Table of Contents
Make Microsoft Outlook read out Emails to you can read out your emails for you. Just select the text you want Microsoft Outlook to read, and click the “Text to Speech” button. You can also use this feature with other applications in MS Office. Before we begin to set up Outlook and make it read emails or selected text, it is important to understand that:
- The speed and voice of your computer’s default voice can be changed in the Control Panel.
- Before you can have Outlook or any other MS Office application read aloud your selection, you’ll need to first
- select the text.
The below steps would work with Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista and later versions.
The Text to Speech feature is different from Narrator, the built-in feature that speaks out keystrokes only. Text to Speech reads out text you enter or receive in Office documents or emails.
Set Up Outlook To Read Out Emails
Related Post: How to enable Dark Theme in Outlook for iPad
- Open Outlook.
- Quick Launch bar is a small toolbar that is next to the Outlook icon at the top-left corner of the Outlook window. To access the Quick Launch bar, click the rightmost button on the Outlook Ribbon that indicates a bar above an inverted triangle.
- Click the black triangle and select “More Commands” from the drop-down menu.
- A dialog box will appear with a list of commands on the left and the Quick Launch toolbar on the right. At the top of the dialog box, select All Commands.
- From the list in the left pane of the dialog box, select the Speak command by pressing the S key on your keyboard.
- To add the Speak command to the Quick Launch Toolbar in MS Outlook, press Add in the right pane of the dialog box.
- Click on OK to close the dialog box.
The Speak button on the Quick Launch toolbar above the Outlook ribbon now has an icon of a speech bubble. To have MS Outlook read selected text in an email, simply select the text and click the Speak button. To change the speed of your voice, go to Control Panel -> Speech Recognition, select the Text To Speech option and make changes there.
How do I get Outlook to read emails aloud?
To get Outlook to read emails aloud on Windows, you can add the Speak command to the toolbar. For that, open the Customize the Quick Access Toolbar panel, select All Commands and add the Speak command. Then, save the change and use it to read the email aloud.
Can Outlook speak emails?
The Outlook desktop client can speak emails. You don’t need to read emails manually, as you can get Outlook to read the email aloud on your computer. Although this feature is disabled by default, you can turn it on by following the above-mentioned guide.