This guide explains how to add social media icons to outlook email signature step by step with necessary pictures and screenshots. This allows people to get the links of your social media accounts so that they can follow you.
In addition to that, you can put the favicon of your website that points to the product page using this method.
How To Add Social Media Icons To Outlook Email Signature
Adding social icons in the footer is only possible if the email signature is turned on. For this, you need to open a Word document because it is much easier that way. MS Word comes inside the package when you purchase Microsoft Outlook with Office.
Before creating a new document, download and save the required icons from the internet to your computer. You can use sites like Pixabay and Pexels to get royalty-free logos. You can use such public domain images anywhere, for any reasons, without having copyright issues.
The steps are as follows:
- Open MS Word & create a blank document.
- Switch to ‘Insert’ tab and click ‘Pictures’.
Or, you can select ‘Online Pictures’ if you know its URL.
- Search for the icon and double click on it to insert.
Using this process, add as many as icons you wish. Make sure to add spaces between them so that they do not stick together.
The logo that you’ve imported might be big or small in size. We need to make it proper dimension in the following ways:
- Right-click on the image.
- Select ‘Size and position’.
- Change the values of height and width to both 0.5″.
- Click ‘Ok’.
Repeat this until all the imported images are fixed.
Link Icons to Social Media Accounts
To make the icons work, we need to link them to social media pages. Let’s learn this.
- Right-click on the logo.
- Select ‘Link‘, previously ‘hyperlink’ in older versions.
- Type social media profile link in the address bar.
- Click ‘Ok‘.
The icon is now linked with your account. Do the same thing for the rest of the pictures.
Create Signature in Outlook
You’re just one step away from adding icons to outlook signature. Just follow these steps:
- Copy everything that you’ve created using the above steps. Use ‘CTRL + A‘ to select everything, then ‘CTRL + C‘. If these hotkeys are not working in Windows 10, first press and hold ‘Fn‘. Then enter these shortcut keys.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Navigate to: File > Options > Mail.
- Click on ‘Signatures‘.
- Click on ‘New‘ button.
- Type a name and click ‘Ok‘.
- Click on the signature editor box.
- Paste the content copied from MS Word by pressing ‘CTRL + V‘.
- Select your default e-mail address to assign with this signature.
- Press ‘OK‘.
Every time you create a new mail, the social icons will be present on its footer by default now. If anyone clicks on it, they will be redirected to the links assigned to it. We hope that this tutorial on ‘how to add social media icons to outlook email signature‘ helped you. Let us know your feedbacks or improvements suggestion in the comments below.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.