Welcome to ‘Outlook AppIns’ where you can download windows movie maker for windows 10 in the free latest version in 2021 and beyond. As the trend of video marketing is growing and platforms like YouTube, Facebook Watch, and DailyMotion are taking over, Windows Movie Maker is the best choice for newcomers who are still learning and growing their channels.
And WMM is lightweight too, flexible for every type of computer with the best features, giving the power to edit videos like a pro. If you can’t afford a high spec hardware computer or buy premium video editing software, Windows Movie Maker is the best choice for you. WMM is 100% free, affordable, and comes with super easy controls and navigation systems.
From this page, you can download windows movie maker for free with a tutorial on how to edit videos like professional YouTubers using the world’s lightest graphics software. In addition to that, you will also discover how to import files with one click download link of the full version in 2021. Therefore, keep reading till the end to unleash more knowledge on Movie Maker.
Table of Contents
- Windows Movie Maker For Windows 10
- File Information
- System Requirements
- Features of Windows Movie Maker
- How to download windows movie maker classic
- Download Windows Movie Maker
- File Safety
- How To Edit Videos Like A Pro in Windows Movie Maker
- Import Files
- Add Text in Windows Movie Maker
- Adding Transition and animation
- Windows Movie Maker Alternatives 2021
- Final Verdict
Windows Movie Maker For Windows 10
Developed by Microsoft, Windows movie maker is one of the best film-making software for pc. After being discontinued in 2017, the free professional video editing software was no longer available to download from the official Microsoft store. However, its popularity is the same and people still love using the software for minor and major edits. So, we’ve saved its old original copy backup that you can download here.
Released in 2000, windows movie maker is still considered the best video editor in 2021 because of its simplicity and power to make YouTube videos, films, or slideshows. WMM is super light as it consumes less storage (around 35MB only disk) and its performance speed is lightning fast. Your computer won’t hang, lag, or freeze while editing videos inside the tool.
Not only for Windows 10, but Movie Maker is also compatible with every version of windows including win7, 8, XP, and Vista. It is available in 64 different languages. You can add text, create, edit and trim video clips on your own instantly.
|File Name||Windows Movie Maker|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Last Updated||1 Day Ago|
How to download windows movie maker classic
If you want to download and install windows movie maker’s latest version, then follow these steps.
- First, use our website to save the file to your computer.
- Right-click on the compressed zip file and extract it.
- Open the extracted folder ‘Windows Movie Maker By Outlook AppIns’. Don’t worry it’s just a promotional name.
- Finally, double-click on moviemaker.exe to launch the program.
No installation required. Enjoy the full version for free.
Download Windows Movie Maker
Our website is an alternative source for downloading windows movie maker in just a click in 2021. The author of this website personally uses the software for mixing and trimming YouTube clips before uploading them online. I have directly copied the original software from my computer, compressed it, and uploaded it here. It is 100% virus-free as I have personally scanned the file with Avast Antivirus on my computer before uploading. So it will not damage or harm your computer in any way. The download size is only 35 MB after compression.
How To Edit Videos Like A Pro in Windows Movie Maker
You watch the video below or read our page from top to bottom to learn how to edit videos in Windows Movie Maker.
Windows movie maker supports importing a wide range of audio, video, and image files. You can also add videos from a camera directly connected to the computer via a USB data cable. It is basically divided into two screens. The left one is for preview and the right side is the timeline where imported objects appear.
In order to add video clips into Windows Movie Maker, click ‘Add Videos and Photos’ on the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Then browse through the folders in your computer, select files, and hit open.
Similarly, there are other options in the home tab that perform the following Tasks:
- Webcam Video: Initialize the default webcam device connected to the computer and record live video.
- Record Narration: Used to record voice to replace the default audio in a clip. This is extremely useful for gamers and tech Youtubers. This option will be active only if there is a video already placed on the timeline.
- Snapshot: Takes a screenshot of the preview window on its actual size.
Add Text in Windows Movie Maker
- Select a clip on the timeline. Then click on ‘Title’.
- It will automatically take you to the ‘Format’ tab. A text box will appear on a preview screen. Click on the box and starting typing text. Click anywhere on the timeline to exit out of text editor.
- Make use of font and paragraph tab on top to style the text. You can also control the transparency of the text. Similarly, there are options for Background color, start time, and text duration that you can play with yourself. You can add different transition effects, outline size, and color to the text in the same tab.
- Switch to the home tab and click on ‘caption’.
- A horizontal text box will display towards the bottom of the preview screen. Click on ‘[Enter Text Here]’.
- Press hotkeys ‘CTRL + A’ to select all and start typing new captions that will replace the default one.
- The text and paragraph styling method is the same as above.
- In the ‘home’ tab, click on the downwards arrow next to ‘credit’ and it will unlock a couple of different options. Select a type from the drop-down list.
- You will be taken to the format tab again. This time you’ll see a text box that contains credits. Edit that box and you’re done. As mentioned earlier, you can also change text styling, layout, and background color from different options on top.
Adding Transition and animation
It is super easy to add transition and animation to clips in windows movie maker. All you have to do is select a clip on the timeline, and switch to either the animation or visual effects tab on top.
In the Animations tab, we can apply different transitions with pan and zoom separately. They have a huge number of effects such as cinematic, dissolve, automatic, etc. if explored deeply. You can emphasize color and give different looks to clips in the visual effects tab. There we have categories such as artistic, fade, cinematic, motion effects, etc.
Plus you can do so many more exciting video editing stuff in the full version of Windows Movie Maker. I recommend you to try everything inside the software. It will take less than a day to master video editing.
There is no official movie maker software released by Microsoft in Windows 10. Although, you can still download the previous version of the video editing software before its discontinuation here.
Windows Movie Maker was discontinued as the program failed to meet the market expectations as it lacked many features compared to the premium video editing software and failed to become a big grossing success.
Movie Maker was replaced by 'Video Editor' in 2017 which is found in-built inside the 'Photos' application in Windows 10.
The version found on our website is the classic windows movie maker that is 100% free.
Windows Movie Maker Alternatives 2021
If you want to try something new other than windows movie maker, then take a look at these free Windows Movie Maker Alternatives:
Microsoft Photos: When the movie maker has discontinued a few years ago, it was officially replaced by Microsoft Photos. It is also a replacement tool for ‘Windows Photo Viewer’. This software is used for photo management and editings like cropping, noise adjustments, correction, and red-eye removal. Besides that, it does a great job as a 3D video editor for story remix by importing video clips
Shotcut Movie Maker: It supports every audio and video format including FFmpeg for producing high-quality mp4 files. Shotcut is good for video effects and runs on Windows OS, macOS, and Linux. Some of its features are trimming and merging clips, multitrack timeline, keyframing, etc. It is free software for video producers.
VideoPad: Developed by NCH, video pad has been dominating the industry for a decade. Besides the normal desktop version on windows and mac, the video pad is also available to download for android and ios.
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate: This is a paid and heavy video editor tool to take your video editing skills to next level and display Hollywood-style VFX in your films.