Hearing loss patients can face several difficulties while watching television; amplified tv headphones can be a great solution. Here we will discuss some TV headphones for hearing impaired individuals.
There are three great headset options to enjoy your TV properly:
- Sound streaming hearing aids
- Dedicated TV headphone
- Bluetooth headphones
Let’s discuss them in detail.
Headphones for the Hearing Impaired to Enjoy TV
Sound Streaming Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are best friends for hearing loss patients. You can purchase a hearing aid that can directly stream sounds from your TV.
These hearing aids connect with your TV and stream sound to help you hear better. It allows you to hear better sounds without any background noise.
- Hear better sound
- Allows you to interact with others while listening to TV
- Comparatively expensive than other hearing aids and headphones
- Needs a steep learning curve
Here are some devices recommended for you:
Nano Sigma Hearing Aids
Nano Sigma hearing aids allow you to connect your TV with hearing aids via Bluetooth. Therefore, you can stream sound directly to your device without reducing sound quality.
Nano Sigma hearing aid is a bargain compared to other hearing aids with Bluetooth. Also, this device is very easy to adjust and use.
You can connect your Nano Sigma with the Nano Hearing aid Application for controlling volume and settings. The noise-canceling feature of this hearing aid allows you to watch TV without any disruption.
You can purchase Nano hearing aids without a prescription. Therefore, it is affordable and easily accessible.
Audeo Marvel by Phonak
Phonak’s Audeo Marvel is one of the significant hearing aids with Bluetooth compatibility. You can easily fine-tune your hearing aids with the advanced remote control function. Also, this device has Roger microphones allowing you to understand loud noise over a distance.
You can easily connect this device to your TV or smartphone to enjoy direct sound streaming. This device is capable of connecting with both iOS and Android devices.
Dedicated TV Headphone
These headphones utilize a dedicated base station to connect with your television. This base station will need to be plugged into your TV. Your headphones will receive radiofrequency or be connected via Bluetooth to enable you to listen to TV.
These headphones are quite easy to set up and work with a wide variety of televisions. It is also possible to get sound from headphones and TV at the same time. You can use these headphones to watch television programs by yourself or with your friends and family.
- Personalized listening experience
- Stream into multiple headphones
- Easy to set up
- Can cost you $100 – $200 for each pair of headphones
Here are some devices recommended for you:
Avantree HT4186 – In the Ear Comfort
These in-the-ear style headphones connect with your TV via Bluetooth connection. This is a discrete option and quite comfortable to use. People using glasses can benefit from these headphones.
You can get a Bluetooth transmitter to connect the device with your TV without hassle. Simply turn on your headphone’s transmitter and the additional transmitter and it will connect automatically. You don’t need to be tech-savvy to use this.
You will get 20 hours of battery backup from this headset. This product has mostly positive reviews on Amazon. Many users found this device helpful for regular use.
SENNHEISER RS 175 RF Wireless Headphone System
It is an over-the-ear style headphone that connects wirelessly with your TV. The digital wireless technology used in this product ensures clear and accurate signal transmission.
You can switch between virtual surround sound and dynamic bass listening mode depending on the experience you desire. The ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use.
You can easily set up this headset with your TV and enjoy it. The main controls are on the headset for easy operation. You will get a 2-years warranty with this device.
This is the most cost-effective option for you. You can use a pair of headphones with Bluetooth compatibility to hear sound from your TV. However, you will also need to have a TV that supports a Bluetooth connection.
If your TV doesn’t support a Bluetooth connection, you can add a Bluetooth TV adapter to connect your headphones. This way, you can get high-quality sound quite easily.
- More available options
- Can connect with a lot of devices
- You will need to be tech-savvy to connect your headphones with your TV
Things to Keep in Mind
While you are purchasing a TV headphone for streaming sound directly, keep these factors in mind:
- Personal Volume Control: You need to have a device that gives you the ability to control sound at your will. So, while purchasing a device, make sure to see if there’s a volume control method there. Otherwise, it will not be as effective.
- Comfort: When you are watching your favorite TV show, sports, or news, you will need to find enough comfort with your device. So while you are purchasing one, make sure it doesn’t annoy you while sitting in your ear.
- Setup: If you struggle with technology, it is wise to choose a device that is easier to set up. Complicated headphones may give you a wide range of functions but won’t help you while you need them most.
- Personal Interactions: You may want to interact with others while watching TV. So, you need to find a device that will give you clear sound and allow you to hear others.
Getting a better TV experience after an honest day of work may be necessary for you. However, your hearing loss may come between your pastime and relaxing. You can easily have that great hearing experience with these devices mentioned above.
We recommend you give Nano Sigma hearing aids a try. It will allow you to have all the necessary features and is a very cost-effective option.
Whichever option you choose, make sure it gives you the best hearing experience.