How to use Boomerang for Outlook and Microsoft Office 365 users. Previously, Boomerang was available only for Gmail but now Outlook.com, as well as Office 365 users, can use Boomerang and schedule their email. Let’s take a deep look into Boomerang for Outlook.
What is Boomerang
If you’re not familiar with Boomerang, it’s a simple email scheduling service that can help you send and receive messages at specific times. Boomerang is now available as a Microsoft Outlook add-on!This is great news for those of us who have been waiting for this most anticipated service. Boomerang has been a Chrome add-on until now, and was only available to Gmail users. But now, after quite a long wait, Boomerang is finally available for Microsoft Outlook.
Boomerang only works with the latest Outlook.com or Microsoft Outlook. If you have an old @outlook.com email account and haven’t received the latest user interface, you can’t use Boomerang.
Boomerang for Outlook
In Boomerang for Outlook, five features are actually included under one roof.
- Schedule email: Boomerang for Microsoft Outlook is a great feature that allows you to schedule your emails. You can set the time for when you want to send your email, and it will automatically send it at that time. This is a great way to make sure that your email gets sent on time, without you having to worry about it. There are many different ways that you can use this feature, and you can even set up a random time to send your email, so that you don’t have to worry about it.
- Boomerang email: The “Boomerang for Outlook” feature allows you to resend an email back to the top of your inbox at a later time.
- Time Suggestion: Suppose you want to set a meeting with someone and let them know about your free time. You can use the “Suggest Times” option to send an invitation with a visual calendar. This way, you and the person can schedule the meeting faster.
- Share Availability: The insertion of your free time list into an email so that others can check whether you are free at a particular time or not is almost the same as the aforementioned option/feature. However, the recipient will not get your whole calendar for privacy purposes. The only thing that will be shared is what you want to share.
- View My Schedule: The visual calendar lets you easily check your schedules and set appointments faster and more efficiently.
Schedule email using Boomerang for Outlook
It only takes a few minutes to schedule an email using Boomerang for Microsoft Outlook. As mentioned before, you can easily add Boomerang on Outlook by visiting the Office Store and hitting the Add button.
Now, click on the Install button. After completing the installation, you can use Boomerang to schedule email anytime. To schedule email using Boomerang on Outlook, compose a new email and click on the button marked with an icon. On the right, you’ll see Boomerang on the list. Select it and authenticate to use it for the first time.
Just authorize, click on ‘Send later’, and set a time. You can choose any time from 4 hours to 1 month. You can also set random times, like Thursday 12:30 am, etc.
Now your email will be saved as a draft and sent at a predefined time.
This is another useful feature of Boomerang. You can easily push any email to the top at a predefined time. To do this, open any email in your Outlook account. Boomerang is an additional option inside the email. Just click on that button to expand all options. You can some times like these,
As mentioned before, you can schedule your emails to be delivered at specific times, or choose from a range of delivery times. For example, if you want to read an email about sales or offers at night, you can simply set the time to 10 pm or something like that. The most useful features of Boomerang for Microsoft Outlook are its ability to schedule email and push email to the top of your inbox at a predefined time.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.