptop needs to be light and mobile. That’s why it’s so important to find a travel-friendly laptop. I love having an electric bike that I can ride to work every day, but if it’s too heavy to carry around all day, I’ll stick to riding my regular bike.
We definitely don’t want that. To avoid this, be sure to check the size and weight of any models you’re considering. The perfect notebook will depend on where you use it, but if portability is essential, then the Asus Vivobook F510UA-AH51 is the best overall option. It’s small, light, comfortable to hold and has a good design.
As long as you make sure your smartphone meets the screen resolution for your camera, the iPad Mini is the perfect size to fit into your pocket and still provide you with the same type of viewing experience that you have on a laptop or desktop computer.
A laptop’s performance will be important to consider, as well as the screen size, display quality, keyboard, trackpad, memory, storage, processor, etc.These days, the two most important features for a laptop are the amount of RAM (random access memory) and hard drive space. The more RAM your computer has, the better.
RAM: The more RAM you have, the more data you can open in your computer at once.A good CPU, laptop or desktop, will allow you to edit your blogs, answer client emails, and create new Reels all at the same time. A lot of a laptop’s performance comes from the RAM or the random access memory (this is commonly denoted as just “memory”).The more RAM you have in your computer, the more space there is to store working data while doing anything you do.
Being a digital nomad means having to take care of your energy. Your mobile phone should have plenty of power for you to get through the day, without constantly needing to recharge. You can write your next article sitting by the beach, whether you’re in New York, Miami, or San Diego.
You don’t want to spend hours on end tweaking a spreadsheet so that it works the way you want. If your computer shuts down after just 20 minutes of work, you’re better off getting a new computer. If you want to maximize the battery life of your laptop, your best bet is to opt for a laptop with a large battery capacity.
You typically see storage space on a laptop denoted as SSD, which stands for “solid state drives. Your data is kept in a special folder, and you can access it at any time. If you’re a digital nomad working in the visual field, you’ll probably need a powerful laptop that has a large storage capacity to save your larger files without an issue.
The best SSD in this range would be an Intel 660p. It comes with 2TB of SSD storage that will let you store everything without stress. If you’re currently using cloud storage for files, though, you may not need the massive amount of SSD space.
The last thing to consider when you buy a digital nomad laptop is how much you want to spend on it.
If you want to go for the top model, expect to pay a pretty penny. You could do that, too, especially if you’re an absolute beginner. There are many budget options out there, and some of them are more viable than others. Prove that $C_b(M)$ is a topological vector space.
Whatever you will be using it for, it is important to choose a laptop that meets your needs. If you want to have the best computer and run as many programs as possible, prepare to spend more than $1,000 for it. So many people dream about traveling the world and having their own business. What do you have to lose? Why not give it a try and work from anywhere in the world? Just make sure you find a high-speed internet connection.
Top Best Laptops for Digital Nomads in 2023
The best laptops for digital nomads are the ones that work great for working out of the home, whether you use it for programming.
- STRIKINGLY THIN DESIGN — The redesigned MacBook Air is more portable than ever and weighs just 2.7 pounds. It’s the incredibly...
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — Get more done faster with a next-generation 8-core CPU, up to 10-core GPU and up to 24GB of unified memory.
- UP TO 18 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day and into the night, thanks to the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip.
- BIG, BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY — The 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display features over 500 nits of brightness, P3 wide color and support for...
- ADVANCED CAMERA AND AUDIO — Look sharp and sound great with a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, three-mic array and four-speaker sound...
- 13.3″ Retina display
- Up to 16GB unified memory
- Up to 2TB SSD
- Apple M1 Chip; 8-core CPU
- Up to 18 hours of battery life
- Touch ID & Force Touch trackpad
We knew the Macbook Air would top our list of best laptops for digital nomads as it’s a popular choice among this group of professionals. When it comes to a tablet, the iPad is the ultimate in light, portable technology. It’s a terrific tool for working, watching movies, playing games, and creating digital art.
They’re much more portable than desktop computers, so you don’t have to lug them around. This is great if you are frequently traveling and you’re on the road a lot. What’s good about MacBooks is they have powerful processors, great displays, and a plethora of storage capabilities.
It’s a very thin laptop which is perfect for travel. It has the new Magic Keyboard, and it can be folded up to be ultra portable. The bottom line is that this is an expensive laptop, but you get what you pay for. Mine lasted about 5 years before it died out on me. That was enough for me to justify the cost.
A versatile laptop is perfect for someone looking to take their career to the next level. It can come with them, anywhere they go, keeping them free of the need for a computer back home.
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — The 13-inch MacBook Pro laptop is a portable powerhouse. Get more done faster with a next-generation 8-core...
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day and into the night, thanks to the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip.
- SUSTAINED PERFORMANCE — Thanks to its active cooling system, the 13-inch MacBook Pro can sustain pro levels of performance, so...
- BRILLIANT DISPLAY — The 13.3-inch Retina display features 500 nits of brightness and P3 wide colour for vibrant images and...
- HD CAMERA AND STUDIO-QUALITY MICS — Look sharp and sound great with a FaceTime HD camera and three-mic array.
- 16″ Retina display
- Up to 16GB RAM
- Up to 1TB SSD
- 6-core 9th Gen Intel Core i7 processor w/ Turbo Boost
- Up to 11 hours battery life
- Touch Bar, Touch ID, six-speaker system
No matter what your needs, the Macbook Pro is always a great choice for anyone looking to go above and beyond with their tech. If you’re in need of a powerful workhorse, the 13-inch Macbook Pro is perfect. The Pro offers everything you’d expect from an Apple laptop, with the added bonus of an ultra powerful processor, plenty of RAM and all the usual bells and whistles.
I had to give up my Macbook Air, but now that I’m using a Pro, I couldn’t be happier with the decision. The iPad Air 2 is significantly thinner than the iPad Air 1. It weighs about a third less than the previous model, and it’s more compact too. As a result, it’s easier to stow away even in already crammed backpacks.
The best thing about the new MacBook Pro is that it’s all day battery life which makes it the perfect travel companion. A bonus is the new design and it’s sleek lines that makes it stand out from the crowd. With a fast charge and enough battery life, you’ll be able to work throughout the entire day without having to look for an outlet.1. Field of the Inventio The present invention relates to an image forming apparatus.
That said, even if you need to run lots of programs simultaneously, the Pro can handle this workload much better than other laptops that will eventually shut down and overheat.
The new MacBook Pro isn’t just powerful—it’s more capable than ever before. If you’re working with lots of video and/or photos you need to edit, the Macbook Pro is the best choice. And if you want to keep your computer safe from malware, it comes with the best security features.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play...
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory...
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All-day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80% in just over an hour
- 12.3″ Touchscreen
- Up to 16GB RAM
- Up to 512GB SSD
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5/i7 Processor
- Up to 10.5 hours battery life
- USB-C & USB-A ports
If you’re not a big fan of Apple products, or simply don’t want to spend over $1,000 for a new laptop, the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a worthy contender when it comes to the best laptop for digital nomads.
This super lightweight tablet/laptop hybrid will work well for versatile digital nomads who are looking for the benefits of having both of these products.
It’s fast, it’s reliable, and the touch screen is easy to use. But with all the benefits, this is no tablet. This is a laptop. If you are a digital artist or designer who uses a Windows device, the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a great choice. It’s a great device, but it does require you to use both its pen and touch interface to get things done.
The Surface Arc Mouse is great when you want to use it like a traditional computer. You can hook up the Arc Mouse, set up the kickstand, and run two programs side by side in a split screen.
Microsoft’s Surface Pro comes with an amazing 12.3” display that’s larger than most ultrabooks on the market. The tablet packs in enough memory to store your files, USB-C ports to connect all of your accessories and an HD webcam for video calling.
Acer Chromebook 15
- Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor 3205U (1.5GHz).Operating System:Chrome OS, Based on IEEE 802.11ac draft specifications. Actual...
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit Display
- 4GB DDR3L Memory, 16GB SSD
- Google Chrome Operating System
- Up to 9-hours Battery Life
- 15.6″ Full HD Touch Display
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB SSD + 100GB on Google Drive
- Intel Celeron N3350 Dual-Core Processor
- Up to 13 hours battery life
- 88° wide angle web cam + dual upward facing speakers
The Acer Chromebook 15 is the best budget laptop for digital nomads. It’s super light, packs in a powerful processor, and has loads of great features like Google Assistant, a touch screen, and an optional detachable keyboard. This is the best remote work tool for an engineer. This is a very heavy duty and well-built computer designed to enhance productivity, and it works with any wireless connection from up to 50 feet away.
This laptop is a great choice for business or pleasure. With a wide-angle display and top-facing speakers, it’s the perfect combination for watching movies, listening to music, and taking notes. The best laptop for you will depend on your own needs. Some people prefer the portability of a laptop; others prefer to work at home or on the go. You’ll want to consider all of these factors before you choose your perfect laptop.
If you need a computer that’s sturdy and has plenty of storage, but isn’t the heaviest or most expensive, this laptop might be for you. It’s easy to find in a backpack at any Best Buy location. It’s also quite slim and only 4 pounds, making it a very practical choice for frequent travel.
Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 Convertible
- Aspect Ratio:16:10
- Beautiful From Any Angle: The anti-reflective touchscreen combined with superior 450-nit brightness allows you to enjoy your...
- Breaking The Boundaries Of Performance: The speed and intelligence of an 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor and Intel Iris Xe...
- Stay Cool: The XPS 9310 convertible touchscreen laptop is built with GORE Thermal Insulation, which provides thermal conductivity...
- Our Smallest Webcam: The XPS 13 webcam delivers sharp video in all areas of the frame, while temporal noise reduction uses...
- 13.4″ InfinityEdge HDR display
- Up to 32GB RAM
- Up to 2TB SSD
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor
- Up to 10 hours battery life
- Variable torque hinge & durable design
If you’re looking for a laptop that can double as a tablet you can’t go wrong with this Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series 2-in-1. It’s loaded with the latest technology and offers great performance and dependable durability. When you’re a digital nomad, there are times when you need to be in the field and other times when you need a laptop with all the latest bells and whistles.
The most attractive thing about this laptop is its InfinityEdge HDR display, which allows you to work on the beach, in the park, or wherever else.I am a woman who has a problem. It is called IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
This is a touchscreen device that will come in handy for any graphic designers, visual artists, or anyone who likes to tap rather than click. To use this laptop in tablet mode, simply open the laptop and push it back on the torque hinges.
The best laptop for travelers is the Dell XPS because it’s crafted from a single piece of aluminum which makes it far more durable than laptops that have multiple parts.
It’s not the lightest notebook in the world, but it’s so good at multitasking that we think most people won’t care. This laptop packs a powerful Core i5 processor, 16GB of RAM and an extremely long-lasting battery.
Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5
- Thin, light, and stylish – This 2-in-1 laptop weighs just 3.64 pounds and is only 0.82" thick. It's soft and comfortable to the...
- The 10-point, 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen allows the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 laptop to be comfortable, fun, and...
- The 360⁰ hinge lets you use your 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop in whatever mode works best for you; Use it in 'Laptop' mode for...
- Enjoy up to 10 hours of battery life, plus quick charge to 80% in just 1 hour
- Powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, you have the performance to do more, from anywhere. With...
- 14″ FHD IPS Touchscreen
- 16GB RAM
- 256GB SSD
- AMD Ryzen 4500U processor
- Up to 10 hours battery life
- 360° hinge w/ Active Pen
The new 2-in-1 computer is a fraction of the cost of the previous listing and is made by Lenovo. This versatile laptop has a 360° hinge that lets you use the computer more as a traditional desktop, giving you more versatility and flexibility. It also has a touchscreen.
This would be really useful if you’re considering going the self-publishing route but aren’t sure which option is right for you yet. You’ll also get the world’s leading creative tool – the active pen. This is the perfect tool for all the artists out there. There are many options out there that will perform even better, so take a look at the specs before you buy.
And it’s even better with a 3D face scanning camera, a dual-speaker setup, and a super wide QHD display so you can share photos and videos with your friends. The built-in Alexa makes it easy to ask questions and get help with shopping, managing your Amazon account and more.
If you’re shopping for an entry-level laptop, check out this speedy model. It has everything you need and nothing you don’t. If you’re looking for something to do basic digital nomad work on, you’d best get this. It might not have all of the fancy stuff that some of its more expensive competitors offer, but it’s a reliable computer and it works.
Acer Aspire 5
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8265U Processor (Upto 3.9 gram Hz) | 8 GB DDR4 Memory | 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP...
- 802.11ac WiFi | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | Upto 9.5 Hours Battery Life
- 15.6″ Full HD widescreen IPS Display
- Up to 16GB RAM
- Up to 1TB SSD
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U processor
- Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- HD Webcam
This is a great laptop for digital nomads and anyone who wants to go off the grid, as it comes in 5 different colors, and has an Intel Core i7 processor, up to 16 GB of RAM and loads of storage space to work in. You can be highly effective when you work remotely if you master multitasking. This article covers it all.
There is no contest. The OLED display is better than anything else on the market and if you have a good pair of glasses, it might even be better than your phone’s display.
This is a good portable laptop that’s both powerful and easy to use. With a long battery life and a lightweight design, it makes it a worthy pick if you’re on a tight budget, but still want a powerful computer.
Asus ZenBook 13 Ultraslim
- Powerful & fast for effortless on-the-go computing: 8th generation Intel Core i7-8565U processor, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD & 16GB RAM
- Durable & reliable: meets the ultra-demanding MIL-STD-810G military standard for reliability and durability, undergoing a...
- Long battery life: powered by a high-capacity battery that won’t let you down
- Exclusive ErgoLift design: an engineering masterpiece designed to automatically tilt the keyboard to the most comfortable typing...
- Professional Grade: use Windows your way with Windows 10 Professional and hardware TPM security
- 13.3″ OLED Full HD Wide View NanoEdge display
- 16GB RAM
- 512GB SSD
- 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor
- 13+ hours battery life
- ErgoLift hinge & backlit keyboard
This tiny computer is the best laptop for digital nomads. It’s light and small, yet has a keyboard of sufficient size to provide a comfortable typing experience. Though the screen is a generous 14 inches, this is an incredibly lightweight laptop and is the perfect travel companion for your remote working adventures.
This laptop is powerful enough to run multiple tasks at once without crashing, and the 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor gives it the boost that you need to get through the day. You’ll love having a 4K display and 16 GB of RAM to save all of your photos and documents without having to worry about running out of space.
You’ll have to live outside of the U.S. for a while to get the most out of this keyword. This notebook comes with military grade durability, which means that you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged from the elements. This is the best laptop for anyone who wants a super lightweight and slim laptop that doesn’t compromise on quality. If you’re looking for an ultra-lightweight, powerful machine that will serve you well, look no further than the Dell XPS 13.
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics deliver powerful performance for everyday tasks
- Dopoundsy Audio delivers crystal-clear sound, while the 14-inch FHD screen and narrow side bezels give you more viewing area and...
- Quick and quiet with Q-control – Effortlessly swap between fast and powerful performance and quiet battery saving mode
- Connect with ease using Bluetooth 4.1, up to 2x2 Wi-Fi 5, three USB ports, and HDMI
- 17.3″ LED-backlit display
- 20GB RAM
- 512GB SSD
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor
- Up to 9 hours battery life
- USB-c, USB-a, & HDMI ports
Lenovo ThinkPads are king among the best laptops for digital nomads because they’re built to last. The new Ideapad line has a ton of tried-and-true features plus a couple of new bells and whistles that make this computer worth the buy. What about the iMac? If you’re looking for a computer with a 17.3” display, this is the best choice because the iMac is more than twice the size of the Macbook Pro.
This screen-saver will give your computer’s processor a break from all the work it has to do. If you use this for long periods of time, you could burn out the hard drive and have to buy a new one.
The Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition offers the best of both worlds: a 14″ display with great viewing angles, a quad-core Intel Atom x5-Z8700 processor, an excellent keyboard and a stylish design that’s perfect for a laptop.
- 15.6 inch full HD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Intel core i3-8145U processor (4M Cache, upto 3.9 GHz)
- 8GB RAM and 128GB M.2 SSD; Windows 10 in S mode (switchable to windows 10 home)
- Ergonomic backlit chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows hello.Bluetooth 4.1
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
- 15.6″ Full HD anti-glare display
- Up to 20GB RAM
- Up to 1TB HDD + 1TB SSD
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor
- 15+ hours battery life
- Stereo speakers & built in webcam
This laptop is compact, it has all the bells and whistles, but it’s also lightweight so it’s easy to carry around. It’s perfect for someone who works remotely, so it’s great for people like me who work as a digital nomad. The tablet is so small, lightweight and thin it feels like it’s actually just sitting in my hand. It’s so small and light, I don’t notice I’m carrying around such a big thing!
You’ll never need to lug around your laptop again! This handy little travel bag has it all; a padded sleeve for your laptop (or tablet), a compartment for your charger, a magnetic strip on the top to secure your phone, and a built-in stand for your tablet.
This is one of the best laptops out there for any blogger. It has a 4-way NanoEdge display with an HD camera, all the ports you could need, and an ErgonomicLife hinge which basically tilts the keyboard to give you a more comfortable position while typing.
The keyboard is backlit and designed for the most optimized typing experience possible. With a key dish design, it’s the ultimate typing machine. And the Asus Vivobook has a built-in fingerprint scanner on the touchpad for unlocking the laptop or filling in passwords, making it the perfect companion for any digital nomad. It has a powerful Quad Core processor, plenty of RAM and storage, and a set of features that makes it unique, perfect for anyone who travels frequently.
As a digital nomad, your life is no longer lonely, isolated or disconnected. It can be a really fun and rewarding experience, even if you only do it for a few weeks. If you’re looking for a laptop that will work great for your travel needs, the Dell XPS 13 and the MacBook Air are both great choices.
The new XPS 13 is a little smaller and more portable than the MacBook Air, making it a better choice for people who need a laptop that’s easier to fit into their lives. If you’re looking for a lightweight and mobile computing device with a sleek design, the Surface Go is an excellent choice. It has a high-quality display and a higher-quality display, which means it’s more suitable for work than the iPad.
Whatever laptop you pick, make sure it has all the features you need to get your work done while on the go. We know that many of you are using our recommendations as the base of your own research, so here’s the list of the best laptops for digital nomads to read the reviews.
We hope this article will help you narrow down your choices and find the perfect laptop for your needs. Find the best laptop for you, no matter what it is. Look for a model that’s best for your lifestyle and is good for getting things done.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.