This tutorial will help you discover how to find wifi password on windows 10 using various methods for saved connections. These tricks require computer administrative authorities and they are 100% free, working, and super easy.
A device connected to wifi can surf the internet free of data charges. That is how amazing wifi really is. However, the wifi owner has to pay the bills for a wifi connection. We need to control wifi and stop it from leaking. But what happens if we forget the password ourselves? That is when this tutorial comes in handy.
Read the whole article to get exciting information about WiFi!!!
How To Find WiFi Password in Windows 10
Here’s the thing. There are numerous ways to get wifi passwords from windows 10 & here we’ll explain the easiest and simplest methods. At a glance, we can use the control panel, command prompt, & similar tools to share a connected wifi secret key with our friends. And all techniques are well explained here step by step. So, keep reading until the last paragraph.
First of all, be aware that you must be the administrator of the computer or laptop before applying most of these procedures. Then, if you want to check the wifi password of an already connected network, read the following guide.
How to find WiFi password on Windows 10 using CMD?
Below are the lists of cmd command to find wifi password.
- Type cmd in the Cortana search box.
- Right-click on “command prompt” and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Grant permissions to user account control by clicking on ‘Yes’.
- Type cd/ and press enter.
- Write netsh followed by enter.
- Enter the code: WLAN show profile .
- Type this in command prompt and press enter: WLAN show profile “network name” key=clear
Remember to replace [network name] in the above code with the wifi SSID (name). The network name is case sensitive and must be written inside the double inverted commas.
As a final step, find the ‘ key content ‘ from the long list of data. Voila! anything written next to it is your wifi password.
As you have already discovered the trick to find a saved WiFi password in windows 10 using cmd, take a look at few more alternative methods.
Also read: DNS Probe Finished No Internet Fix
Find wifi password windows 10 without admin (Easy Process)
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the option ‘Network and Internet’.
- Click ‘View Network Status & Tasks’.
- Click on your connected wifi network name found next to ‘Connections’.
- Click on ‘Wireless Properties’.
- Switch to the security tab.
- Put a checkmark on ‘Show Characters’ by clicking on it to unlock ‘Network Security Key’, which is the wifi password.
I just explained how to find wifi password in windows 10 step by step. Now you can easily connect the wifi on any computer, laptop, or mobile device. If you need any additional help, support or just want to say hi, use the comment box below. C ya 🙂
Hello, My name is Shari & I am a writer for the ‘Outlook AppIns’ blog. I’m a CSIT graduate & I’ve been working in the IT industry for 3 years.