When you create a business card in Outlook, you’re actually creating a way to present your contact information to anybody you email. It’s a handy tool when you want to make sure potential clients or employers have your latest info, and it’s easy to do.
What are electronic business cards typically used for Outlook?
The electronic business card in Outlook makes it easy to create, view, and share contact information. You can create a business card with new information or old contact information you already had on Outlook.
Related Article: Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80040154
What is the difference between Outlook contact and Outlook business card?
To add or edit a contact in Microsoft Outlook, open the Contact window. You can either add a new contact or edit an existing one. To display a contact’s information in full-screen mode, click the Business Card button.
How to create Electronic Business Card in Outlook
To create an electronic business card in Outlook, follow the steps below:
- Choose a Business Card layout
- Choose a background for the Business Card
- Add Pictures or logo to Business Card
- Edit the text of the Business Card
- Add and Remove fields to Business Card
Choose a Business Card layout
- Launch Outlook.
- Select the People button in the navigation bar below.
- Click New Contact in the top left of the Outlook interface.
- When the New Contactinterface opens, double-click the Business Card on the right.
- An Edit Business Card dialog box will open.
- Click on the “Card Design” section, then on the “Layout” drop-down list, and select the desired layout.
Choose a background for the Business Card
- In the Edit Business Card dialog box, you can select a background for your electronic business card.
- Click the Background button opposite the Layout
- A Color dialog box will appear, select a color, then click OK.
Add Pictures or logo to Business Card
- You can add an image in the dialog box and use the options to add size and position it.
- To add an image to the business card, click the Change
- In Order To add an image size, click the Image Area up and down buttons to increase and decrease the image size.
- To position, the image, click the drop-down arrow of the Image Align
Format the text of the Business Card
- To edit the text of the business card, select a field from the Fields list box.
- Under the edit section, there are tools to format the text in the business card.
- Select the edit format you want for your business card.
Add and Remove fields to Business Card
- To add fields to the business card, click the Add button and select a field.
- To remove the field, click the Remove
- To move the fields up or down the list, click the Up and Down
- Then clickOK.
- With this tutorial, you will learn how to create an Electronic Business Card in Outlook. You can use this card to provide your contact information to others or keep track of your own contacts.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.