Table of Contents
- How to set up Outlook email on an Android device
- Setting up Outlook on an Android device for the first time.
- Setting up another email account on Outlook
- How to set up Office apps on an Android device
- Setting up the Office apps for the first time
- Adding another account to Office apps
- How do I set up my Office 365 email on my Android phone?
- Can I get Microsoft Office apps on my Android phone?
Nowadays, it’s become popular to integrate Office apps and Outlook email on Android mobile devices. Microsoft has made it easy and smooth so that users can access, edit, and share their Office documents on the go. This also makes remote working possible and easy. We’ll cover how to get up and running with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on your Android device.
How to set up Outlook email on an Android device
It is fairly easy to download and install Outlook on an Android device.
Related Article: How to remove the Sync Issues folder in Outlook
Setting up Outlook on an Android device for the first time.
If you are setting up Outlook for your Android device for the first time, follow these steps:
- Install the Outlook for Android app from the Google Play Store on your Android device and then open it.
- Then Tap on Getting Started.
- Outlook automatically detects your Google accounts. To add them to Outlook for Android, tap on Google Connect Account and then tap OK to confirm. Tap Allow giving Outlook access to your Contacts.
- Now Select the email accounts you’d like to add and tap Add Account.
- You may be asked to sign in. In that case, enter your email ID credentials and tap sign-in.
- Now, tap Allow confirming offline access and any other prompts.
- Here You can add more accounts to Outlook by tapping Continue.
- If you don’t wish to add another email account, tap Skip.
If you don’t wish to add these Google accounts to Outlook, tap Skip, then follow the next steps to add another account.
Setting up another email account on Outlook
The people who already have Outlook configured or those who don’t want to use their Google email addresses can follow the next steps.
They can add another email account with the following procedure.
- Open the Menu (three horizontal lines)
- Go to Settings (gear icon)
- Now click on Add Account
- Enter the full email ID you want to add to Outlook (For example firstname.lastname@example.org). Now tap on Continue.
- Enter your email account password and tap Sign in or Next.
- Microsoft Outlook comes with multi-factor authentication for security purposes. A message will be prompted at the time of sign-in. Verify your identity at this stage. The message window may look as follows:
How to set up Office apps on an Android device
Integrating your Office apps and email on Android devices is pretty easy. You can either get Office through an app store or set it up directly from your Android device.
- You can install the Office mobile app, which combines Word, Excel, and PowerPoint into one app. This way, you can access all three Office apps with one app, and enjoy new mobile-centric features for viewing, editing, and sharing files without needing to switch between multiple apps.
- Another way is to install Office apps individually.
From anywhere, the Office mobile apps let you work. With a free Microsoft Account or a Microsoft 365 work or school account, simply sign in. Based on your subscription, you can have access to the app’s additional features.
Setting up the Office apps for the first time
If you are setting up the Office apps for the first time, follow the next steps:
- Open any Office app like Excel, PowerPoint, or Word.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account to access your Office files from any device.
Adding another account to Office apps
It’s quite straightforward to add an additional account to your Office apps on Android. If you’ve already installed and set up Office apps and email on your Android device, you’ll see this option appear during the setup process.
Follow the next steps to add another account to Office apps:
- Tap on Open (or Open other documents if you’re on a tablet). Now tap on Add a place. Add a place is an option that lets you connect to cloud storage
- If you are using OneNote, then tap on Settings and then on Accounts.
- Now choose the cloud service you want to add, such as OneDrive for business or Dropbox.
- Now enter the email address and password that you use to sign in to that service.
Thus, Office apps are set on your Android devices.
How do I set up my Office 365 email on my Android phone?
To set up an Android device with a Microsoft Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync account, follow these steps:
- Firstly, Open your Android device’s Settings
- Now tap on Accounts. (For some devices, you will see Users & accounts instead of Accounts.)
- Then tap on Add account.
- Next, tap on Exchange.
- After this, enter your Microsoft Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync email and credentials.
This way, your Office 365 email can be set up on an Android phone.
Can I get Microsoft Office apps on my Android phone?
With the Office app for Android, you can create and edit Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, or PowerPoint presentations on your Android phone.