Are you looking for the Best Macro Lens For Canon 80D? There are a lot of great lenses out there and we’ve included five of our favorites below. In addition to the Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Macro, we also like (in no particular order.
You won’t believe what you can do with the Canon EOS 80D! The stunning and crystal clear photos that can be captured offer endless possibilities for a variety of different settings.
That DSLR camera is a perfect go-to for hobbyists and professional photographers alike, because it can be used in different kinds of photography settings.
10 Best Macro Lens For Canon 80D 2022
Our Top Pick Macro Canon Lens : Sigma 35mm f/1.4
With a fixed focal length of 50mm and an aperture of 2.8, this lens is incredibly useful for shooting great looking photos by ensuring a shallow depth of field – especially indoors, or when you want to put your subject in sharp focus while leaving the background out of focus.
However, it is not impervious to dust or water. It isn’t faster than certain Best lens for Canon 80D filmmaking, but isn’t as fast as faster lenses either. I was disappointed by a variety of focus disadvantages and delayed focus in limited lighting when I used the camera in real world situations.
The Sigma 35 mm 1:1.4, DG A lens produces an image with a lot of contrast and outstandingly nice bokeh. You can easily create a remarkably sharp image simply by using the F/1.4 aperture, which means light enters the camera unusually quickly and is recorded on the sensor with shallow depth of field.
i.e., only what you focus on will be in focus with everything else blurry and out of focus. The focal length is great for shooting at arm’s length without any nose-to-the-lens issues that arise when photographing close up faces (read close enough to have to move in quite far).
Additionally, it’s worth noting that if you are looking for a Best lens for Canon 80D photography lens, this is perhaps one of the very best choices to go with because of all the above aspects.
- Wide-angle wide-speed camera having high-speed recording capabilities
- Poor depth of field
- High-quality construction
- A little footprint
- Mistakes in focusing can occur
- A sluggish attention spans
Runner Up Pick Lens For Canon 80D : Canon 70-300 mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Canon EOS SLR cameras
- 3-stop Image Stabilizer for reducing camera shake; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM), Macro Focus Range : 1.50 m
- Electro-magnetic diaphragm (EMD) helps create attractive background at large apertures
- Super Spectra lens coating and lens element shaping suppresses flare and ghosting,Filter Thread: 58 mm
- Suitable for Nature/concert/potrait and close up/product photography. Measures 3 inches in diameter and 5.6 inches long; weighs...
This is one of the most exceptional models of Best lens for Canon 80D landscape- one that is known for its versatile, broad-ranging zoom and high-quality ones. It’s possible to get away with shooting at a wide aperture by using f/8 settings to improve sharpness in many situations.
Moreover, the Zoom lens is particularly good in situations that change rapidly and presents a stunning autofocus in action. I particularly like to use this lens for sports games or when shooting reports. In short, I’m perfectly content with the performance of the Zoom lens on my Canon 80D.
Three things happen in the process of optical exposure. The stabilizer does all three. The first thing that happens is that light comes through the lens, or simply passes into your camera’s lens.
Secondly, the stabiliser helps with focusing by acting like a small net, only it is made of material similar to fishnet stockings rather than strands of metal as you might find in from some sort of fish trap.
And thirdly, once light has finished coming into the lens and focusing, it travels through its many transparencies until hitting either the film or another digital source within your camera.
The stabilizer ensures that your video will be of the highest quality, while the telephoto properties make it a versatile lens. You can capture those otherwise tricky spontaneous shots without getting too awkward and violating personal space (also important when you’re at a wedding.
- Low degree of vignette
- Even if sunlight falls on the front lens, the camera still provides excellent contrast.
- Autofocus is a little sluggish at times.
- Optical image stabilizer that works well
- The long zoom’s granularity diminishes when the aperture is opened.
- Inadequate protection from flares
- Background blurring that’s a little too harsh
Editor Choice Best Canon Macro Lens : Sigma 10-20 mm f/3.5
Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM ELD SLD Aspherical Super Wide Angle Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Ultra wide-angle of view with large maximum aperture of F3.5
- Sharp images with high contrast and superior peripheral brightness
- Super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensuring silent, high-speed AF. Nikon mount built in motor lens: compatible with D40, D40x, D60, D3000,...
- Aspherical lenses perfectly correct coma aberration.Corresponding Mounts:Nikon HSM,EX,DC
This Best lens for Canon 80D portrait is based on a fast wide-angle zoom designed for APS-C format digital SLRs and has a 10-20 mm zoom range. It features an F3.5 aperture throughout its entire zoom range, allowing it to perform well in low light as compared to models with only F5.6 or slower.
Its incredible easy to use even for nontechie novice users in very low light situations and constant aperture ratio can be in handy at times.
Some details of the cameras used in the study were included for reference and for clarification. Soft lenses were used to create group photos, with details about distance between subjects, as well as aperture and size of subjects.
The hard lens created landscape-style photos, with information about distance from the camera, as well as aperture and size of subjects.
From these examples (figure 10), it is clear that there are many factors that influence exposure settings when taking pictures on hard or soft lenses.
It may provide stunning nightscapes in the hands of an experienced photographer. If you’re buying a lens, it’s important to check if it’s compatible with your camera and not just assume because they’re both made by the same company.
I used this lens on my Canon EOS 80D camera to take a photo that was later printed on Premium Luster Photo Paper at Staples.
- Ergonomics that work
- Exceptional bokeh
- The focus ring is a breeze to operate.
- A speedy and quiet AF
- Filter threads with a large diameter
- In low light, focus lags.
Best Seller Canon Macro Lens : Canon 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
C anon Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 is USM (Japan Import-No Warranty), Black (1276C005)
- Versatile focal range to capture a wide range of subjects
- Nano USM for fast AF for photos and smooth, quiet movie AF. Angle of view: 64° 30' - 9° 30', 45° 30' - 6° 20', 74° 20' -11°...
- Pin sharp photos with 4-stop Optical Image Stabilizer. Filter diameter(mm): 67
- Record rock steady movie footage with Dynamic IS
- Compact, high performance lens with optional power zoom accessory. Magnification 0.28
If you’re looking to canon cameras, this lens is a great choice too. It’s costs less and allows you 50mm focal length with a 35mm full-frame camera. Since I started using it, it has enhanced my travel photography and filming experience in ways that have made me very grateful.
The background was to make a 1000w cinema projector on the cheap with standard commercial available parts.
Additionally, the PZ-E1 servo unit adapter can be connected, which is a handy feature. The four exposure steps that were declared are quite handy for hand-held photography. In terms of sharpness for a zoom lens with an open aperture, this Canon 80D lens is quite impressive.
Chromatic aberration and flare are kept to a minimum. Contrast is reduced when taking pictures at the widest angle of the lens and shooting against backlight will bring about an artistic effect. Purposeful blurring of the background brings out your subject in this photo, along with providing a dreamy feel.
- Zoom range that’s easy to work with
- Nano USM autofocus that is quick and smooth
- Stabilizer for digital cameras that works
- In addition, the autofocus distance is very small
- Button layouts that are difficult to operate.
- The loss of clarity at the edge of the frame when the aperture is wide open.
- There are times when bokeh is sharp and other times when it is not
Customer Pick Great Macro Lens : Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS STM
- High magnification, compact and lightweight EF-S telephoto zoom lens with Image Stabilization for up to 3.5 equivalent stops of...
- One UD lens element reduces chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range, for excellent image quality with high resolution and...
- New six-group zoom system provides a compact design while achieving a maximum magnification of 0.29x at the telephoto end.
- Minimum focusing distance: 2.79 feet; 0.85 meter (full zoom range).
- Kit Inlcudes lens, lens cap E-58II, lens dust cap E, instruction book, warranty card
It’s a gift to photographers everywhere that Canon has released this low-cost wildlife lens. My favorite photography focal length for capturing those once in a lifetime vacations and events is 105mm.
I captured this photo at the wedding with my favorite wide angle filmmaking lens from above by holding a camera out over the banister. When I shot the image, my breathing was captured as well which naturally gave the image more life and energy.
A lot of the projects we take on require us to meet deadlines, so speed is generally a priority for us. A lens that can perform well at its maximum and that’s also still very speedy even when zoomed in to 250mm is incredibly valuable to have on hand.
This lens was even able to keep up with some of our customers’ favorite 70-300mm models already on the market, giving us yet another tool in our kit that can help us get jobs done quickly and competently.
When looking for a lens for my Canon 80D lenses for video, I found it easy to pick the EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens – for more than one reason. Initial tests showed that the program worked just fine and without lagging behind like there was with my previous 18-200mm lens from Canon.
Moreover, I could tell by looking at it that this is a strong and reliable piece of hardware. The quality of photos taken with it has been great as well, perfect especially when they needed to be sharpened in post processing work later on due to bad lighting conditions or when distractions had to be eliminated during such instances.
- The ability to focus on the outdoors is convenient.
- Sturdy design and building
- 99 percent accuracy in autofocus
- For plastic lenses, there are two options
Best Macro Lens For Canon : Canon 24mm f/2.8 STM
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
This small lens is ideal for taking portraits while on the road or in the great outdoors. The first thing you’ll notice about it is that it’s so lightweight and thin. Weighing just 2.75 inches thick and with a weight under 5 ounces, this is one of the thinnest lenses that Canon offers for 80D cameras.
Outdoor photographers seeking to get a broader view of the landscape in front of them will appreciate how well this lens blends into the background. This lens is useful for those who are trying to create photographs that are more difficult to discern than with other lenses.
The STM makes the autofocus quicker and quieter compared to using other lenses whose focusing mechanism relies on an ultrasonic motor or USM for short. This lens is compact but it’s also durable and has amazing texture to allow you to capture details from far away.
The hues are rich and natural-looking. This lens has been a pleasure to use in my photography. To my surprise, I found that the 24mm pancake lens design is excellent, resulting in sharp and accurate photos at all apertures.
- STM focusing in the dark
- Excellent clarity, even at wide-open apertures
- Properly sized lens
- Vibrant image in front of an open doorway
- There are times when autofocus doesn’t work as expected
Best Macro Lens For Canon 80D : Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5...
One of the most important aspects of a novice photographer playing with their Canon 80D camera is to be able to learn composition.
Composition involves the artful arrangement and framing of various objects that are within a given scene. It helps improve one’s perspective and editing capabilities if they plan on doing any postproduction.
A small amount of contaminants are allowed at f/4, but they will not affect the quality of your product. Just like a step motor drive that helps you position the mirror, this lens contains smooth autofocus and will not affect recording any video.
Although the focus ring has been replaced with a digital one, it is just as easy to use on this camera as it would be on any other machine. Bokeh is perhaps one of the most well-known concepts in photography. When used right, this lens can take high-quality photographs during both daytime and nighttime hours.
- Accurate and quick autofocus
- To capture high-quality video, it is important to have a smooth autofocus system.
- Excellent clarity, even at wide-open apertures
- Impressive backlighting
- Autofocus is quiet but not completely silent.
- At a wide-open aperture, spherical aberration
- Up to f/2.8, there is noticeable vignetting
Defined bokeh with piercing glare
Canon EOS 80D Macro Lens : Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras, Lens Only
- 17-55mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon DSLR cameras
- AD and aspherical elements deliver impressive image quality through entire zoom range, Closest focusing distance : 1.15 feet
- Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate for image shake even in dim lighting
- Large circular aperture produces shallow depth of field; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM)
- Measures 3.3 inches in diameter and 4.4 inches long; weighs 22.8 ounces; 1-year warranty
This is an excellent APS-C zoom lens with a large maximum aperture. Canon’s 80D lenses, in my opinion, were designed with landscape photographers in mind.
The f/2.8 lens speed and optical stabilizer let it generate high-definition photographs, stunning artistic bokeh, and confident low-light photography.
Fast, quiet autofocus with no shutter lag has really let me down while using this lens on my Canon 80D. I bring this lens everywhere – it’s great for travel photos and also doing some portrait photography.
The focusing group of lenses is moved at rapid speed and stopped precisely when it reaches the appropriate focus point by a motor with continuous torque.
An accurate focus can be achieved right away because of this method. It is also possible to use the camera’s manual focus mode. If you don’t want to go out of autofocus mode, all you have to do is turn the focus ring.
- Excellent clarity at wide-open apertures
- A low degree of chromatic aberration
- Autofocus is fast and quiet.
- A powerful image stabilization tool
- Possible backlight glare
- When the lens is wide open, sharpness suffers.
- No safeguards against dust and moisture are in place
class=”i2-pros-cons-icons i2-pros-cons-main-wrapper theme-i2pc-theme-1000 no-title no-button no-space-between-column no-outer-border no-round-corner no-heading-icon”>
Top Macro Lens For Canon 80D : Canon EF-S 10-18mm
In terms of Canon 80D photography, this is one of the greatest lenses that can be used for both still photography and videography.
This wide angle zoom lens has a very reasonable price as well as new technology (such as the silent STM drive) that come together beautifully in this little package. The ultra-wide field of view makes it possible to capture more fine details.
One of the best things about Canon’s 80-D is the ultra wide lens. While it’s not the cheapest Canon camera, it does include some high quality features like a silent STM drive as well as new technology that combine with one another beautifully in this little package.
It’s also highly capable at capturing light, making it possible to see finer details than in pictures taken with other cameras – especially for newcomers or amateurs who want to take photos or videos of nature or panoramas.
The wide-angle end of the lens shows only a slight deviation from the ideal focal curve; this shouldn’t pose much difficulty when shooting scenery.
Although our object here was to evaluate wide-angle performance, we decided to test out the full range of options by also examining shots taken at 2.8 and 4.5 at 10 mm (50 mm equivalent). While the geometric distortion is still strong even with these settings, image quality is still sharp.
In addition, this lens with a 10 mm focal length allows you to capture everything you want and fit it into the picture. I enjoy using it to capture architectural subjects.
you can get as close as necessary to objects without having to use a DSLR tripod. It works perfectly in the backlight. The images are rich in color, sharp, and detailed and the focus is soft and fluid.
- The ability to focus quickly and quietly
- Stabilizer for images
- Small size and lightweight
- Superb sharpness with a wide-open f-number
- At wide-angle, there is a noticeable vignetting
- Minimal wide-angle distortions in geometry
Best Canon Macro Lens : Canon EF-S 15-85mm
Canon has announced what it calls the most advanced digital SLR lens ever: a new addition to its ultra-fast, compact EF-S family of lenses. The new EF-S 24mm f/2.8 IS STM lens is EOS first such model to feature built-in image stabilisation and a silent motor hybrid AF system for smooth, quiet autofocus action.
I took a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains recently and wanted to capture some of the beautiful views I saw. I went out and purchased an EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens because it’s known for its wide angle capabilities and high quality results, allowing me to fit more into each frame while hiking on the trails.
I couldn’t find any downsides from this lens – image quality is great, focus is spot-on, and I really enjoy using it.
As a bonus, it can be used for a variety of settings. Built-in image stabilization in the Canon 80D 18-135mm lens reduces the amount of blur caused by camera shakes when shooting at higher zoom settings.
The AF is capable of tracking moving objects and combined with the low-light optimized f/4 aperture and ISO range of 3200, you will be able to capture clear images even in poorly lit conditions .
Can you imagine what pictures would look like if the surfaces of your photographs were constantly wiggling and warping around? One way to avoid this from happening is by taking a four-step photo stabilizer – like this one here. This device uses wires to connect it to a tripod and keeps the camera safe from shocks, twists and jolts.
- Good focus on apertures between 5 and 8 millimeters
- Excellent field of view
- Rapid autofocus in every lighting condition
- The ability to quickly and silently focus
- Are still missing and presumed dead
These are the best Canon macro lenses that cover most of the focal ranges, such as the 100mm macro lens, which will be more than enough to suit your desired results.
The Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM provides creative possibilities for photographers and close-up imagers who want a high level of quality and versatility in a single lens.
For this reason and if you have the money in your budget we strongly suggest choosing between the top 3 rated lenses on our list: 1, 2 or 3 but only if you have above $1000 to spend.
Otherwise there are cheaper alternatives available on our list which are also very good at their price range, such as 4 through 10 but they all provide fairly similar results so choosing one over another is mostly down to taste and budget constraints.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Canon 80D a decent choice for close-up work?
Because the 80d’s dynamic range is so good, even slight different factors affecting it aren’t a problem when shooting in raw. The camera comes with several different lenses that you can use to shoot pictures with. You may notice that there are two kits available for purchase (at time of writing).
Both come with small and large prime lenses, as well as zoom lenses – making it easy to capture images from varying distances from your subject.
What is the greatest macro lens for taking photos?
Macro photography is best done with a 50 mm lens. However, there are several limitations to using macro lenses of this type. Due to its 2:1 aspect ratio 50mm lenses tend to distort subjects and need shooting from considerably closer distances. However, if you’re looking for a general-purpose zoom lens, a 50mm model is a must-have.
Is the 80D a good camera?
Costing $1000, the 80D is a relatively good value compared to other cameras in its class. In addition, advanced photographers who use Canon equipment might find it useful as a backup choice.
Is Super macro lenses are used to get extremely close to the subject?
Super macro or super telephoto lenses magnify your subjects 2.3 times when you’re taking photos of small subjects that are a long distance away.
The DC2000 allows you to take beautiful close-ups by letting your camera focus on your subject from as far away as 3.5″ (9cm). This lets you capture even more of the finer details that make up your cherished photo memories.
Last update on 2022-06-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API