If you often work with PDF files, you may sometimes need to quickly edit them, such as correcting a mistake or adding a new section. This usually requires specialized PDF editing software. Luckily, in this article, we’ll share the five best PDF editors on the market and how to edit a PDF file using each one.
Best PDF Editor software
Among the world’s leading PDF editing suites is the PDF Ac tool. It is enterprise-level software that is packed full of cutting-edge features and a range of PDF editing tools, including optical character recognition and advanced PDF conversion tools.
Related Post: Any Trans Will Wirelessly Transfer Content
PDF element makes working with PDFs much simpler, thanks to its easy-to-use interface and dialogue boxes. If you’re familiar with programs like Microsoft Word or OS X Pages, you can learn to use PDF elements within minutes.
- Double-click the section of text you wish to edit.
- You can click anywhere inside the text area to move the position of the cursor. To add new text, simply start typing. You can also highlight text to modify it or delete text using the delete key.
- Use options in the top toolbar to change text formatting
- Once done with your edits, click outside of the text box and save your document.
This is an easy function to use once you figure out how to move your text. The other text editing options are in front of you in the top toolbar, so it is easy to navigate.
Adding text box
- Click the text (“T”) button on the left-hand side of the top toolbar.
- Click anywhere on your document to add a new text section.
- Once you have positioned your text box, start typing in your new content.
Again, this is just as easy as the other steps for modifying text. Once you learn one tool, the rest comes naturally.
- Click on the Image button in the top left-hand toolbar.
- Select Add Image
- Select an image and click on the area of your PDF document that you want to add it to.
The process of rewriting using as few words from the original as possible for the content is simple and straightforward. Users who have experience with MS Word will find it easy to use.
Moving, resizing, or rotating images
- Click on the Image button in the top left-hand toolbar.
- Hover your cursor over the middle of the image you want to modify.
- Drag the image to a new area by clicking on it and holding down your mouse. To resize an image, click on the image, then drag the blue squares on the edge of the image inwards or outwards, depending on how you want to re-size it.
- To rotate an image, click on the Rotate button on the top toolbar.
Replacing and extracting images
- Select an image then click the Replace button on the top toolbar.
- Choose a new image and click Open.
- Your new image will automatically appear in the document.
To extract an image from your document, click on it, and select Extract from the top toolbar. Choose a destination to save your image to and click Save. Images can be easily added or modified without worrying about correct formatting.
Links, Forms, and Tools
- Select the text you wish to transform into a link.
- Click the Link button to add the link URL.
The powerful Forms function in PDF will allow you to add fillable forms to your PDF files for ultimate convenience. The Tools section also contains additional tools for adding watermarks, backgrounds, headers, and footers.
Moving, rotating, and adding pages
- Click on the Organize Pages button on the right-hand toolbar.
- To move a page, hover over it, and while holding your mouse button down, drag it to a new location.
- To add a new page, click on the Insert Blank Page button on the left-hand toolbar.
- To delete a page, click on it and use the Delete Page button on the left-hand toolbar.
Extracting pages from a PDF
- Select the pages you wish to extract
- Click on the Extract Pages button on the left-hand toolbar.
- Use the Page Range button on the top of the left-hand toolbar to efficiently select the pages.
How to edit a PDF document with Adobe Acrobat
Begin by downloading a trial of Adobe Acrobat from acrobat.adobe.com. After installation and opening the app, open the PDF file you wish to edit. This can be done by clicking Select a File and choosing your file, or by dragging and dropping a file into the app. Another way to open the file is by selecting File > Open.
Nitro is a powerful PDF productivity tool that editing, converting, scanning, and e Signing PDF files incredibly easy, even for inexperienced users.
Add or edit text
- Open the PDF file in Foxit Phantom and click on the Edit Text button at the top of the screen.
- Click on the text area you wish to edit and start typing your new text.
To add a new text section:
- select Edit > Edit Content > Add Text Tool.
- Start typing or pasting the text into your new text box.
- Hit the delete key to completely remove a section of text
- Use the formatting options available, including font size, font family, and alignment.
How to edit PDF file with Nuance
Nuance offers a free 30-day trial of their PDF editing software. To get started, download the software from Nuance’s website and open the PDF file you wish to edit.
Edit text in a PDF using Nuance
- Select Edit > Modify > Edit Object. (or right-click and select Edit Text and Images).
- Click on the text that you wish to edit.
- Use your mouse to highlight the words you wish to edit or remove and make the necessary changes.
- Use the options box on the right-hand side to change text options.
As you can see, there are several great options available when it comes to editing PDF files. However, I recommend the PDF element – it offers all of the advanced features of more expensive programs but has a much simpler and user-friendly interface. You can get up to 50% off for a limited time if you decide to buy it.