How to clear Outlook .pst data file from OneDrive in Windows 11/10 when you backup files from your Outlook accounts. Over time, this data file can become large and slow down your OneDrive sync.
Remove Outlook .pst data file from OneDrive in Windows 11/10
There are many ways to clear your Outlook .pst data file and this article will show you how to do it from OneDrive.
- Launch File Explorer.
- Go to the \OneDrive\Documents\Outlook Files folder.
- Copy the .pst file from the OneDrive folder to your PC.
- Give the copied file a new name.
- Restart Outlook.
- Go to the File tab
- Choose Account Settings.
- Switch to the Email tab
- Hit the Change Folder
- Select the account > New Outlook Data file.
- You’ll need to go to the location of your newly renamed copy .pst file.
- Open your account settings.
- Choose the Data Files tab, and then choose the data file location that includes OneDrive.
- Remove the file from the connection.
Let’s go over the above steps in more detail.
Launch File Explorer and navigate to the following location:
To find your .pst file in your OneDrive folder, look for a file named “Outlook Data File.pst”. Copy this file to a new location on your PC.
Copy the file and give it a new name like firstname.lastname@example.org. Restart Outlook and choose the File tab when done.
To change your email settings, go to the Email tab in Account Settings.
Change Folder button visible at the bottom of the screen.
Next, choose one of your accounts > New Outlook Data file. Now, go to the location of your newly renamed copy of the .pst file.
Firstly, go to Account Settings. Then, find the Data Files tab and select the file location which includes OneDrive. Lastly, hit the Remove link to disconnect the file.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.