How to create personalized email ID using Outlook you have an Outlook Premium subscription, you can create a personalized email ID. To do this, you need to use GoDaddy as your domain registrar. If you want to create a professional email address for your business, you should use a custom email ID like firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com. Microsoft no longer offers the ability to create a custom email ID for free, but you can still do so with an Office 365 subscription.
Before getting to the steps, you should familiarize yourself with these common things:
- If you have an Office 365 Home or Personal subscription, you can create a personal email address.
- You need a domain registered with GoDaddy to use Outlook.
- If you want to create a personalized email address with Outlook, you’ll need to first transfer your domain to GoDaddy.
- You cannot use a personalized email ID as a standalone email. You always need to rely on the existing @outlook.com or @hotmail.com email ID that you already have.
- You cannot create multiple aliases on a single mailbox with your domain unless you have Office 365 Business Essentials subscription.
- If you cancel your Office 365 subscription, you’ll no longer be able to send or receive email. However, Outlook will still store all of your existing emails.
- If you unsubscribe from GoDaddy, you will lose your custom email address because the domain registrar changes the DNS records after expiry.
If you’re okay with the terms and conditions, you can proceed to the instructions. If you already have a domain with GoDaddy, you don’t need to buy anything else. However, if you don’t own a domain, it’s recommended that you purchase the name first before proceeding to the guide.
How to create custom domain email ID in Outlook
To create personalized email ID using Outlook, follow these steps-
- Open Outlook.com Settings
- Click on Get Started button in Premium tab
- Enter your domain name to validate
- Sign in to your GoDaddy account to verify ownership
- Go to Premium > Personalized email address
- Click on Create address button
- Enter your email address
- Use it via Outlook
To begin, sign in to your Microsoft account that you used to purchase Office 365 subscription. Click on the gear icon that is visible on the top navigation menu. Following that, click on the View all Outlook settings option. It should open the Settings panel of Outlook.com.
As a premium subscriber, you can explore more options by clicking the Premium tab. To get started with your personalized email address, click the Get started button under the Personalized email address heading.
The next window will have an option that says “I already own a GoDaddy domain.” If you have not yet purchased your domain, you will need to do so at this point.
To validate your domain name with Outlook, simply enter your domain name and click the “Validate” button.
Click the Sign in button to verify ownership of your GoDaddy account. Enter your credentials on the GoDaddy website to complete the process.
After you’ve completed the last step, you can go back to the Premium tab where you’ll see a new sub-entry called Personalized email address. Click the Create address button to finish Outlook’s DNS record additions for your GoDaddy account.
You can create the email address you want on the next window. Just type in the desired email address – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
After entering your email address, click the “Next” button. If all goes well, you will see a message like this:
Now, you can find your custom email ID on the “Premium > Personalized email address” tab. To send an email from your newly created email address, you need to change the address in the “From” section while composing an email in Outlook.com.
If you want to remove your email address, you need to visit the site and click the Remove address button. To confirm the change, click the Remove domain button.