won’t be able to receive mail from a current mailbox Outlook error configuration and determine if you may be affected by some known issues. If you have Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Office installed on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may encounter the error message Stop you should wait to install Office, You won’t be able to receive mail from a current mailbox when you try to upgrade to a newer version of Office.
You may encounter an issue where a Fill Effects dialog box appears. If you receive the full error message along the following lines, you can try the following solutions.
If you select “Install anyway” on the error prompt and upgrade to a newer version of Outlook software, the following error message will appear when you start Outlook. If you proceed to click OK on the error prompt, the following error message prompt will be displayed:
Related Post: How to add Watermark in Outlook email
If you install Outlook 2016 and try to connect to a primary, shared, or delegate mailbox or folder, you may get an error message that says “Outlook may freeze at the splash screen for several minutes before these errors messages are displayed.” In some cases, you can select “Install anyway” on the error prompt and upgrade to Outlook 2016, but you may still get an error message when you try to connect to a mailbox or folder.
When you try to open a Public Folder, you are greeted with the following error message. View words from the original :If the Office update process determines that the Auto discover service is inaccessible, you will encounter the error in view. This problem may occur due to either of the following reasons:
- The old version of Outlook was set up to connect to Exchange Server without Autodiscover. This was done by specifying the server settings manually. In Outlook, the option to configure an Exchange account manually is no longer available.
- Auto discover is no longer available.
You won’t be able to receive mail from a current mailbox
You can’t receive mail from a current mailbox errorIf you’re experiencing the “You can’t receive mail from a current mailbox error” on your device, don’t worry. There are a few recommended solutions you can try below to fix the issue.
- Run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool
- Run Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer
- Manually create new Outlook profile
- Ensure Exchange Autodiscover service is running correctly
- Uninstall/Reinstall Office Outlook
- Upgrade Exchange Server
Let’s examine the process for each of the listed solutions.
1] Run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool
The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool can help you fix the “You won’t be able to receive mail from a current mailbox Office upgrade error” that occurred on your device.
The tool can help you with Office if:
- You may get an error when installing Office.
- can’t activate Office.
- To uninstall Office
- can’t sign in to Skype for Business.
- can’t get my email on my phone.
- We’re having trouble opening or signing in to Outlook on the web for some people. We’re working on it and will let you know as soon as it’s fixed.
- Can’t install or enable Outlook for Dynamics 365.
You can use the Microsoft SaRA tool on your Windows 11/10 computer.
2] Run Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer
This solution requires you to run the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer – a tool that allows Microsoft Office Outlook Connectivity Test for Outlook Autodiscover. This test goes through the steps that Outlook uses to obtain settings from the Autodiscover service.
3] Manually create new Outlook profile
This solution requires you to manually create a new Outlook profile. To do this, you can follow the instructions in the guide on how to fix Error 0x8004010F, Outlook data file cannot be accessed.
4] Ensure Exchange Autodiscover service is running correctly
Autodiscover is a service that helps email clients like Outlook to connect to your email server. It uses your email address to configure your account automatically.
In order for Outlook to use the Autodiscover service, the service has to be accessible over your current network connection. You can test whether your Autodiscover service is working correctly in either of two ways as follows: First, try to connect to the Autodiscover service using your web browser. If you can connect and see the Autodiscover page, that means the service is running and accessible.
The Test-OutlookWebServices cmdlet can be found at the following path:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\v14\Scripts
To determine the status of your Autodiscover service using PowerShell, do the following:1. Run the Get-ClientAccessServer cmdlet.
- Press Windows key + X to open Power User Menu.
- To launch PowerShell in admin/elevated mode, tap A on your keyboard.
- In PowerShell, type or copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:
Test-OutlookWebServices -identity: firstname.lastname@example.org –MailboxCredential (Get-Credential)
Provide a valid email address and password when prompted for credentials. Check that all items in the result display Success. If not, your Exchange server configuration is incorrect.
Using Outlook client
To check the status of your Autodiscover service using Outlook, do the following:
- Launch Outlook.
- To access the Outlook icon in the Taskbar:1. Right-click on the Outlook icon in the Taskbar. While holding down the CTRL key, click on the icon.
- To test your email configuration, select “Test Email AutoConfiguration” from the context menu.
- Enter your credentials in the window that appears.
- Only use the Autodiscover option.
- Click the Test button.
- After the test is finished, click on the “Log” tab.
- Log in to see your search history on different browsers and computers.On the Log tab, look for a line which says “Autodiscover to [Exchange Server URL] Succeeded.” If you don’t see this line, then your Exchange server configuration is probably wrong.
5] Uninstall/Reinstall Office Outlook
This solution requires you to do either of the following:
- If you upgraded to Office 2016 from a Microsoft 365 subscription, you’ll need to uninstall Outlook 2016 and then reinstall Outlook 2013 on your PC.
- If you have Office 2016 installed on your PC and want to revert to an earlier version (Office 2013 Home & Business, Office 2013 Professional, or Outlook 2016 for Windows standalone), you can uninstall Office 2016 and then install the earlier version.
If you’re looking to downgrade from a newer version of Office to an older one, our guide will show you how.
6] Upgrade Exchange Server
After upgrading your Exchange Server, you can reinstall Outlook 2016 for Windows 11/10. Assuming you have multiple Outlook email accounts and one of the accounts that isn’t your primary account is connected to an older Exchange server, you can remove the account from Outlook and then add/use the account to the Mail app or another email program on your system.
How do I enable my current mailbox?
To search a specific folder for attachments using Outlook’s search box:First, select the folder you want to search in the folder pane. Then, at the top of the message list, you’ll see a box that says “Search Current Mailbox.”
Why am I not receiving emails from outside my organization?
After signing in to Office Admin Center, go to Admin > Admin centers > Exchange. Then, go to Recipients > Mailboxes. Select and open your mailbox. After that, go to Mailbox features > Message delivery restrictions. Finally, uncheck the Require that all senders are authenticated option.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.