Sent Items Folder missing or not found in Outlook, it automatically stores a copy of the email in the Sent Items folder. However, you may sometimes find that the Sent Items folder is missing in Outlook. In this article, we will discuss the reasons why the Outlook Sent Items folder may have gone missing and how you can restore the Sent Items folder in Outlook.
Why is the Sent Mail Folder not showing in Outlook?
- If your storage space is full of old and unwanted messages, you may see this issue.
- If you’re not seeing your sent messages in the Sent Items folder in Outlook, it might be because the “Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder” option is turned off.
- Many people suddenly close Outlook, which can prevent sent emails from being stored in the Sent Mail folder.
- A corrupted Outlook Profile can also cause this issue.
Sent Items Folder missing or not found in Outlook
If you can’t find your Sent Items Folder or it’s not appearing in Outlook, try these suggestions to get it back:
Enable option to save email copies in Sent Items folder.
Remove or Delete Unwanted Sent Emails from the Sent Folder
Create a new folder for storing sent emails.
Clear your Outlook cache to improve performance and free up space on your computer.
To disable Outlook cached exchange mode, follow these steps:
Create a New Outlook Profile
Now let’s know how to fix this problem in detail.
1] Remove or Delete Unwanted Sent Emails from the Sent Folder
Most of the time, your sent items folder gets full of old, unwanted, and irrelevant emails and messages. This can cause your sent items folder to become corrupt, and you may not see your most recent emails in the folder. To fix this problem, delete old, unwanted, and irrelevant emails and messages from your sent items folder in Outlook.
Related post: How to Fix Outlook Error 500
2] Enable the Option Save Copies of Email in the Sent Item Folder
If you don’t see your sent mail in the Sent Items folder, it’s because you don’t have the option enabled to save copies there. Go to your settings and turn it on. This way, if you send someone a mail, it’ll automatically get saved in the Sent Items folder.
Save copies of sent items: To save copies of items you’ve sent in Outlook, follow these steps:
- In Outlook, click the File tab.
- Click Options.
- Click Mail.
- Under Save messages, select the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder check box.
- Under the Save message section, scroll down the page and click the Save button.
- Check the Save copies of messages in the sent items folder option.
- Click OK.
3] Create an Alternative Folder for Storing Sent Emails
When you send mail to someone, this mail is saved in the sent item folder in outlook. You can easily find your mail by following the below steps to create an alternative folder.
- Outlook application launch.
- Click on the New Email tab, and a new window will appear on your screen.
- Click on Options. Click the Save sent item to option and then select the Other Folder option.
- A new window will appear on your screen. To create a new document, click the “New” button.
- A new page will open where you can name your new folder.
- Choose the mail and post you want to store in that folder and go to that folder.
In Outlook, you can create a new folder by opening Folder > New Folder. A new folder can thus be created where sent mail will save automatically.
4] Clear Outlook cache
TheHere is the procedure to completely delete or clear the Outlook cache files from their location, and reset them. This includes auto-complete data as well as other temporary files.
- Launch Outlook
- To find the Outlook cache location, go to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook.
- Deleting cached files in Outlook can help improve your experience using the program.
- To remove the auto-complete cache in Outlook:
- Restart Outlook
5] Disable Outlook Cached Exchange Mode
Cached exchange mode allows us to access emails and other tasks in outlook, even when our system is not connected to the internet. This mode saves all files in our system hard drive in OST file format, and when the OST file gets oversized, it can corrupt our email or sent folder. By disabling this option, we can prevent our file from becoming corrupted.
Below are the simple steps to turn the cached exchange mode off.
- Open Outlook and click on the File tab.
- Choose the ‘Account settings’ option, then click on the ‘Account settings’ button.
- Choose the account and select the Change tab.
- You can see the Offline setting by scrolling to the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Uncheck the box labeled “Use Cached Exchange Mode.”
6] Create a New Outlook Profile
Your Outlook profile could get corrupt due to many reasons, such as power failures during abrupt shutdown of the application. Since your outlook profile is corrupt, you can’t access your data. However, if you have recently taken a backup, creating a new Outlook profile is a good option.
Follow the below steps to create a new Outlook profile
- Launch Outlook, select File, select Account Settings, and select Manage Profiles.
- A Mail Setup dialogue will appear on your screen. Click on Show Profile.
- A dialog box for Mail will appear on your screen. The list of all Outlook profiles that currently exist will be shown.
- Prompt for a profile to be used.
- Now click OK.
- A new account can be created by entering your name, email address and password into the appropriate fields and clicking ‘Next’.
- Close and Restart Outlook.
Follow the below steps to remove the corrupt profile
- Launch Outlook
- Click on File
- Go to Account Settings
- Locate Manage profile
- Click on Show Profile
- Select the profile you want to delete
- Click on Remove.
To create a new Outlook profile, follow these steps Delete your existing Outlook profile.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Mail.
- Under Profile, click on the profile you want to delete, and then click on Remove.
- Click on Yes when prompted to confirm.
- To create a new profile, click on Add under Profile.
- Enter a name for the new profile, and then click on OK.
- Follow the prompts to set up the new profile.
How do I rebuild my Outlook 365 profile?
To fix or repair the profile from the Outlook Desktop application, follow these steps:
- Click File on the menu bar.
- Select ‘Account Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the Email tab, find the account you want to repair and click Repair.
- Select Next.
- Outlook will complete the setup for your account.
How do I get my Sent folder back in Outlook?
When you send a message, you should be able to find it in your Sent folder. If you can’t find your sent message, it may be because your Outlook is misconfigured.
- Launch Outlook.
- Click on File.
- Select Options.
- Click on Mail.
- Scroll the pages down and go to the “save messages” option; check the box that says “save copies of messages in
- sent item folder.”
Can we use multiple email accounts in a single Outlook?
We can use multiple email accounts in Outlook by repeating the process of adding an account. If you’re interested, here’s how to combine the Outlook Inbox of multiple accounts, or how to add multiple accounts in the Outlook app for Android and iPhone.
How do I add a Sent folder in Outlook?
Replace with: To add a Sent folder in Outlook, you need to enable the “Save copies of messages in sent item folder” option from settings. If you want to know how to do the same, check the second solution, which will help you add the folder in question.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.