Keep your Outlook inboxes and folders organized by moving older folders you want to keep to the archives. You can schedule which items to archive and which items to be deleted. Outlook’s Auto Archive feature archives items automatically. An archive is a folder in your email where messages, replies, and forwards are stored until later. To access archive items, go to your email’s archive folder. In this tutorial, we’ll explain how to automatically archive Outlook items.
How to auto archive Outlook items
- Click the File tab on the menu bar.
- On the Backstage View page, click Options.
- An Outlook Options dialog box will pop up.
On the Advanced page, under the Auto Archive section, click the Auto Archive Settings button.
- An Auto Archive dialog box will appear.
- Inside the dialog box, check the Run Auto Archive Every checkbox and then enter a number into the box.
- Then remove the tick from the checkbox of Prompt before Auto Archive
- Clean Out Items Older Than You can also make other changes, such as the section Clean Out Items Older Than, then input a number in the box if you want to change it from the default.
- Then click the button beside the box; you can choose to select Months, Weeks, and Days.
- You can choose to move old items to a different folder if you want by clicking the Browse button under the section Move Old Items To. We recommend leaving it at default and clicking OK.
- Click OK.
- On the Outlook Options dialog box, click OK.
- We hope this tutorial helps you understand how to automatically archive Outlook items.