Table of Contents
- Email not saved to Sent Items folder in Outlook
- 1] Run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool
- 2] Enable ‘Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder’ option
- 3] Repair and/or Reset Outlook
- 4] Uninstall and reinstall Office suite
- Why are my sent emails not showing in my Sent folder?
- Where are my sent emails in Outlook?
- How do I retrieve sent items in Outlook?
- How do I add a Sent folder in Outlook?
Email not saved to Sent Items folder in Outlook, Group Policy or Registry Editor can prevent Outlook from saving copies of emails in the Sent Items folder on Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC. In some cases, without user configuration, you may encounter the issue whereby emails are not saved to the Sent Items folder in Outlook. This post provides solutions to the issue.
You’re most likely to encounter this issue if the “Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder” option in Outlook is disabled.
Related post: How to add an Email Signature in Outlook.com
Email not saved to Sent Items folder in Outlook
If emails aren’t saving to your Sent Items folder in Outlook on your Windows 11/10 PC, try our recommended solutions below in no particular order to resolve the issue on your device.
Run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool
Enable ‘Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder’ option
Repair and/or Reset Outlook
Uninstall and reinstall Office suite
Let’s examine each of the solutions’ descriptions of the processes involved.
1] Run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool
If you’re having trouble with emails not being saved to your Sent Items folder in Outlook, you can try running the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool. If you prefer, you can also run the command-line version of Microsoft SaRA.
The tool can help you with Outlook if:
- Outlook won’t start
- can’t set up my Office 365 email in Outlook.
- Every time I try to open my Outlook, it asks me to enter my password. Outlook keeps asking for password.
- Outlook keeps trying to connect or gets disconnected.
- Shared mailboxes and shared calendars don’t work together.
- Problems with Calendar
- My Outlook is not responding, keeps crashing or has stopped working. What can I do to fix it
- can’t send, receive, or find the email in Outlook.
- Email in Outlook not syncing
The automated wizard wasn’t helpful, so try the next solution.
2] Enable ‘Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder’ option
Enable the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder option.
- Open Outlook.
- Select File on the menu bar.
- Select Options.
- In the Outlook Options dialog, locate the Mail section on the left navigation pane.
- Scroll down to the “Save messages” section on the right pane.
- Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder.
- Click OK to save changes and exit.
3] Repair and/or Reset Outlook
This solution requires you to repair Microsoft Outlook and see if that helps in resolving the issue in hand. To repair Outlook on your Windows 11/10 PC, follow the steps below:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Right-click the program you want to repair and select Change.
- Next, click on the “Repair” option and then select “Continue.” Office will then start repairing the apps.
- After the repair operation completes, restart your PC.
You can also repair Office Outlook via the Settings app on Windows 11/10. Here’s how:
- Open Windows Settings Open the settings application for Windows 10 or 11. If the settings app is not opening
- or working, try the following troubleshooting steps.
- Select Applications and Features from the menu.
- Find your Microsoft Office installation.
- Click on the entry, then click Modify.
- Choose Quick Repair or Online Repair from the popup dialog.
- Click on the “Repair” button.
4] Uninstall and reinstall Office suite
If the problem persists, you can uninstall and then reinstall Office suite on your Windows 11/10 computer. If emails were being saved to the Sent Items folder in Outlook just fine earlier, it’s likely your system has undergone some changes you are not aware of. You can try performing a System Restore on your Windows 11/10 device to a point prior to when the issue started.
Why are my sent emails not showing in my Sent folder?
If you are not able to view your sent email messages, it is likely because Outlook is not configured to keep a copy of them. To view your sent email messages, select File > Options > Mail. Scroll down to Save messages and make sure the check box for Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder is checked.
Where are my sent emails in Outlook?
To see what is in your Sent Items folder in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Click on the Mail icon in the Navigation bar to access your inbox.
- Open the Sent Items folder to find all the messages you have sent to others.
How do I retrieve sent items in Outlook?
To replace an email message you have sent in Outlook, do the following:
- In the folder pane on the left of the Outlook window, choose the Sent Items folder.
- Open the message you want to recall.
- From the Message tab, select Actions > Recall This Message.
How do I add a Sent folder in Outlook?
To add a Sent folder in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Open your IMAP account settings. (File > Account Settings > double click on the IMAP account.)
- More Settings button.
- Select the “Sent Items” tab to view your sent messages.
- Save items sent to the following folder on the server.
- Select the Sent Items storage location.