How to create a new Outlook.com email alias, a new personal mail service that has been completely re-imagined. If you have already upgraded your existing Hotmail account to it, or registered for a new Outlook.com account, you can now get an additional @outlook.com email alias.
An email alias is useful if you want to use a different email ID for different purposes. You can manage the account from your existing account and easily keep track of different email IDs.
Create an @outlook.com email ID alias
- To create an email alias using @outlook.com, click on the Settings icon on the top-right.
- Click on Mail > Sync email > Manage, then select a primary alias.
- Click on Add email > Create a new email address and add it as an alias.
- Now, when you open Outlook, it will ask if you want to add a new folder for mail addressed to this ID, or if you want it to go to your existing Inbox. You can also rename the new folder. Once you’ve made your choice, click “Done.” Your new folder will be created.
- To change your Primary email account, go back to the previous page and select the account you want to be Primary.
To send email messages from your alias, click on your alias address above the To line in the message, and select your alias from the list. Messages sent to your alias will go to your regular inbox, or to a separate inbox folder if you set one up. You can’t sign in to your account with your alias; use your regular address to sign in.
Remove Outlook.com email address
If you want to remove your Outlook mail ID, go here and click on Remove.
To remove something, click the “Remove” button.
Did anyone create a new email alias yet? If you need more answers, check the FAQ.
Can you use Outlook Email Alias to Sign in to Microsoft Services?
You can sign in to any Microsoft service using any number of aliases. For example, you can sign in to Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, Office, Xbox, Windows, and more using different aliases. You can also choose to make any alias your primary alias at any time.
Which Email ID will appear on Windows devices?
The original email address will be displayed if you make one of the aliases Primary. Otherwise, it will show up on Windows.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.