Table of Contents
Fix moisture detected error Samsung, if you own a Samsung Galaxy phone and receive the ‘Moisture detected in charging port’ message, you can fix it easily.
Samsung devices technically have an IP68 rating, Fix moisture detected error Samsung which protects it from short-circuiting.
Most high-end Samsung smartphones have moisture detection sensors as a safeguard to protect them against damages.
In cases where you got the error message on your mobile device, there are numerous things you can do to make your device function well. One of these things is to go through the battery settings and disable the moisture detection feature.
Below are a few useful Samsung Galaxy device secrets. Fix moisture detected error Samsung If you’re trying to solve some technical problems with your Samsung device, try entering the following codes and see if the problem is resolved:
*#06# You can use this code to get information about the IMEI that is assigned to your phone. This contains details like your device ID number. *#0*# You can enter this code so as to check info about the firmware info of your phone.
Please take a look at the following list of all Samsung products that rated IP 68. It means that these devices can endure dust, as well as being resistant to water submersion up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes.
- Samsung Galaxy S series: S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8 Plus, S9, S9 Plus, S10e, S10, S10 Plus, S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra, Galaxy S21+, S21 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy A series: A30, A50, A80, A8, A8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note series: Note 8, Note 9, Note 10, Note 10 Plus, Note10+ 5G, Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab series: Tab A, Tab Active 2, Tab Active Pro
Note: The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G has a resistance rating of IP69 while the Galaxy Fold and Z Flip models lack an IP rating.
IP68 rating is an important feature in modern devices. The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge were the first Samsung phones equipped with this protection rating.
Fix moisture detected error Samsung
I have owned several of the Galaxy series since purchasing my S7 Edge and have noticed this moisture-detected warning on these devices, along with past iterations of the smartphones in question such as the Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10 Plus at one point or another.
It’s pretty easy for moisture to get into our electronics. Fix moisture detected error Samsung What typically happens is that it accumulates on the inside of the cable port causing resistance and spark fault when connected to an external device, so it’s imperative that you check your ports regularly for water damage.
Moisture has been detected. Unplug your charger and wait for it to dry before plugging it back in again.
Moisture has seemingly been detected in your charger/USB port. Make sure that you check the situation to see if any moisture is still in there before charging your phone.
Although you may not be able to remove all the moisture, Fix moisture detected error Samsung by simply making sure it’s completely dry will prevent causing more damage to your gadget.
Newer smartphones are equipped with a moisture sensor that can detect if your device has come into contact with water or other liquid damaging substances.
To avoid any issues in the future such as this Galaxy S20/S10 case, one should avoid putting their phone through situations where it might get wet for extended periods of time.
Doing so could inevitably lead to problems down the line including corrosion or other degradation over an extended period of time.
Is Moisture Detection on Samsung an Error?
If your Samsung phone’s ingress protection rating is 6, then it has been built with a less permeable body.
This means that no moisture or water will be able to penetrate the exterior of your device. Even the speakers in such devices are identified with protective mesh grilles to protect them from dust and other particles.
Now, Fix moisture detected error Samsung we all know that water and electricity don’t mix.
For example, if the charging port on your Samsung Galaxy device is wet because you’ve been stuck in unexpected heavy rain and you want to charge it up, you could be causing a short circuit damaging the device and making it unfunctional.
The point is, your Samsung phone is built to last and you can trust your Samsung battery not to explode – it’s just a warning sign to let you know that water has been detected near either the charging port or your USB cable.
The moisture detection sensor built into your Samsung battery stops its charge from flowing automatically as soon as it detects moisture near either of those components.
If you’re receiving an error message that your device has been “detected moisture,” it doesn’t mean that your phone was in direct contact with any liquids.
The most common reasons behind this warning is a very humid atmosphere coupled with sweat, Fix moisture detected error Samsung especially living in a hot and humid environment.
The presence of dirt in the charging port on your Samsung device might also cause charging issues. Many users have reported getting the moisture detected warning when the charging ports get dirty.
If you are having issues with charging your Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, one of the most common reasons is that your device’s charging port is faulty.
Fix moisture detected error Samsung, most of the time this issue goes unnoticed until users try to charge their device and realize that it does not work.
This may be due to a build up of dirt, lint, and other debris that keeps getting in the way when connecting something into the charging slot. To fix this problem, simply follow the steps given below:
- The charging port is wet or it has moisture residuals.
- Dust particles have build up inside the USB port.
- The charging port has been damaged due to corrosion, careless usage, or the use of incompatible charging accessories.
Fixing Moisture Detected Error on Samsung
So, Fix moisture detected error Samsung what do you do if moisture has been detected on your phone?
Samsung’s customer support team have outlined the recommendations below of ways to stop moisture detecting warnings appearing on your phone and how to get rid of them before they resurface:
- Use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to gently wipe your Samsung phone and shake it slowly and carefully with the charger port facing downwards. Fix moisture detected error Samsung Place the device in an open space where there is ample airflow.
- Take a plastic or rubber toothpick and wipe the moisture off the metal by moving it gently inside the USB port.
- If it still doesn’t charge and shows the same error messages, you might want to wash out the charging port with freshwater, rubbing alcohol, Fix moisture detected error Samsung or any other type of alcohol solution. Then pat it dry using paper towel strips.
- Get an alcohol swab, which is probably in your medicine cabinet for cleaning cuts and scrapes. Swab the port, which is in your mobile phone or tablet, to remove any dirt or debris from the port, which you may have put there by attempting to charge the device with a faulty cable etcetera. Leave it for some minutes to let it dry up, as you won’t be able to use your phone if moisture is stuck inside the port.
- Blowing slightly hot air into your USB port from different angles for a couple of minutes with a hairdryer can help to dry out any moisture which may have accidentally gotten into your USB port.
- Blow compressed air at a low pressure into the USB port of your SD card
- We are all aware of the hygroscopic qualities of rice. Rice grains absorb RH (relative humidity). If you are getting moisture-detected error on your Samsung device, stuff your phone in a bag of dry rice and leave it there for an hour or so. Fix moisture detected error Samsung The rice grains will suck all moisture from the device and you’ll get rid of the annoying charging problems due to moisture detection. If your phone got wet with seawater, do not place it in rice grains as salty water is sticky. You should rinse and wipe your Samsung phone first with clean and fresh water.
- Silica gels are known for their superior capacity to absorb moisture better than rice. You may even want to try putting your phone in a jar with silica gel for optimal results.
- If you are still getting moisture detected error, you should try tweezers. Get a set of tweezers and gently rub the plastic part that holds the charging contacts so that any corrosion and dirt particles blocking device charging are removed.
- In addition to checking that your USB charging pin is not wet, you should charge only with the original and manufacturer USB adapter.
What to do if the Charging Port is Damaged?
If you think that the charging port of your Galaxy is bone dry and clean, there may be some hardware-related issues with either the USB port, moisture detection sensor, or USB Type C charging pins. One recommended troubleshooting step is to clear the corrosion off the charging ports on your device.
- First of all, try using a different USB C Type C cable to charge your phone. Doing so will rule out the possibility of a damaged USB port. Fix moisture detected error Samsung If the moisture detected bug has disappeared, it’s time to get a new charging cable.
- To fix the damaged charging port, you’ll need to visit the nearest Samsung Care. However, there are still some other workarounds mentioned below that you must try first.
How to Disable Moisture Detected Error
If the moisture detected error keeps showing up after you clean the USB port, and you’re still unable to charge your Samsung device, Fix moisture detected error Samsung try the following steps.
- Use a Wireless charger: Get a wireless charger so that your Samsung device does not run out of battery until the moisture has been detected issue persists.
- Turn off the device: Power off your Samsung phone and plug in the charging pin. Your device will start charging.
- Force stop Android System: Open device Settings and type ‘Android System‘ in the search box. Tap on Android System to open the app info page and then tap on the Force stop option. Now, try charging the device.
- Disable Fast Charging: Disabling fast charging can make moisture-detected warning on your Samsung Galaxy device go away. Fix moisture detected error Samsung The steps to reach the setting differs depending on the software version.
- Go to Settings> Device maintenance > Battery > 3-Dot icon > Advanced settings > Fast charging and turn it off.
- Go to Settings> Device care > Battery > Charging and disable Fast charging
- Sign out of your Samsung account: Well, Fix moisture detected error Samsung I haven’t tried this tip personally, but one of my friends claimed that he was able to get rid of the moister detected error on his Galaxy S9 simply by signing out of his Samsung account. Check out the screenshots attached below to learn the steps o sign out of your Samsung account on your Galaxy device.
- Wipe Cache partition: Before you get to the next tip, you should also try wiping the cache partition on your Samsung device via Recovery Mode.
- Boot into the Safe Mode:Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool for Android devices. If you noticed that you started getting the “Moisture has been detected” warning right after installing an app, this tip might help you. A rouge 3rd-party app might trigger serious problems including the moisture bug. Reboot your Samsung device into the Safe Mode and plug in the charging cable. If you no longer get the moisture detected error, it means the real culprit is some recently installed app. You can uninstall the suspicious apps one by one in the Safe Mode and fix the charging issue.
Fix moisture detected error Samsung, i hope the fixes mentioned earlier have helped you get rid of the moisture detected warning on your Samsung device.
However, Fix moisture detected error Samsung if you’re still encountering this issue even after trying everything, contacting Samsung support or visiting the service center which is your last resort as there might be a hardware issue at play that hasn’t been revealed yet via other equipment.
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.