SEO Design the Game Changer for Your Website Development, Have you ever wondered how search engines like Google work? What makes a website pop up when you type in a phrase in the search bar?
Why do posts from years ago appear at the top of the result page? Starting a website can be a challenging exercise.
You worry about driving traffic to your site. What can you do to make your posts appear on the first page of a search engine?
At the end of this article, you’ll know how to use SEO to improve your writing, and your website traffic would be buzzing on the next level!
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the art of creating content to answer common questions. When people get curious about specific things, they type in their queries in the search bar.
Millions of people across the world are asking questions on the same thing at the same time.
That is why you see suggested prompts when you start a question – someone has asked the same thing, and there’s an answer.
The algorithm gathers similar questions and picks on keywords. SEO writing is tailoring your article to answer questions based on keywords.
Why Should You Use SEO?
You’re not the only person writing about a topic. You have multiple competitors – known and unknown. The goal is for your website to be the top destination for queries relating to your business specialization.
When you use SEO writing for your website posts, the algorithm picks up your pages during keyword and content searches. Optimized articles get the most visibility because they rank higher.
How to Use SEO
The foundation of SEO writing is structure. You learned in elementary school that every good essay has an intro, a body, and a conclusion. Map out a plan to take your readers on a journey.
Related Post: Update Samsung Smart TV Software and Apps
SEO writing is an upgrade from elementary essay writing. It would help if you broke your work into segments to make it easy for your readers.
Before you start writing, search for your topic on the internet. Note the recurring keywords and use them.
A general structure you can use is;
- Title: Make it catchy. Your title is the first thing people read when they see your website on Google’s result page. Draw them in.
There are so many options. You can make it a question like “How do you write SEO articles?” or a listicle – “Five easy steps to write an SEO article.” Be creative!
- Meta description: Underneath your title, include a summary of your content. This sentence appears on the Google result page when it suggests your website. It’s the highlighted blue text that tells readers you have the solution to their problem.
- Intro: “First impressions last longest,” you’re familiar with the phrase. It goes for writing as well. Your first sentence and paragraph would make or break your article.
Include the keyword in the first line of your post. You shouldn’t force it in; make sure it flows because it has to make sense! Limit the intro paragraph to 100 words or less.
- Headings: Break down the body of your work into headings. The beauty of SEO writing comes alive here. What is your post saying?
Arrange each point under a subheading that catches the readers’ attention. Often, people land on your page looking for the answer to one question. Make it easy for them to find those answers.
You have H1 for the main heading then H2-H4 for the sub-headings. Using them automatically arranges your table of contents. Readers love organized posts.
- Conclusion: You know how a bow makes a gift wrapping more beautiful, the conclusion seals the deal. Writing without one is like a cliffhanger. Summarize your text in a short paragraph.
Use your keyword to answer the question that drew their attention. It should be in the last sentence of the paragraph. That’s an encouragement for your readers.
The final paragraph should be 100 words or less. No less than 40 words, though.
- Word Count: Why is it important? Search Engines work with patterns. Blog posts fall under the category of 1000 words or more. If your article has an inadequate number of words, it won’t rank. In line with structuring, each heading should have a set number of words. It can be 70-90 for H3 or 120-150 for H1. It depends on the volume of your text.
Your Meta description shouldn’t exceed 155 characters. That’s about 75 words. Make sure your main info is in the first sentence.
- Keywords: Find out buzzwords for your topic before you start writing.
Spread the keywords across the article. Use it in the intro, twice or thrice in the body, and once in conclusion. That’s five times at most.
- Link: Hyperlink keywords to other articles or relevant websites. If you’re talking about a product, link the name to a store where readers can buy it. You can also link to another heading within the article.
Linking is one of the benefits of using headings. SEO Design the Game Changer for Your Website Development When you attempt to in-link, the document asks for a header. What this does is that users can click on the link and arrive at their destination.
It also helps your other articles. You can use links to refer new readers to your older articles. Hyperlinks are like a rabbit hole; readers get immersed in information driving traffic on your website.
- Use tools: Highlight essential aspects of your text by using Bold, Italics and Underline. It draws attention to it. Using tools adds personality to articles and makes them interesting to read.
If you follow these simple rules, your writing will improve. You’ll get more visibility on result pages and drive your website traffic up! SEOBrothers is an SEO-oriented international company that takes on multiple projects.
The company helps website owners build their pages and rank high on the search engine algorithm.
You can hire a copywriter to help you optimize your writing. Reach out today to transform your website content into a helpful and visible resource for readers.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.