Are you looking forward to a joyful time with your dear ones outside this summer? Are you tired of the crowded urban area and seeking a peaceful refuge? Or are you looking for a space for relaxation and doing your favorite summertime hobbies? Taking a break from your daily routines in the open air will be the perfect option for you in each of those situations.
There are more than 27 thousand picturesque urban gardens and parks in the United Kingdom. They offer remarkable spots for rest and fun in all seasons. Recent scientific studies advocate for urban gardens and parks as absolutely essential for sustainable and liveable towns and cities.
The Best Green Spaces and City Parks in the UK
- Holyrood Park is a royal public green area in Edinburgh. This park offers an array of hills, basalt cliffs, glens, lochs, ridges, and patches of gorse. This 650-acre area provides a wild highland landscape. You will find it at Queen’s Dr, Edinburgh EH8 8HG, United Kingdom.
- Saltwell Park in Gateshead is a picturesque 55-acre park. It presents visitors with beautiful gardens, woods, a boating lake, and bowling greens. Moreover, a visitor centre and cafe are available there, too. The park’s address is E Park Rd, Low Fell, Gateshead NE9 5AX, United Kingdom.
- Botanic Gardens is another remarkable green area in Belfast. It occupies 28 acres of south Belfast and is famous for its huge gardens and dining areas. This place is popular with students, office workers, and tourists. The garden is available on Stranmillis Road in Queen’s Quarter, with Queen’s University nearby. To get there, head for College Park Ave, Botanic Ave, Belfast BT7 1LP, United Kingdom.
- Hampstead Heath in London is located on a picturesque sandy ridge which is among the highest points in London. This iconic green space offers lawns for sunbathing, picnic areas, and even swimming ponds. Its address is 432 Archway Road, N6 4JH, United Kingdom.
- Also, make sure to visit Stanley Park. It is Blackpool’s primary public park that covers an area of more than 104 hectares. This green space presents visitors with significant sporting provisions, a boating lake, magnificent gardens, and a woodland area. The park’s address is W Park Dr, Blackpool FY3 9HU, United Kingdom.
- Finally, take a picnic break in Bute Park. It is located in Cardiff and comprises 130 acres of landscaped parkland and gardens. Those green areas used to form the grounds of Cardiff Castle in the past. Now, it is a remarkable natural place for relaxation and outings. Its address is North Rd, Cardiff CF10 3ER, United Kingdom.
The Benefits You Get in the Public Parks in the UK
- First, urban gardens and parks contribute to people’s better physical and mental health. Visitors enjoy walking, jogging, or cycling there. Also, spending time in nature has been shown to reduce anxiety, depression, and overall psychological distress.
- Also, green spaces contribute to effective social cohesion. Urban gardening and community initiatives in the United Kingdom serve as meeting places where people can gather, socialize, and engage in recreational activities. Many festivals and cultural activities often take place there, too.
- Next, public parks offer several environmental benefits. Such areas help mitigate the urban heat island effect, provide shade and cooling effects, and improve air quality.
- Besides, urban gardens and parks act as diverse natural habitats. They support biodiversity by providing refuge and food for various plant and animal species. As a result, visitors can come and enjoy the UK’s urban gardens showcasing diverse plant species.
- Next, green spaces enhance the quality of life. Such picnic spots and sun-soaked lawns present awesome opportunities for picnicking, playing sports, or simply enjoying nature.
- Economic and property value are other benefits of public parks and gardens. Well-designed and maintained, they attract thousands of visitors every year. It leads to increased economic activity for local businesses, such as cafes, restaurants, and shops.
- Finally, urban gardens and parks serve as excellent outdoor classrooms. Green areas provide hands-on learning experiences for children and adults alike. It promotes ecological awareness, sustainability, and a deeper understanding of the natural world.
Travel to the Public Parks in Comfort with Car Rental
Once you settle on the urban park break with your family or friends, consider the right transportation for your travel group. Thousands of people prefer vans when it comes to travelling and staying in urban parks like those in the UK. Vans in the UK often have from seven to fifteen passenger seats. They offer sufficient fuel economy, towing capacity, extensive cargo space, and sliding doors.
On the webpage – Rental24 – you will find vans of various types including minivans, full-size and step vans, and others. Each car type equips transportation that is suitable for any kind of group outing. For instance, the full-size van is an excellent choice if you are travelling with up to fifteen people and a large cargo. Meanwhile, the minivan is a perfect people’s carrier if you travel in a small group and with little luggage.
Van Rental Is a Remarkable Choice for Group Journey
Van hire presents an excellent option for such occasions as:
- Family break outside with kids.
- Meeting with a large group of friends in the urban park.
- Staying outside for leisure with dear ones.
They provide ample space for transporting goods, equipment, and materials. The cargo area has tie-down points, shelves, and compartments. It allows for efficient organization and secure transportation of items.
Also, vans are famous for their significant cargo capacity. They provide ample space for transporting goods, equipment, and materials. The cargo area is typically designed with features like tie-down points, shelves, and compartments, allowing for efficient organization and secure transportation of items.
Make sure to check on the car hire prices at Rental24 and find the perfect transport for your group break. The website offers a wide selection of van cars at any taste and price. Both extensive families and large groups of friends will find the right vehicle for their stay in the sun-soaked urban parks and gardens in the United Kingdom.