Table of Contents
The Status Bar is a horizontal window at the bottom of your How to customize the Status Bar in Outlook interface. Although most users don’t often use it, the Status Bar can be quite useful. It displays information to users, provides quick access to certain features, and is customizable so you can select and deselect features to display on your Outlook Status Bar.
How to customize the Status Bar in Outlook
How to customize Outlook’s Status BarDid you know that you can customize Outlook’s Status Bar to better suit your needs? In this post, we’ll show you how to remove, change, or modify the Status Bar in Outlook.
- Launch Outlook.
- Right-click the Status Bar on the bottom of the Outlook interface.
- Deselect or select the options offered in the menu.
- The Outlook Status bar will reflect the changes in real-time.
- Launch Outlook.
- Click on the status bar at the bottom of the Outlook interface.
- You can choose from the options in the menu.
- Depending on the option selected in the menu, the status bar in Outlook will change to reflect it.
- If you uncheck all the options on the menu list, the Outlook status bar will have no features.
Below are the options displayed on the Status bar menu:
- Quota Information: This displays how much space is free in your mailbox.
- Filter: AThis indicates whether a filter is applied.
- Items in View: The number of items in the folder.
- Header Items in View: The rarest items in the current view of the folder are the header items.
- Unread Items in View: The number of unread items in the current view of the folder.
- Remainers: JustAny items that have not been snoozed or dismissed.
- Group Notifications: Notifications from an Office 365 group are effective if you are in the group, which is mostly used in organizations.
- View Shortcuts: This feature enables you to show or hide the pinned To-Do pane by switching between Normal
- View and Reading View on the status bar.
- Zoom Slider: In email, you can zoom in or out to make text larger or smaller.
- Zoom: The percentage of the current zoom.
We hope this tutorial helps you understand how to change the status bar in Outlook. If you have questions about the tutorial, please let us know in the comments.
What is Outlook Status Bar for?
The Outlook status bar displays the number of items in your folders and unread messages when selected, as well as the update information of the folders. If it is connected to Microsoft Exchange, you will also see Normal view, reading view, and Zoom options. You can add and remove features from your Outlook status bar as desired.
How do I get rid of the status bar in Outlook?
In some Microsoft Office applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, you cannot disable the status bar. The status bar is located at the bottom of the interface and cannot be removed.