Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here when you are trying to copy corporate content/data from Outlook or from other managed apps to any other application installed on your Windows 11, Windows 10, iOS or Android device.
The error message you’re seeing is due to a security feature in Microsoft Intune Policy Management (MIPM) that doesn’t allow users to copy data to an unauthorized app on the same device. This means the app you’re trying to copy to isn’t recognized according to the Microsoft Intune Policy. In some cases, the error can occur even while copying data to an authorized app. In such a case, the issue could be due to an outdated version of the Outlook or Office application installed on your device.
Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here
Related Post: How to connect Slack with Outlook Calendar
If you’re seeing the “Your organization’s data cannot be pasted here” error message, you can try the suggestions below to fix it on your Windows 10, iOS, or Android device.
- Manually update Office suite
- Recreate Office document (applies to Excel)
- Modify Intune app protection policy
A Let us examine the process described for each of the listed solutions.
1] Manually update Office suite
As already mentioned, this could be caused by an outdated version of Outlook or Office on your device. To rule out this possibility, you can manually update Office on your Windows 11/10 PC or on your iOS or Android device.
2] Recreate Office document (applies to Excel)
This is a workaround more than a solution, which requires you to recreate the Office document, in this case Microsoft Excel.To do this:
- Create a new file.
- Make some edits to a cell by selecting it and then filling it with color.
- Now save the file to your OneDrive for Business location.
You can copy and paste your organization’s data into the spreadsheet once you’re done.
3] Modify Intune app protection policy
The Restrict cut, copy and paste between other apps policy is set to Blocked in Microsoft Intune Policy Management, users will be unable to copy data between apps. However, this doesn’t affect protected apps and you can freely copy data between protected apps on your device.
To modify an Intune app protection policy, do the following:
- Login to your Intune dashboard.
- Click on the “Client apps” link on the left side of the dashboard.
- Navigate to the Client apps screen. From the left-hand pane, select App protection policies.
- Click the “Create Policy” button to create a new policy, or click on an existing policy to edit it.
- You will need to provide additional details like the Platform when you create a new policy under Settings > Data Protection > Data Transfer.
- Now, under the Data Transfer section, change the policy for cutting, copying, and pasting between apps as needed.
- Click the OK button to save the policy.
Now you can copy and paste data within all apps installed on your device.
What does your organization’s data cannot be pasted here mean?
The error message you’re seeing means you’re trying to copy data from Outlook or another managed app to an unauthorized app. To fix this, try copying the data to a different app.
What is the Intune company portal?
Intune is a cloud-based subscription service from Microsoft that helps organizations manage access to corporate apps, data, and resources. With Intune, businesses can control employee access to company information using the Company Portal app.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.