Table of Contents
This page explains how to fix windows 10 with no login screen on startup. A blank screen may appear after a power failure, and the computer shuts down. In some cases, there is just a mouse arrow pointer and nothing to click on. You will find three working methods to show a password box that is missing during boot.
I had no idea how this problem happens for the first time, but it is considered due to power failure. Also, one of the common reasons could be (in my opinion) is the use of pirated or cracked versions of Windows 10. They may contain hidden codes that spy on you and damage your system.
So always install a genuine version of windows from the official website. With that in mind, let’s learn how to fix windows 10 no login screen on startup error.
Windows 10 No Login Screen on Startup: Methods To Fix
If you are stuck on the start screen in Windows 10, then you are in the right place. Please note that we have checked references everywhere, including the official Microsoft blog. So, these methods are tried, tested, and 100% working. They will help you get back to the login screen.
Adjust Startup Settings
If the login prompt does not appears in windows 10; you will have to unlock startup settings. When that problem occurs, there is only one power button shown on the screen. With the help of that, we can adjust startup settings, but we need to restart the computer. If you are good, then follow these steps:
- Click on the power button.
- Hold down “SHIFT” on the keyboard and select the option “Restart.” Wait & let the PC shut down to reopen automatically.
- Click on ‘Troubleshoot.’
- Choose ‘Advanced Options’.
- Select “Startup Settings.”
- Select the option “Restart.”
- Press the hotkey “Fn + F5” to enable ‘Safe Mode With Networking.’
Now you can sign in using any user account but make sure it has the administrative privilege to clean boot the system later. This should solve no login screen problem, but if it still exists, take the following measures.
If you are still stuck on the start screen after performing the first method, you can try to apply system restore options. Follow these steps to fix windows 10 stuck on the lock screen using system restore. This will not affect your saved files. Always make sure that you have adequate electrical power, charger, or battery while performing this as a power cut may cause issues.
- Follow steps 1-4, exactly as described in Method 1.
- Select ‘System Restore.’
- Select your account and keyboard layout (‘US’ is the recommended option).
- Click ‘Next’ on the system restore the window.
- Select a restore point from the table and click ‘Next.’
- Click ‘Finish’ to confirm your restore point.
- Select ‘Yes’ to continue the system restore.
- It takes some time to restore your pc and finalize the files. Click on ‘Restart’ when completed.
Your PC will now be restored. Again, as I said, it will not harm or damage any other files. It is a completely safe method to resume no login screen in windows 10.
For some reason, if windows 10 no users on the login screen still exists, you should try the automatic repair method.
- First of all, restart your computer.
- When the windows logo appears at the time of startup, turn off the PC.
- Perform step no. 2 again for two more times, which makes it three times in total.
- You will now see automatic repair options. Select ‘Advanced Options’.
- Click on ‘Troubleshoot.’
- Perform steps 4-7, as described in method number 1. This should solve login screen problems in windows 10.
Windows 10 black screen after login no desktop show up
If you are getting a black screen without a desktop after logging in, it might be because of a windows update. First, try these three simple steps:
- Press ALT+CTRL+DELETE
- Select the power button at the bottom right corner
- Choose to restart
If that does not help, use the following commands in your own risk:
- Restart Graphics Drivers by pressing ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+B
- Optional: Long press power button if that’s a laptop to turn off the PC or simply unplug the power cable for a desktop. This will switch off the system, and all unsaved data will be lost.
- If you have a damaged battery, it could cause a black screen due to power loss. Confirm that by plugging and unplugging USB devices into the slots. If the power is on, it will produce a specific notification sound on Windows 10.
- Check if the signal cables are correctly connected to desktop computers.
- Disconnect all external peripheral devices like USB, Printers, Drives, etc.
- The only thing that you can do if all the above methods fail is to take your CPU or the entire setup to a hardware shop. There might be defects in the physical components of your PC, causing the black screen issue.
Similar: Best Motherboards for AMD FX 8350 in 2021
Windows 10 black screen before login no cursor
The black screen issue with no cursor happens when there is a sudden power cut or upgrade interruptions. We can also blame the outdated drivers, corrupted ports, and Lockscreen app malfunctioning. To fix this, apply the following solutions:
- Restarting the computer
- Switch the video output adapter from Display Port to VGA, integrated to discrete cards, HDMI to DVI, or any other supported by the device.
- Reboot in safe mode
- Initialize system file checker (SFC) scan & DISM Tool
- Perform automatic repair using BIOS Setup Utility (Use this with precaution)