Turn off android phone without power button, nobody needs an explanation in order to learn how one can turn a phone on or off.
However, if the power button or the screen of your device is broken, you might find yourself looking for a guide like this.
In this tutorial, we’re exploring all possible ways to switch on and switch off an Android phone or tablet without the power button or volume buttons.
If you want to just wake up your phone’s screen but get it to sleep without the power button, Turn off android phone without power button read my other tutorial – How do You Wake up Your Phone’s Screen?
Turn off android phone without power button
If you have accidentally dropped your phone, overused it, mishandled it and so on; this article will help you find a solution to the power button of your phone getting broken which is something that commonly occurs in smartphones today.
- SSD VS HDD Boot Time – Benchmarks
- Fix BOOTMGR is Missing Error During or After Windows 7 Install
- 6 Benefits of LinkedIn Premium Business Plan in India
As soon as you notice the issue, try to not use your smartphone and in case it already doesn’t work properly visit a service center to get things fixed.
Alternatively, Turn off android phone without power button you will find useful tips below on how to turn off an Android device if its power button has stopped working starting with Samsung devices.
Turn Off Phone without Power Button
There are several methods to turn off an Android device if the physical power button is not functioning. This method will also work for restarting a phone or tablet with a non-functioning unit or volume keys.
- Using an ADB command
- Via Android Accessibility Menu
- Using a reboot app
- Via Quick Settings menu (Samsung devices)
ADB Command to Turn Off Phone
Turn off android phone without power button, it may not be ideal, but there are ways to switch on and off an Android device if the power or home button is broken.
Although it isn’t easy to access these modes, there is a way through the system’s command line interface by issuing ADB commands or executing scripts.
While rebooting into these modes is only temporary, since the device will restart once you hold down power and volume keys, you can determine whether it’s necessary to replace the display or power button by turning off your phone or tablet from within System Mode.
Whether or not you feel ready to take on the challenges that await in the future, Turn off android phone without power button you should follow a few simple steps as an Android user to get prepared for your device’s technical challenges.
When you are using ADB commands (Android Debug Bridge) to switch off your Android device, you’ll need a laptop or PC. Another thing that you’ll need?
The USB debugging turned on in order to run those commands from another computer. Turn off android phone without power button Now, we can finally see how to switch off an Android phone without the Power button and volume button:
- Download the latest Android SDK Platform-tools for Windows, or set up ADB and Fast-boot on macOS.
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device if you don’t have it enabled already. You might not be able to do this if your phone’s touch screen is not working.
- Launch the Windows Command Prompt or Mac Terminal.
- Connect your device to your computer via a compatible USB cable.
- Issue the following command to ensure that your phone and computer are connected properly.
adb devices (on Windows)
./adb devices (on Mac)
- Now, execute the following ADB command to turn off your Android phone. Here, ‘p‘ stands for ‘power off’.
adb shell reboot -p
- Your Android device will power off without using the Power button.
- In case you just want to restart your phone without using the power button, you can use the following command.
Turn off android phone without power button, the ADB method allows you to switch off your smartphone when the touch screen is not working.
ADB Command to Power Off Android via Power Menu
We’ve all been in tricky situations that have required us to use a workaround or two. You can employ ADB shell commands to trigger the long-press Power menu on your Android Phone.
This action will start an app from a list of recent apps and allow you to swipe it away immediately, even if it wasn’t recently used.
When you are ready to install an app on your phone via PowerShell, Turn off android phone without power button make sure the cmd.exe window that is open is connected to your device first. To ensure this happens, enter the following command:
adb shell input keyevent 5 sleep 5
This will enable you to open the Android settings and then choose Power Off or Reboot.
Power Off Android via Accessibility Menu
All Android devices come with an Accessibility setting that caters exactly to those who have trouble seeing or hearing.
If a person is physically impaired, they can use the accessibility features to see things bigger on their device or to hear the Alexa virtual assistant’s responses louder.
They can use Talkback and the Accessibility menu. The Accessibility menu in fact comes with 10 shortcuts that users can readily tap whenever they want.
Those functions include launching Google Assistant, Turn off android phone without power button accessing Power Menu, taking screenshots and more.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to turn off an Android phone or tablet without the Power button via its Accessibility features.
- Open Settings on your Android device and tap on Accessibility. On the devices from Chinese OEMs like Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, OnePlus, Realme, Huawei, etc., you’ll find Accessibility under Additional settings.
- If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone or Tab, select Interaction and dexterity and tap on the toggle icon in front of the Assistant menu. A floating icon for the Assistant menu will appear on the screen as shown below. If you find that floating icon irritating, you can change its size, appearance location, etc. by tapping on the Assistant menu option.
- Just tap on the floating Assistant menu icon to access the Power off menu. You can now turn off your Samsung Galaxy device without using the Power button.
- If you have a phone from Xiaomi, Redmi, Vivo, Oppo, OnePlus, Realme, or Huawei, you are supposed to enable the Accessibility menu from Accessibility. As soon as you enable it, the Accessibility menu icon will appear on the navigation bar. Just tap it to access the option to Power off your phone without using the Power button.
Turn off Android Phone Using Apps
The Google Play Store is chock-full of apps. Turn off android phone without power button You’ll be astonished to see the options available to shut down an Android phone with a non-functioning Power button.
All of these apps are asking for either Accessibility permission or pre-installing themselves as System Apps without your consent, offering similar ways of action like what you would find on an Android device via the Accessibility feature.
What apps can be used to turn off Android devices? The answer to this question is a little lengthier than expected as there are various ways to approach it.
I’m going to list some Android devices and after that include a list of android apps that can enable you to sort out any problem.
Phone Lock + Volume Control (OFF+)
Phone Lock + resembles the way that a no-UI smartphone app looks and works. Although the app does have an interface and you don’t need ROOT permissions in order to use it, Phone Lock + is still minimalistic and sleek.
After you download & install the Phone Lock app, you can begin to personalize the device security settings. First, launch the app from your app drawer to access the two lock modes available:
Lock when screen is off and Lock when screen is on. Turn off android phone without power button Now make your selection & press Continue.
Then tap Yes or Grant when prompted for Accessibility permission to continue.
You can now disable or reboot your device by simply tapping & holding the Phone Lock icon which acts as a shortcut from your home-screen. Also note that if needed you can toggle Auto-Lock on or off using this feature, but it requires a phone restart.
Power Menu: Software Power Button
Power Menu is another simple app that lets you launch the Power Menu with a single tap without holding the Power button.
When it asks you to grant Accessibility permission at first run, make sure to accept because it will really help you save some time using this app.
Assistive Touch for Android
Many users prefer to have the power menu accessible at all times so they don’t have to fumble around their screen just to access it.
Luckily, Turn off android phone without power button Android has a nifty little feature called Assistive Touch that does just that.
Power users report that this little tool is invaluable when accessing many of their favorite functions and also for safeguarding against some accidental button presses as well.
Just tap on the floating touch logo to turn off your Android phone or tablet if the Power button doesn’t seem to be working for some reason.
We know that the app has too many irritating ads, and this will not change at all, Turn off android phone without power button but you will find that eventually you become used to them and won’t pay so much attention to them after a while.
Turn off Phone via Quick Settings (Samsung)
With older Samsung devices, even the Power Menu icon was not accessible from the Quick Settings menu. However, this is not the case with phones like Galaxy Note 10 and Note 20 or any device released in 2019 or later.
These new software versions have a handy shortcut available on their Quick Settings screen that opens up the Power Menu instantly. Phones such as Galaxy S10, S20, A70 and A51 can be used as an example of this new feature.
In order to turn off android phone without power button, you can take advantage of the Power Menu to shut down your Samsung Galaxy device without using the Power button.
Turn off Samsung Device via Bixby
In case you need to turn off android phone without power button, users of the Samsung Galaxy phone can turn off their phones using a Bixby voice command.
This is different than Google Assistant commands as none of the ways mentioned in the article seem to be working for any other devices to turn off a phone other than just turning it off manually with the power button.
Bixby has a new feature that lets you turn your phone off via voice command. Here is how to take advantage of this awesome new assistant feature: Launch Bixby and say, “Turn off the phone.”
Schedule Power Off Time via Android Settings
Turn off android phone without power button, another way to schedule your Android phone to switch off a few minutes before the end of the day is by doing so through your device settings.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Tap the Search icon or bar on the settings menu page and type “schedule” in it.
- You’ll get a list of items that can be scheduled. Tap on Schedule power on/off.
- On the next page, you can set the time when you want to power on or off your Android device automatically without using the Power key.
That’s all for now about turning off an Android device when the power button is broken, Turn off android phone without power button the screen is black and touch does not work.
I have shared some important tips that will allow you to restart your phone where you don’t have a power button option. If you feel like I have forgotten any working technique, Turn off android phone without power button please share those in the comments section below.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.