Microsoft Outlook isn’t just about viewing emails and responding to them. The application can download emails to your computer easily. This is good because some people prefer to have important email messages on their computers or cloud storage providers. So, how can we do this using Outlook?
How to download Outlook emails to Windows computer
As stated above, the feature to download Outlook emails to your windows computer is already available. You just need to know how to go about taking advantage of it. Let us explain how to do so.
Download emails from Outlook 365
We want to discuss how to download emails from the desktop version of Microsoft Outlook, or Outlook 365.
- Open the Outlook app on your windows computer.
- Select one or more emails you wish to download.
- After that, click on File.
- From the left panel, then, you must select Save As.
- Choose the folder where you want the emails to go.
- Add a name for the content.
- Select a file format.
- At the moment, you can only use MSG, TXT, OFT, HTML, or .MHT file format.
- Hit the Save button, and that’s it.
Download emails from Outlook on the web
It is just as easy, if not easier, to download emails from Outlook on the web. However, it is not possible to download multiple emails all at once.
- Launch your favorite web browser.
- Navigate to outlook.live.com
- Click on the email you wish to download.
- From there, you must click the three-dotted button located within the email itself.
- From the dropdown menu, select Download, then hit Save.
- If you do not see the Download button, then your next bet is to save the email as a PDF.
- From Outlook.com, click the preferred email.
- Select the three-dotted menu button.
- Next, click on Print via the dropdown menu.
- Atop the Print window, click on Print once more.
- From the Destination area, release the dropdown menu and select Save as PDF.
- Finally, hit the Save button, and that’s it, you’re done.
Can I download Outlook for free?
Right now, you can get a 30-day trial of Microsoft Office 365 that comes with Outlook. If you need more than that, take full advantage of the web version of Outlook that is available through a web browser.
Do I need Office 365 to use Outlook?
The Outlook desktop app is not available as a standalone version. You can subscribe to Microsoft Office 365 or use the web version. However, the web version of Outlook is mainly for sending and receiving emails and does not have the advanced features of the desktop version.
Does Outlook require a Microsoft account?
Yes, a Microsoft account is required to install and use Outlook. However, if you already have an Outlook.com account, or even a Skype or Xbox account, you can simply sign in with the same account.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.