If you want Outlook to open the mail module displaying another folder instead of the default inbox folder, you can specify any folder as the starting location. The Startup folder is the folder that appears when you open Outlook. You can change the folder using Outlook options. To customize your Outlook, including setting a startup folder, follow these steps.
How to change the default Outlook Startup folder
To change which folder opens when you launch Outlook, follow the steps below:
- Launch Outlook
- Click the File tab
- Click Options
- Click the Advanced page
- Click the Browse button
- Click the folder you want to start in
- Click OK
- Close Outlook
- Relaunch Outlook to see the automatic result
- On the Backstage View, click Options on the left.
- An Outlook Options dialog box will appear.
- Click the Advanced page on the left pane.
The Advanced page has a section for Outlook and Start Exit. In this section, click the “Browse” button to the right of the “Start Outlook in this folder” box.
- A Select a folder dialog box will pop up.
- The options you have are Inbox, Sent items, Calendar, Contacts, Outbox, etc.
- In this tutorial, we selected the Sent Items
- In the Select a folder dialog box, select a folder from the list.
- The folders displayed in the list are the folders on the navigation pane in Outlook.
- Click OK.
- Then click OKfor the Outlook Options dialog box also.
- Close the Outlook
When you relaunch Outlook, it will automatically open to your Sent Items folder.
We hope this tutorial helps you understand how to change the startup folder in Outlook.