Outlook says Please log in via your web browser for accessing Gmail or your email client, this post is sure to help you:
Please log in via your web browser
Related read: Fix Outlook.com problems, errors and issues
I have configured Outlook on Windows 10 for both Hotmail and Gmail accounts. All was fine until one day when I saw the following message box pop up:
When I click “OK” on the dialog box, it opens the Outlook login box with my email credentials pre-filled. However, clicking the “Connect” button does not connect my Outlook to Gmail, and I am unable to download Gmail email.
This probably happened because I was using a VPN software and started Microsoft Outlook. Gmail probably blocked access, seeing a new IP.
II checked up the given Google Support URL, and it suggests the following: Check if your phone’s date and time are set correctly. If that doesn’t fix the problem, try these steps: Restart your phone. Check if you have a strong Internet connection. If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, move closer to the router. Update the Google Play Store app.
- Check your password
- Update your email client to the latest version.
- Make sure you’re using the right password.
- If you’ve changed your Gmail password, you might need to update your account setup information.
- If you’re using 2-Step Verification, try using an App Password to sign in.
- If you haven’t turned on 2-Step Verification, you might need to allow less secure apps to access your account.
I didn’t find any of this helpful. What worked for me was going to the Google DisplayUnlockCaptcha page and following the instructions there.
I did what I needed to do and restarted Microsoft Outlook. I found that it could now connect to Gmail. If your account has been blocked for security reasons, visit https://google.com/blocked to unblock it.