Email addreses Photo Details not showing up Outlook Contact Card, check out these solutions if the email recipient details are missing in Contact Card in Outlook on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer. The contact card displays detailed information about people and provides one-click access to several ways of communicating with someone.
If a recipient’s photo, details, or presence doesn’t appear in Outlook contact card, then this post is intended to help you with solutions if the email recipient details are missing in Contact Card in Outlook on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer. The contact card displays detailed information about people and provides one-click access to several ways of communicating with someone.
You may notice that when you attempt to search for a recipient using the Search People box, the search results only display the user name without any presence information. Additionally, if you select to open the user’s contact card from the search results, only minimal details are displayed. Lastly, no presence information is displayed for a recipient who is listed in the TO field, and when you open that recipient’s contact card, no photo or details are displayed.
Email addresses, Photo, Details not showing up in Outlook Contact Card
To open a contact card from anywhere within Office applications where you see a person’s picture or name with a presence icon, simply pause on the contact’s picture or presence icon, and then click the down arrow.
Email addresses, photos, and contact card details may not show up in Outlook on your Windows 10/11 computer if you have the DownloadDetailsFromAD registry key disabled or deleted. This registry key controls whether Outlook retrieves information about corporate recipients from the Global Address List (GAL). If this key is turned off, presence information and contact card details will not be displayed for recipients who only have an SMTP address. You can fix this issue by modifying the registry or turning the DownloadDetailsFromAD registry key back on.
Related Post: The address list cannot be displayed – Outlook error
Disable the DownloadDetailsFromAD key via Registry Editor
Since this is a registry operation, it’s recommended that you create a backup or restore point before proceeding.
- To open the Run dialog, press the Windows key + R.
- Open Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Run dialog box and hitting Enter.
- You can find the registry key path below:
- At the right pane, double-click on the DownloadDetailsFromAD registry key to edit its properties.
- 1 in the Value data field.
- Hit Enter to save changes.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart your PC.
The DownloadDetailsFromAD key can be disabled in the registry.To disable the DownloadDetailsFromAD key in the registry, follow these steps:
- To open the Run dialog, press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type in “notepad” and hit the Enter key to open up the Notepad application.
- Copy and paste the code below into the text editor.
- Now click the File option from the menu and select the Save As button.
- Choose a location where you want to save the file (preferably desktop).
- Enter a name for the .reg file (for example, DisableDDfromAD.reg).
- Choose all Files from the ‘Save As Type’ drop down list.
- You can double-click the saved .reg file to merge it.
- If you are prompted, please click on Run > Yes (UAC) > Yes > OK to approve the merge.
- You can now delete the .reg file if you like.
- Restart PC.
choice-text text-gray-800 fw-bold fs-5″>You can disable the DownloadDetailsFromAD key by editing the registry via Command Prompt.
- To open the Run dialog, press the Windows key + R.
- In the Run dialog box, type cmd and then press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- In the command prompt window, copy and paste the command below and hit Enter:
reg.exe Delete “HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\SocialConnector” /V “DownloadDetailsFromAD” /T REG_DWORD /D “1”
- Once the command has executed, exit the CMD prompt.
Disable DownloadDetailsFromAD via Group Policy
The DownloadDetailsFromAD setting can also be configured by a Group Policy. Group Policy Object Editor can be used to manage this setting.
- Download Administrative Templates for the version of Office installed on your system.
- Next, install the Administrative Templates for Group Policy.
- Next, open the Local Group Policy Editor or Group Policy Management Console.
- Navigate to the following path:
This section of Outlook 2016 allows you to manage the Social Connector feature. You can control whether the Social Connector is turned on or off, as well as which social networks it connects to.
- At the location, double-click the Do not download photos from Active Directory policy to edit its properties.
- In the properties window, select the radio button for “Disabled” or “Not Configured”.
- Select Apply > OK.
- Exit GPEDIT or GPMC.
How do I get Outlook to autofill my contact information?
To access the AutoComplete setting, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, choose Options.
- Select the Mail tab.
- When sending messages, make sure the “Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines” box is checked. This will ensure that suggested names appear as you type in the recipient lines.
How do I show contact information in Outlook?
To change your view in Outlook, go to the HOME tab and click the More arrow in the Current View group. This will bring up a list of different views you can choose from. By default, Outlook displays contacts in People view. But you can choose another view if you want. For example, Business Card view organizes contact information to look like business cards.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.