In this post we’ll show you How to add Strikethrough to Text in Outlook for desktop and web. As with every other Office 365 app, Outlook has a single/double strikethrough feature. When we think of strikethrough, we usually think of Excel or Word. However, the feature is also available in Outlook. So, if you want to draw a line through text in your email message, this is the best way to do it.
How to add Strikethrough to Text in Outlook
Outlook comes with a simple strikethrough feature, as well as a double strikethrough option. However, it’s worth noting that Outlook on the web only supports simple strikethrough at the moment. As for the mobile version of Outlook, the strikethrough feature isn’t supported across the board. This may change in the future, but as of right now, it hasn’t.
Related Post: Outlook closes automatically immediately after opening
How to add single Strikethrough in the Outlook desktop app
Adding a strikethrough on the Outlook desktop app is simple. Let’s talk about how to do it.
- Open Outlook right away.
- Compose a new email or reply to an email.
- I’d like to add a single strikethrough to the text.
- Highlight the added text.
- The Original After highlighting, click on the Format Text tab.
- From the Font category, select the strikethrough icon.
Now your preferred text will have the strikethrough effect added to it.
How to add double Strikethrough in the Outlook desktop app
To add a double strikethrough, the process is more or less the same up to a certain point. Let’s take a look at how to get this done.
- Open the Outlook app if you haven’t already.
- Create a new email to send or reply to one.
- Type the text you want to add the double strikethrough effect to.
- Highlight the text
- Right-click on it
- You can select the Font option from the Context menu.
- In the Font window, look for the Effect section.
- To strike through two lines of text, tick the “Double Strikethrough” box.
- Hit the OK button.
How to add single Strikethrough in the Outlook web app
As we have stated, only a single strikethrough effect is possible in Outlook for the web. Double strikethrough is not supported as of the time of writing.
- Go to the official website for Outlook for the web.
- Compose a new email or reply to one sent to you.
- Type the text you want to add the effects to.
- Highlight the new text or an existing one.
- At the bottom of the window, you’ll find the taskbar. The taskbar is where you can launch apps, switch between
- open windows, and see notifications from your apps.
- Click on the three-dotted button at the bottom-right corner.
- A menu should appear when you click the button.
- From that menu, click on the icon that looks like a line being crossed out.
Is there a shortcut for strikethrough in Outlook?
There is a shortcut users can take to make things easier. Simply press the keys, Ctrl + Shift + S, and that’s it.
How can I get Microsoft Outlook for free?
As far as we understand, the only way to get Microsoft Outlook for free is to use the web-based version. It won’t have all the bells and whistles, that’s for sure, but the most important thing is that users can send and receive emails with ease. Remember to sign in with your Microsoft account in order to move forward.
Why can’t I access my Outlook email?
Incorrect Outlook settings are usually the cause of not being able to access your email. Before using Outlook, confirm that everything is in the right order. Also, check to see if your internet connection is working properly.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.