How To Add Sticky Notes To Outlook Email, many people often need sticky notes to help them remember their tasks and prioritized tasks. These sticky notes are designed for blinking a reminder of your pending or to-do scheduled work.
Many uses to note it down in their diary, many use sticky paper notes and pin on the board or sometimes laptop.
I personally use sticky notes in Windows 10 when I have to use the Outlook email client.
One important feature I discovered in this handy app is that one can save emails in a folder that syncs with their 2016 entry in the calendar, allowing them to easily set reminders for meetings or have all of their contacts’ details available at hand when writing an email.
In this article, you will learn every feature and benefit of Sticky Notes In Outlook.
How To Use Sticky Notes Outlook for Quick Reminders
Stick notes are something like important terms or numbers, passwords, or some important to-do tasks before the scheduled time.
Create Sticky Note
Sticky Notes are a new feature! Let’s learn how to use them, shall we? How do I put sticky notes into Outlook?
- First launch Microsoft Outlook
- Then go to the navigation section on the button left-hand corner of the Outlook screen.
- Here a separate note page pops up, you can add, edit, and delete your notes smartly.
- Now click Home Tab then New note the new note with the default size and color appears.
By familiar with Outlook sticky notes
Sticky notes are often overlooked for their hidden qualities – but they can be quite useful. For instance, take a look at the first sticky note in the picture above for some great examples of using sticky notes effectively.
- The Option One – Click on it and you will get additional functionalities like (delete, forward, categories).
- Then the second option blue color strip allows the user to move the sticky note anywhere on the screen.
- Thirdly here cross sign is very well aware to everybody, it uses to close the note. (once you close the note, the note automatically saves for you).
- Next are the hold and drag option which increases and decreases the size of the sticky note.
- Then the fifth is date and time, it automatically updates when you last modified the note.
- And finally, you can start typing your content
Sticky Notes View Arrangement
Sticky Notes should never outdate. Sticky Notes should automatically update whenever you return to them after an extended break.
Outlook will arrange your notes according to the screenshot.
Note lists can be clicked from the home tab for more clarity, and they are date stamped too. The note list automatically rearranges itself on its own depending on when you add notes to it.
How To Customize Sticky Notes in Outlook?
You can choose from among many colors. There are three ways to do this:
- Firstly here select and open the note, clicking the menu in the top left of an open note and selecting “Categorize” from the menu, and select the color.
- Then name that category, if required, or by default, it will take the name of the color, you can also arrange a keyboard shortcut key.
Then you hit Ok, you can observe the change color of your note: Trust me its beautiful.
- And the second options are clicking the right mouse button on the icon and click categorize, then the process is similar to above
It’s the longest way to do it — select your note in the Notes window and click “Home” >> “Categorize”
You can customize all icons according to your choice. After selecting any path the result is seen on a right side column that denotes font colors for each category.
How To Send Notes Through Email?
Sending your note to other person through email message is really simple if both of them have Outlook, but that’s not so sure because some people are using different kinds of mail clients.
Forwarding your sticky note to yourself can be done in three simple ways.
All three options guide you through the same location’s portal, which will generate an email with said note attached.
Inject all information to boost your credibility, subject lines to catch attention, body copy to make grabs and click the send button.
If your recipients open your email message in a mail program like Gmail or Outlook, it will be treated as a plain text email. But if they open the same email in Yahoo or Windows Mail, it’ll be treated as a Note.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.