If you’re getting error code 0x80190194 – 0x90019 on Windows, here are some solutions to get rid of this issue. You may also get the same error code while using Media Creation Tool or while using Outlook.
Fix Error Code 0x80190194 – 0x90019 on Windows PC
To fix error code 0x80190194 – 0x90019 while using Media Creation Tool or while using Outlook on Windows, check the list below and see which of the suggestions apply to your case:
- Run Windows Update troubleshooter
- Restart Background Intelligence Transfer Service
- Download from Microsoft Update Catalog
- Use Windows 10 Update Assistant
- Download ISO manually
- Opt for a better internet connection
- Rename Outlook folder
- Create new profile
- Delete everything in the Offline Address Book
To learn more about these steps, you need to keep reading.
Run Windows Update troubleshooter
If you’re getting an error message while downloading or installing Windows Update or in Media Creation Tool, you can try using the Windows Update troubleshooter. On Windows 11 and 10, the windows Settings panel includes this troubleshooter by default, so you don’t need to download anything externally. To use it, follow these steps:
- Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters if you use Windows 11.
- Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters if you use Windows 10.
- Find out the Windows Update troubleshooter from the list.
- Click the Run or Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow the screen instructions.
- Restart your computer and try again.
Restart Background Intelligence Transfer Service
Bits or Background Intelligence Transfer Service is directly responsible for running the Windows Update service on your computer. If there is any issue with this particular background service, you will get the error code mentioned above. Therefore, you can restart the service to fix common problems like this. For that, do the following:
- Press Win+R to open the Run prompt.
- Type MSC and press the Enter button.
- Double-click on the Background Intelligence Transfer Service.
- Click the Stop
- Click the Start
- Click on the OK button and close all windows.
- Restart your computer.
Now you should be able to download the update without any error.
Download from Microsoft Update Catalog
If you receive this error message while downloading a Cumulative update on Windows 11/10, you can bypass it using Microsoft Update Catalog. Microsoft Update Catalog stores all the updates so that users can download and install them manually. Therefore, head over to the official website of Microsoft Update Catalog at catalog.update.microsoft.com, search for the update and download and install it.
Opt for a better internet connection
If you see this error message while downloading an ISO file using Media Creation Tool, check your internet connection. A good connection is necessary for a successful download. If you’re having ping loss issues, you may still have the same problem. Therefore, it’s best to check if your internet connection is working properly before trying again.
Rename Outlook folder
When you start using Outlook, a folder is created to save all your files. If Outlook displays an error when there are conflicting files, you can fix it by renaming the Outlook folder. Follow these steps:
- Show all hidden files and folders.
- Go to C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft.
- Right-click on the Outlook folder and select the Rename option.
- Enter a name and press the Enter button.
- Restart your computer.
- Open the Outlook app on your PC and set things up.
Create new profile
If you’re getting the “Profile in Use” error message in Outlook, it may be caused by an internal profile conflict. To fix this, create a new profile in Outlook:
- Open the Outlook app on your computer.
- Click on the File menu.
- Click on Account Settings > Manage Profiles.
- Click on the Yes option.
- Click the Show Profiles button.
- Click on the Add button and enter a name.
- Enter your email account credentials to add your account to the new profile.
- Start the Outlook app on your computer.
Delete everything in the Offline Address Book
If you’re having trouble accessing the Outlook app on your computer, it might be because there are some issues with the Offline Address Book folder. To fix this, you can delete the contents of that folder. Here’s how:
- Open File Explorer on your computer.
- Go to C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Offline Address Books
- Select everything in this folder and choose the Delete option.
- Restart your computer and the Outlook app.
How do I fix error code 0x80070020 0x90018?
Depending on the source of this issue, you can fix error code 0x80070020 by clearing the Software Distribution folder, running the Windows Update troubleshooter, etc. You can also try opting for Public DNS, change the internet connection, or download the ISO directly.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.