Table of Contents
Turn off voice guide Samsung tv, if you use a Samsung Smart TV, you might be familiar with its Talkback and Accessibility features.
By enabling the High-contrast mode for example, Turn off voice guide Samsung tv it makes the letters in menus easier to read because they’re bolder and darker so that it’s easier on your eyes
. You can even enlarge the menu sections or text if that helps make things easier on your eyes.
Additionally, Turn off voice guide Samsung tv by selecting greyscale instead of color options, colors disappear which could potentially make them harder to focus on as well.
Turn off voice guide Samsung tv
Lastly, you can enable subtitles and sign language to really help give extra information about the details behind what’s being said such as an introduction and other useful context clues.
Turn off voice guide Samsung tv, the tips provided to stop Samsung TV from talking and telling you what’s going on as you try and enjoy your favorite show will work for all models.
Whether you own a Samsung Q70R, Q80R, Q90T, Turn off voice guide Samsung tv or even the newer models like a Q6F, you can turn off the voice guide feature, regardless of whether you’re watching content on an HD television or one with 4K resolution.
You should also keep your TV up-to-date by updating it automatically or via USB drives.
What is Voice Guide?
Samsung voice guide is an app that lets you hear what’s on your smart TV. It can tell you the names of people and places in the movies you’re watching, as well as describe what’s happening.
Voice Guide also speaks up when you change channels or switch to other devices like your set-top box. You get text-to-speech for online streaming services, too, so you can use your remote without looking at the screen.
The TV’s Voice Guide feature lets you know what widget, Turn off voice guide Samsung tv app or screen you’re on. Concerned that someone using your TV might not be able to read the words on the screen?
The Voice Guide feature will tell you what’s happening while you’re watching something or even when your TV is idle.
Though similar to Android’s Talkback feature, Turn off voice guide Samsung tv disabling Samsung’s voice guide is a lot easier and it gives you more control over it.
This accessibility feature may prove useful for some people with vision issues or bad eyesight who struggle to read small text but as long as everything is clear and legible for you then perhaps using this option could be kind of redundant since there aren’t any other voices out there telling you how to navigate through the different screens.
Additionally, if for whatever reason you feel like this option doesn’t suit your needs, it can easily be turned off.
Annoying? Yes it is! Turn off voice guide Samsung tv I recently purchased a Samsung Q70R Series. One day, my son was in charge of the TV remote and he started playing with it.
He somehow got into this Television’s settings and turned on Voice Guide Feature. On returning home, I found a television that kept giving an audio description that sounded like some irritating voiceover.
Moreover, you can also uninstall the default apps on your Samsung DVD player by using the Apps button on your remote control.
Turning off Voice Guide on Samsung TV
Method 1: Holding the Volume Button
Well, this is the easiest method to access the Accessibility Shortcuts on your Samsung TV. Turn off voice guide Samsung tv Plus it’s a lot faster than having to go through all of your TV’s menus – a process that can get confusing and frustrating by the way.
- Press and hold the Volume button on your Samsung Smart Remote.
- Doing so will directly take you to the Voice Guide option. Just press the Center/Select button to turn off Voice Guide.
Method 2: Via Accessibility Settings
Follow these steps to stop Samsung TVs from talking in a few simple motions by navigating to Settings > General > Accessibility > Voice Guide Settings > Voice Guide. Turn off voice guide Samsung tv You can find out what each option does in the screenshots below.
- Press the Home Button on your Samsung TV’s Smart Remote Control.
- Press the left side of the round Directional pad on your remote, navigate to Settings and press the center button to open it.
- When the Settings menu is open, highlight the General option.
- Now, press the Center Button or the right side of the Directional pad on your remote to open the General settings menu.
- Navigate to the Accessibility option by pressing the low side of the Directional pad and open it.
- Among the Accessibility options, you will see Voice Guide Settings.
- Open Voice Guide Settings.
- As you can see in the above screenshot, Voice Guide is currently enabled. Just press the Center Button and it will be turned off.
Turning off Voice Guide using Voice Command
If your Samsung TV has a microphone button, you can turn off the Voice Guide by pressing it.
- Press and hold the microphone button on your remote.
- Say “Voice guide off“, or “Turn off Voice guide.”
We have created a list of hundreds of Bixby, Turn off voice guide Samsung tv Alexa, and Google Home voice controlled commands for Samsung TV that you can use to control your TV by simply speaking into someone’s phone, google home or echo.
On Old Samsung TVs (2014-2018)
If you own an older series Samsung TV, Turn off voice guide Samsung tv follow the steps given below to turn off Voice Guide:
- Press MENU/123 button on the Samsung TV remote control.
- Select Menu > System or Settings.
- Now, select Accessibility > Voice Guide.
- Select Voice Guide again.
- Press the selection key on the remote and select OFF to disable Voice Guide
Disabling Audio Description on Samsung TV (2008-2013)
According to one of our readers, Turn off voice guide Samsung tv Audio Description was turned on after she selected Closed Captions. We apologize for any inconveniences that may have been caused by this mistake.
If you own a Samsung TV released between 2008 and 2013, there is a solution for making sure that Audio Description is not activated. Please follow the steps given below:
- Press the Menu button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Navigate to Sound or Sound Mode using the directional arrow buttons and press OK.
- Now go to the Broadcast option and select Audio Language.
- If Audio Description is enabled on your Samsung TV, you’ll see English AD selected. Here “AD” means ‘audio description’.
- Switch to “English” only to turn off Audio Description.
- On some Samsung TV models, you can enable or disable Audio Description simply by holding the Menu button for a few seconds.
Having turned off the Guide feature on your Samsung Smart TV, Turn off the guide Samsung tv you will avoid being pestered by the annoying Noise description.
Some users have reported that they are still getting remarks from their smart speaker despite them having disabled the voice guide completely and going as far as disabling Bixby altogether.
Turn off The guide of Samsung tv, due to the fact that these two applications happen to be the only ones which give output, we suggest you try to disable Bixby on your TV to be rid of audio entirely.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.