How To Setup/Run Rules In Outlook, the outlook rules manage your inbox and organize messages into categories, which takes a lot of time to do manually.
In this article, we’ll teach you “How to setup email rules using email rules in the Office 365 web portal.
The user using Office Outlook 365 web portal is really clever, they really want to efficiently arrange their email contents.
Just follow the step by step guide to initial Outlook 365 rules:
Server Side Rules vs Client-Side Rules (Outlook)
Creating a rule in outlook might be something you need to do for your email marketing strategy, or maybe you need it for personal reasons like keeping up with your boss’s emails.
Either way, it would be smart to read this all the way through because there is something important here for everyone.
- Server Side Rules – All of these rules run whether or not you log in to Outlook on your computer. Server-based rules must apply to messages when they are first delivered to your Inbox, and the rules must be able to run until they are completed on the server.
- For instance, if you apply the preference to print emails received from a certain sender, say John Smith, because its essential business data. If your rule doesn’t work out on the server it means it will be carried out later when you connect to Outlook Online because it’s considered as a client-side rule.
- Client-side rules – client-only rules run only on your computer and automatically apply based solely on inputs created by you. These rules hold the second ranking in the prioritized execution of server-side rules since they execute despite whether or not Outlook is running online.
- For instance, is this: If you create a rule in Outlook that sends out an alert when a specific email address writes to you, that action can only be applied to Outlook and not Google. These message rules are client-only. They keep interrupting us if we try to work in other clients like Gmail or Yahoo.
How To Create Rule in Outlook Web.com
If you are reading this, you automatically subscribed to the premium version through an active subscription or trial account. Let’s get started with creating an inbox rule:
- First open Outlook.live.com and log in
- Now go to the inbox, Right-click the message title, scroll down and click “Create Rule”.
- You must have multiple rule applied to your inbox due to the following reasons, they can be modified/edit, and deleted in the future if no outlook web rules longer applied. Activating and deactivating them without deleting your rule is another option available. Utilizing the options with the given rules criteria is a real game-changer.
- Here the first option is naming your rule, Enter your desired rule name on the top of the form.
- And then the second option is to add a condition, there are tons of options refer to the list on your right side screen.
- After that is to add action, it must be several ways you can execute the condition with. here are the examples:
- Here use the exemption button, if you like something to bypass the rule, you can select that option.
- And finally, click save to execute.
Rules, outlook rules convert your everyday emails into organized and productive tasks or fun and exciting events.
Condition and actions and exceptions and much more play a part in the establishment of specific treatment for your email correspondence.
How To Setup/Run Rules In Outlook, make sure you understand all that goes into setting up an Outlook rule so that if you ever decide to use them, you know how to tailor each one correctly.
Few Examples of Rules in Outlook 365 Web
Below are some of the basic problems every Outlook user can face, whether using either Outlook 365/web: Rules will show you how to solve them even when you are in the dark.
- There are tons of marketing email, newsletter subscription, sale emails, and many more related to it hit your inbox daily, How rules work for you, instead of deleting or get rid of it, you can easily shift those emails into the misc folder, which later on filtered or entertain accordingly.
- Now you can color categories your incoming emails, set the color from specific email addresses, and also shift the emails in a folder.
How To Setup/Run Rules In Outlook, the Outlook 365 web app isn’t as full-featured as the desktop version. It does not include rules functionality.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.