In today’s digital world, passwords play a very important role in our lives. They act as a wall that separates our private lives from everyone else. With hacking and malware cases on the rise, it is more important than ever to guard our passwords efficiently. Luckily, there are many ways to do that. Two of the most important ways to create strong passwords are to have different passwords for different accounts and to make each password tough to guess. However, this can often lead to confusion for many people. This is where password managers come in handy. Password Manager by Ice-cream Apps is one such tool that can help you keep track of all your passwords in one place. You can read our review of the Password Manager below.
Ice-cream Password Manager is a powerful yet free and easy-to-use software for Windows that helps you manage all your passwords and online accounts from one window.
Ice-cream Password Manager Review
This Password Manager can store and manage passwords for multiple purposes such as online bank accounts, website logins, credit cards, identities, etc. The AES-256 encryption helps secure your sensitive data efficiently. The Ice-cream Password Manager allows multiple users to use the same computer due to its Vault feature. The Vault is the digital equivalent of a real-life safe. It is the first line of defense that guards your data. You can have multiple vaults in this tool and then secure them all with one master password.
Related Article: How To Transfer WhatsApp From iPhone To Android
This software is incredibly easy to install – just three or four clicks and you’re up and running! No endless pop-ups or permission requests are required. This software requires the installation and will open to an initiation page. You will be asked to create a vault, which can store multiple vaults. You will need to input the name of your vault, password, and a hint option in case you forget it. Filling these up will create your very own first vault.
below the hint option, you will also see an “Import” button. If you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear, asking if you want to import from .ipm files or Dropbox. The next page will ask you whether you would like to install plugins for Chrome or Firefox.
Once you have logged in and created your account, you will be taken to the Vault home page. Here you can either enter the password you created on the first page, or click on the icon to create additional vaults. The main interface will be on the left side of your screen. The “Add Item” button will be at the top. You can manage your passwords by clicking on this button.
On the right side of your screen, input all the necessary details such as the title, login id, password, and the URL of the website where you have the account. In this example, we’re setting up the password management of a Facebook account. The “Settings” button located at the top right side of the interface will allow you to customize your password management.
- The “General” tab allows you to set up the auto-lock timer and other basic customizations.
- The “Backup” tab allows you to customize the way you want to back up your data.
- The “Browsers” tab allows you to go for the Chrome or Firefox plugins.
Features in a nutshell
- Master Password – Manage all your vaults with a master password for better convenience and usability.
- Secure Notes – Safeguard your unique ideas using secure notes.
- Browser Plugins – With this feature, you can get instant access to your important data straight from your favorite browser.
- Single Click Form Fills – You just need one click to fill in forms
- Dropbox Sync – An amazing feature that lets you synchronize your data in the cloud if required.
- Multiple Users – Up to 10 users can utilize this software separately for securing their data.
- Auto Backup – You can back up your precious data automatically by setting the timer to your requirements.
- Auto Lock – This function allows you to make your vaults more secure.
If you have multiple passwords and online accounts, the password manager software from Ice-cream Apps is a handy tool to help you keep track of everything. It’s very user-friendly and does a great job of organizing all your different passwords by category (website accounts, passport information, software licenses, etc.). I don’t really have any complaints about the software— it does what it’s supposed to do— but if I’m being picky, I wish it had more cool features. Overall, though, if you’re struggling to keep your passwords organized, this is a great option to try.
Download free Ice-cream Password Manager from icecreamapps.com.