Several active individuals have visual clarity problems; hence, they must wear prescription lenses during any strenuous physical activity.
Active individuals with visual problems should wear prescription lenses for clear eyesight during physical or strenuous activity. Prescription lenses are recommended for any physical or strenuous activity for optimum performance. More so, using high-quality and doctor’s recommended eyewear is necessary for better eye clarity.
We will provide helpful techniques in this article regarding the proper care of sports eyewear and the appropriate eyewear for every need. Maintenance and cleaning tips are also to be provided for the longevity of your eyewear.
How Important Is Proper Care For Sports Eyewear
Listed below are several reasons why proper care for sports eyewear is paramount.
Visual clarity, protection from eye injury, cost efficiency, hygiene, and preserving aesthetic appeal are the reasons for highlighting the importance of proper care for sports eyewear.
- Visual Clarity: To see things clearly during any physical or strenuous activity is vital for everyone’s safety. Regular cleaning is a must for optimum usage to maintain the clarity of the lenses. Also, you can opt for prescription lens replacement for sharp and unobstructed view.
- Protection from eye injury: Sports eyewear serves as primary protective gear for the eyes. This gear protects the eyes from flying debris, dust, impact, or harmful UV rays. Proper care of eyewear reduces the risk of the negative impact of any sports or outdoor participation.
- Cost efficiency: Investing in the right sportswear is a crucial element of longevity. Investing in excellent and high-quality eyewear gives an outstanding return on investment as this saves the user from changing lenses or frames as soon as it gets wear and tear, saving money in the long run.
- Hygiene: In every outdoor activity, there is dirt and dust. Regular lens and frame cleaning is vital to maintain the lenses clean, as doing otherwise would lead to a buildup of bacteria in the eyewear, eventually compromising hygiene. Eyewear should be cleaned regularly as it eliminates dust, ensuring the latter remains dust and dirt free.
- Preserving Aesthetic Appeal: Sports eyewear is functional and can also be a style statement. To maintain the aesthetic appeal of your eyewear, preventing discoloration, fading, or deterioration of the frames and lenses through proper care and cleaning is a recommendation.
Choosing the Right Sports Eyewear
Sports eyewear protects the eyes and improves performance. Choosing sports eyewear involves various aspects.
The primary goal of sports eyewear is that it must be impact resistant. Impact-resistant eyewear is specifically made for outdoor and strenuous activities. Polycarbonate is ideal for protecting the eyes from flying objects, balls, or any collision.
Choosing Suitable Lenses for Sports Eyewear
Clear glasses are perfect for indoor or low-light sports.
- Tinted lenses are popular for improving vision. Tinted lenses improve contrast and minimize glare for a brighter, more comfortable view. Tinted sunglasses are recommended to reduce excessive eye exposure, providing benefits for active individuals. Tinted lenses offer different hues. Gray lenses enhance color perception, while amber or brown lenses increase contrast.
- The popular ones for reducing water and snow glare are called polarized lenses. These glasses decrease reflected light, improving vision and reducing eye strain. Watersports, skiing, and other glare-prone activities are ideal for these sunglasses.
- Photochromic lenses are made of photochromic molecules that instantly adjust to UV light intensity. Sports enthusiasts prefer photochromic lenses since they use such switches between clear and colored lenses.
Adjusting Eyewear for Comfort and Performance
For optimum performance, a sports enthusiast should use sports eyewear and ensure it fits securely and comfortably to function well. In choosing eyewear, look for frames encompassing the face and offering a wide field of vision without obstructing peripheral vision. Make sure that eyewear must fit comfortably with the adjustable nose pad and temple.
During strenuous exercise, the use of proper ventilation helps prevent fogging. Ventilation is an important consideration when buying sports eyeglasses. Avoid fogging. Vents or anti-fog coatings are recommended to ensure ventilation.
Sports eyewear needs to be durable to safeguard the wearer. Eyewear must endure rough handling and potential impacts. Prioritize strength and durability while choosing frames. Frames with a warranty are more durable.
Make sure your sporting eyewear blocks UV radiation. Protect your eyes with 100% UV protection. Outdoor activities require UV eye protection. These rays can permanently harm your eyes.
There is different protective eyewear for every sports activity. Tennis and squash goggles should offer side protection, while wraparound goggles are great for riding and skiing.
Maintaining Frame Integrity
To maintain the integrity of frames, below are the listed recommendations.
Regular cleaning: Cleaning the frames regularly reduces dirt, dust, and oil. Opticians recommend using mild soap or any eyeglass cleaner to clean the frames. Regularly cleaning the frames reduces the risk of replacing lenses in existing frames.
Proper storage: Storing the eyewear properly when not in use prolongs the eyewear’s usage. Also, doing so prevents scratching and reduces the risk of damage.
Be careful: Use both hands when removing and using the frame. This simple act helps prevent the frame from bending or misaligning, extending its longevity. Consistently pushing the frame upwards and downwards stretches or loosens the same.
The use of eyewear in high-temperature areas is not a recommendation. Warping the frame damages the lens in a high-temperature setting. Avoid leaving eyewear in hot cars, direct sunlight, or low temperatures, as these cause frame breakage.
Eyeglass frames, when loose, are to be precisely modified. Thus consulting experts for adjustments and repairs is recommended. Avoid adjusting the frames without professional help, as it causes further breakage.
Consulting experts for adjustments and repairs are non-negotiable. See an optician regularly to keep eyeglass frames in good shape and comfortable. Regular maintenance ensures frame longevity and eye health. Technicians can inspect frames, tighten screws, and make repairs.
Care of sports eyewear is essential for clarity, good vision, eyewear protection, and longevity. It is important to clean and maintain your sports eyewear regularly. Following proper eyewear care will help in the maintenance of sports eyewear which will improve sports performance as well as protect your eyes.
For longevity, maintenance of eyeglass frames is essential. These include regular cleaning with mild soap or eyeglass cleaner, storing in protective cases, gentle handling, and avoiding extreme temperatures. An optician or eyewear specialist must ensure the eyeglasses fit.