Outlook makes it easy to share your calendar with others. You can control what kind of access they have to your calendar, whether it be full or limited access. In this article, we’ll describe how to share an Outlook Calendar.
How to share Calendar in Outlook
We will explain how to share your Outlook Calendar with others using two methods.
Related Article: How to print an Outlook Calendar in Windows 11/10
- By using the Microsoft Outlook desktop application.
- By using Outlook for the Web.
Share Outlook Calendar using the Outlook desktop application
The steps we’ll explain here are for Microsoft Outlook desktop applications. To share your calendar, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook application.
- Open calendar.
- Click on the E-mail Calendar option.
- Select the date range and permissions.
- Enter the receiver’s email address and click on the Send button.
- Let’s see these steps in detail:
- Launch the Outlook desktop application and open the calendar in it.
- Now, go to the “Home > E-mail Calendar” option. Clicking on E-mail Calendar will open a new window.
In the Send a Calendar via E-mail window, choose Calendar from the drop-down menu. In the Date Range drop-down menu, you can select the schedule you want to share with another person. For example:
- Today’s schedule
- Tomorrow schedule
- Schedule of the next 7 days, 30 days, etc.
To share the calendar with a specific date range, select “Specify Dates” from the drop-down menu, and then select the start and end dates accordingly. In the Detail drop-down menu, you can select to share either the full or limited details of the calendar. You can also include or exclude certain advanced features while sharing the complete details of your calendar.
- Details of items marked private.
- Attachments within calendar items.
When you are done, click on the OK button to attach the calendar to the email. Enter the email address of the recipient and then click on the Send button. The recipient of the email will be able to download the shared calendar and open it with any compatible app, such as Outlook or the Windows Calendar app.
Share an Outlook Calendar via Outlook for the Web
The following steps will guide you on how to share an Outlook Calendar with others via Outlook for the Web.
- Open Outlook online and log into your account.
- Switch to the calendar mode.
- Now, click on the Share button. You will find it on the top right side of the interface.
- A new window will open in which you have to enter the email address of the recipient. After entering the email address, select the permissions from the drop-down menu. You can select whether the recipient can view all the details of the calendar or can edit it.
- When you are done, click on the Share button.
Once you share the calendar, the recipient will get it in their inbox. They can access it by signing into their Outlook account. You can share your calendar via a link by publishing it online. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook in your web browser and sign in to your account.
- Click on the gear icon on the top right corner of the blue ribbon and select View all Outlook settings.
- Now, go to “Calendar > Shared calendars.”
- Scroll down and select Calendar and then select permissions from the drop-down menus. After that click on the Publish button.
After publishing the calendar, you will get the following two links:
If you share this link with a person, he can view your calendar without signing into his Outlook account.
To copy the link, simply click on it and select Copy link.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.