If you’re having trouble with Outlook or Office 365, the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 can help you fix the problem quickly and easily. If it can’t fix the problem, it’ll suggest the next steps to take and help you get in touch with Microsoft support.
Fix Outlook and Office 365 problems
The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 is a one-click tool designed to help Windows users facing an issue with Office 365 or Microsoft Outlook.
Related Article: Fix Body of Emails or Text is missing in Outlook
Download the web installer from its home page and run it. Wait for the download and installation to complete, and the tool to open.
You will see a screen that will ask you about the problem you are facing. The options you have are:
- OneDrive for Business
- Dynamics 365 (online)
- Skype for Business
- Mobile devices
- Outlook on Mac
One other option exists as an Advanced diagnostic. With this diagnostic log collection, you will be able to identify potential issues more thoroughly.
Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Outlook & Office 365
Microsoft’s Support and Recovery Assistant tool can fix the following problem:
- I get an error when I install Office
- I can’t activate Office
- I need to uninstall Office
- Outlook won’t start
- I can’t set up my Microsoft 365 email in Outlook
- Outlook keeps asking for my password
- Outlook keeps saying “Trying to connect…” or “Disconnected”
- Shared mailboxes or shared calendars don’t work
- I’m having problems with my calendar
- Outlook stops responding
- Outlook keeps crashing
- I can’t send, receive, or find the email
OneDrive for Business
- I can’t sync my files with OneDrive
- I can’t install OneDrive
Other Office apps
- I can’t sign in to Skype for Business
- I can’t get email on my phone
- I’m having trouble opening or signing in to Outlook on the web
- I can’t install, connect, or enable Dynamics 365 for Outlook
When you use a tool to figure out your problem, it will usually suggest a solution or give you step-by-step instructions on how to fix it.
Go get it from outlook.com and let us know if it helped you fix your problem.
Do I need an account to use the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant?
The applications that the assistant supports are all you need. Even if you have a local account, this will work fine with all user accounts, not just admin.
Do you need an internet connection to use the Support app?
Microsoft’s application is one that collects a lot of data. It uses your internet connection to send usage statistics and log files to the company’s servers.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.