Microsoft is well known for integrating its product across other products. Creating Microsoft Teams meeting info from Outlook is one such scenario that makes it easy for users as they don’t have to go to Teams and then create a new one. However, some users have reported missing the ability to do that. If you cannot add Teams meeting info from Outlook, this post will help you.
Unable to add Teams meeting info from Outlook
There are three ways to ensure that your Teams meetings info from Microsoft Outlook is included correctly.
- Enable Add Online meeting to all meetings option
- Add or Reinstall Microsoft Team Meetings Add-in for Microsoft Office
- Re-register Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll
- Verify Registry Settings
- Check Policies (IT Admin)
You will need to have a Microsoft Teams account using the same account as your Outlook account. However, if you are using a corporate account, your company may limit you from doing this.
Enable Add Online meeting to all meetings option
Outlook has a dedicated setting for Calendar where you can enable the option to add an online meeting to all meetings. You can also configure the default duration, shorten appointments and meetings, etc.
- Open Outlook and click on File, and then click on the Options menu
- In the options window, click on Calendar.
- Locate the Calendar option, and check the box that says: Add an online meeting to all meetings.
- Save the change, and now try creating the Microsoft Teams meeting from Outlook.
Add or Reinstall Microsoft Team Meetings Add-in for Microsoft Office
The Microsoft Teams Meetings Add-in for Microsoft Office allows you to create meetings from Outlook. To check if it’s installed, select the meeting invite in Outlook, and then select Meeting Details on the right side. If the add-in is installed, you’ll see Join Microsoft Teams Meeting in the meeting details.
- Open Outlook, and go to Options > Add-ins
- Locate add-in with the name: Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office.
- If you can’t find it, click on the Go Button next to the COM Add-ins dropdown at the bottom of the section.
- Select Microsoft Teams meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office and click on the Add Button
- Once done, restart Outlook, and check if you can create the meeting.
Verify Registry Settings
We will change the registry setting, which is risky if you accidentally delete anything. Hence if you are doing this, make sure first to create system restore. These steps will fix if the add-in doesn’t display even if installed.
- Open Run Prompt, type regedit.exe, and press the Enter key to open the Registry Editor
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins.
- Check whether TeamsAddin.FastConnect is displayed.
- Under TeamsAddin.FastConnect, make sure LoadBehavior is displayed and is set to 3.
- If LoadBehavior has a value other than 3, change it to 3 and restart Outlook.
Restart Teams and Outlook, and check if the issue persists.
If you were having trouble adding Teams meeting info from Outlook, we hope this post was helpful in resolving the issue. In most cases, the problem is with the Add-ins, and we’ve suggested a few solutions to fix it.
Do Microsoft Teams meetings sync with Outlook?
Yes, Microsoft Teams meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office does automatically sync all the Teams meeting with Microsoft Outlook Calendar. It works across devices.
How do you attend a meeting in Outlook?
From the Calendar, find the meeting entry you wish to join and open the meeting request. In the meeting request, click Join online meeting.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.