Microsoft Outlook Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close may display an error message saying it encountered a problem and needs to close. This can make it difficult to fix the issue as no additional information is provided.
Outlook Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
The article explains potential causes of the issue and how to resolve it.
1] Install the latest Update For Outlook
To update Microsoft Outlook, go to the Control Panel and open Windows Updates. Click on Check For Updates in the left column. After it checks for updates, click Optional Updates and see if any update for Microsoft Outlook is available. If yes, select it and click OK. Then click on Install Updates for updating the Microsoft Outlook you have on your computer.
Alternatively, you can check the Microsoft website for updates that cumulatively.
After installing the updates, turn on Microsoft Outlook to see if the problem is gone. If not, removing unwanted registry entries may help to fix Outlook crashing.
2] Clean Your Outlook Profile
To clean your Outlook profile:
- If Microsoft Outlook is open, close it.
- To open the Run dialog box, press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
- In the Run dialog, type “Outlook /cleanprofile”.
- Click OK or press Enter.
Start Microsoft Outlook and see if the problem is resolved. If it’s not, you’ll need to check if any add-ons are causing the issue.
3] Start Outlook in Safe Mode
- If Microsoft is already open, close it now.
- To open the Run Dialog box, press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
- In the Run Dialog box, type “Outlook /safe” (without the quotation marks).
- If you start Outlook in safe mode, any third-party add-ons will be disabled.
- See if your Microsoft Outlook is working properly.
Some add-on is creating an issue that is causing Outlook to close when operating in safe mode. Isolate and remove the add-ons to fix the issue.
- Open the File menu or Office menu.
- Click on options
- Click Add-ins
- At the bottom of the window, select COM and click Go.
- Now you will be shown a list of add-ons in Microsoft Outlook.
- Remove the checkmark next to all add-ons to disable them.
- Enable add-ons one at a time and check if Microsoft Outlook works properly.
When you get a message that Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close, there are a few things you can try to fix it.First, try restarting Outlook. If that doesn’t work, try resetting it to the default settings. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling Outlook.