There are more than enough reasons why you might want to block someone from calling your iPhone. Some people want to block spam calls, others might want to block an ex-partner or ex-friend. No matter the reason, it’s easy to do.
Blocking a number stops that number from being able to contact you in any way – no calls, no FaceTimes, and no texts. If they try to call you after they’ve been blocked, it’ll go straight to voicemail, and if they try to text, it’ll look like it was delivered even though you’ll never actually receive the message. How to Block a Number on Your iPhone Even though someone calling from a blocked number can still leave you a voicemail, the message will be moved to a blocked messages section where you can choose whether or not to listen to it.
How to block a number using the Phone appTap
- Open the phone app.
- Then Tap on Recent.
- Now Locate the number you want to block and tap the I inside a circle to the right of the number.
- Then Scroll to the bottom of the page on the next screen and tap Block this Caller, which is highlighted in red.
- After you tap to block, the number will no longer be able to call or message you.
How to block a number in the Messages app
- Open the text from the person you want to block.
- Then tap the sender’s number at the top center of the conversation.
- On the next page, tap on Info.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Block this Caller.