Table of Contents
- How to fix Bluetooth Paired But Not Connected Windows 10
- 1. Reconnect Bluetooth
- 2. Make Bluetooth visible
- 3. Activate Bluetooth Support Service
- 4. Update Bluetooth Driver Software
- Bluetooth Paired But Not Connected Headset Fix
- Bluetooth Paired But Not Connected Android & Car Fix
- Kindle Fire HD Bluetooth Paired But Not Connected Fix
- Bluetooth paired but not connected iPad, iPhone & Mac Fix
- Final Words
Today we will explain 101% working methods to fix Bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10 problems. Also, if you’re getting the error on android, kindle fire, iPad, Mac, or any other device, this guide contains solutions for every one of them. Similarly, we have covered tutorials for older versions of Windows, iPhone, cars, headsets, and headphones as well.
Bluetooth allows us to play music remotely and share files, but sometimes it is unstable and needs fixing. This problem also comes when trying to connect with wireless devices like speakers and microphones.
How to fix Bluetooth Paired But Not Connected Windows 10
First, check if you can detect any controversies listed below that could causes Bluetooth erros:
If you cannot find them, here I have prepared this guide to help you. The following are some of the working methods to deal with Bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10 issues.
1. Reconnect Bluetooth
There might not be problems with the computer or Bluetooth settings. To fix this problem, all you need to do is reconnect Bluetooth by performing the following steps.
- Open the start menu and go to ‘Settings’ by clicking on the gear icon.
- Select ‘Devices’ and switch to the ‘Bluetooth’ tab.
- Choose to ‘Remove Device’ with the one that is not working.
- Click on ‘Yes’ to confirm the removal.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth and make sure that it is visible.
- Go back to BT settings and pick a name listed there.
- Click on ‘Pair.’
- If you are on mobile, then it will ask to match a passcode. Remember, apply ‘Yes’ on the computer first then tap pair on mobile.
Alternatively, you can connect to Bluetooth using the Action Center. Press the hotkey ‘Windows + A’ to load Action Center on the right-hand side of the screen. Choose to ‘Expand’ and then ‘Connect.’
It shows a list of different BT gadgets near you. Select a device to connect automatically—this helps to get paired and connect Bluetooth with Windows 10. You can also turn Bluetooth on/off using the same steps mentioned above.
It was a bit difficult to find cloud laptops before 2015. Nut Now you can easily found cloud computing laptops in the market.
2. Make Bluetooth visible
This is the most underestimated reason for Bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10 problems. To make Bluetooth visible on windows 10, open the start menu and navigate to settings. Then navigate to devices >> Bluetooth . Now, turn on the Bluetooth by using the radio button.
Next, Select ‘ More Bluetooth options .‘ Under Discovery, check the box present to the left of ‘ Allow Bluetooth Devices to Find This PC .‘ In the end, click on ‘apply’ and then ok.
4. Update Bluetooth Driver Software
Follow these steps to update Bluetooth drivers:
- Right-click on the start menu and go to ‘device manager.’
- Choose the drop-down arrow to the left of Bluetooth to unhide options.
- Right-click on the listed Bluetooth driver.
- Select ‘Update Driver Software.’
- Enable ‘Search Automatically’ and let window update drivers itself.
If this does not work, try manually updating BT drivers in the following way. This step requires a pre-downloaded Bluetooth driver from an official website.
- Perform steps 1 to 4, as mentioned above.
- Click on ‘Browse My Computer For Driver Software.’
- Select ‘Browse’ and navigate to the directory where it is saved.
- Then apply ‘Ok.’
- Tick on the ‘Include Subfolders’ checkbox and choose Next.
- Pick an appropriate driver and choose next.
- Finally, click on ‘Yes’ to start the updating process. Wait until it is complete.
In this way, you can update the BT driver to solve Bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10 issues.
Bluetooth Paired But Not Connected Android & Car Fix
BT problems are not just limited to Windows 10. Sometimes they can also occur in android devices, notably Samsung, Huawei, Xperia, etc. as well as cars like Mercedes Benz and BMW. The solutions for all these gadgets and vehicles are quite similar.
At first, make a quick check of Bluetooth power and confirmed whether it is turned on or not, try switching on/off a few times. Also, try restarting both the devices and pair them again. Also, we can forget or remove the already saved Bluetooth device from our phone, then refresh the list and connect again.
Last but not least, cross-check between different devices and observe if it connects with other models. This will give hints about hardware defects so that we can take it to a mobile repair shop or manufacturer for fixing. Some android Bluetooth troubleshooting tips are as follows:
- Restart the phone
- Delete all existing paired BT devices and rescan
- Navigate to settings > Manage Apps > Bluetooth > Clear Data > Clear All Data > Confirm . This will reset the Bluetooth app to the default factory setting by removing all the useless cache files.
- Update firmware by visiting settings > About Phone > System Update > Check for updates .
Below are some common fixes for cars:
- clear Bluetooth data using the cars manual & retry
- try pairing from the car in case the phone is not responding
- sometimes factory resetting data also helps.
Bluetooth paired but not connected iPad, iPhone & Mac Fix
As already mentioned above, check if BT is turned on/off and keep the devices away from WiFi range or USB at the time of troubleshooting. Also, if it is already connected to another device, disconnect it now. Then let’s learn how to connect a paired Bluetooth device to apple products.
- Open Bluetooth > Settings > Turn On/Off
- Activate & Deactivate WiFi
- Clear cache & data of Bluetooth accessory
- Restart Phone
- Backup data and Hard reset by pressing & holding the power + home button simultaneously.
Caution: This will wipe away all the device data. So, keep a backup of important files and documents before performing. Similarly, below are the solutions for mac:
- Delete com.apple.Bluetooth.plist by visiting HD > Librabrary > Preferences
- Turn Off Bluetooth, unplug USB devices, and switch off the computer.
- Then, turn on everything that we just turned off.
- After that, click on the Bluetooth icon and fo to Bluetooth Device > Select Bluetooth Device .
- Follow all the instructions as shown on the screen and pair.
If that does not help, uninstall MagicPrefs.app and it’s data from your computer from the preferences panel.
Did the methods above help you to solve bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10 problem? Were you able to fix it for android, iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire, or the device you are using? Or, you might have other computer-related problems/solutions? Either way, let the me know by writing your story on the comments below. [c ya]