Junk emails are unwanted emails that usually contain annoying or harmful messages. Sometimes, these emails are marked as spam and sent to the Junk folder. The Junk folder is where all unwanted incoming messages are stored. This adds extra protection to your system. The reason why some messages are marked as junk is that Outlook recognizes the message as junk, the email content is spam-like, or the domain reputation is poor.
The Outlook filtering system automatically removes spam and other unwanted messages from your Inbox. To empty your Junk folder:1. In Outlook, click the Folder tab, and then click Empty Folder.2. In the message that appears, click Empty Folder. The Empty Folder feature in Outlook permanently deletes the messages in the Junk folder so that they can’t be recovered.
How to empty the Junk Folder in Outlook
Related Post: How to create, remove or set a Task Reminder in Outlook
Follow these steps to empty the Junk Email folder in Outlook:
- Launch Outlook
- Look for the Navigation Pane on the left
- Locate the Junk Email Folder
- Right-click the Junk Email Folder
- Select the Empty Folder item to delete all items in the folder.
Now let us look at the steps in detail.
Open Microsoft Outlook.
On the Navigation Pane on the left, you will see the Junk Email Folder.
- Expand the mailbox to see the Junk Email Folder if it’s not already visible in the Navigation Pane.
- In the picture above, you can see that there are eight messages in the Junk Email Folder.
- Right-click the Junk Email Folder.
- In the Short-cut menu, click Empty Folder to to delete all items in the folder.
A small message box will pop up asking permission to delete the junk messages in the folder permanently.
- Click Yes.
- All the junk messages are removed from the folder.
If you want to check if your messages have been deleted, you can look at the number of messages next to the Junk Email Folder. Or, you can click on the Junk Email Folder to see if there are any messages there.