Outlook new email envelope icon is not showing in Taskbar indicates that new mail has arrived. If this icon is not appearing, you can restore the behavior by following the steps below.
Restore missing Envelope icon of Outlook
There are a few ways to fix this missing icon
- Enable from Outlook Options
- Enable from Taskbar Settings
Make sure to check on both the settings.
Outlook new email envelope icon is not showing in Taskbar
1] Enable from Outlook Options
The envelope icon helps you know if there’s a new email. If it’s not enabled, you’ll have to check Outlook every time you want to see if you have new mail. Here’s how to restore the envelope icon.
- Open your Microsoft Outlook desktop client. On the File tab, click Options.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Mail.
- In the Message arrival section, select the check box next to “Show an envelope icon in the taskbar.”
- Click OK.
The envelope icon/overlay will now be displayed in Microsoft Outlook when any mail arrives.
The new mail icon in Outlook will only be visible if you use large icons in your Taskbar.
2] Enable from Taskbar Settings
Taskbar corner overflow lets you choose which icons appear on the Taskbar. All other icons will appear in the overflow menu. To customize the Notification area icon, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Settings To open Windows Settings, press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard.
- To personalize your taskbar, navigate to the Personalization section.
- Expand the section of the Taskbar where overflow occurs.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and look for the icon.
- The envelope should appear instantly.
The Microsoft Outlook option to add an email envelope icon to the Taskbar only launches Outlook.
Do I need to enable Envelop Icon enabled in Outlook?
The Outlook app icon on the Taskbar will display a mail icon in its style if you keep it always open. However, the yellow icon is often preferred for its eye-catching appeal.
Are there other ways to get a notification about an email from Outlook?
Windows Focus assist allows you to see all notifications that are sent by Outlook. You can also get an idea of all incoming emails in the Action Center.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.